Sponsored

Auto mafia racing 2018 ported intake manifold

8915GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Anyone running this? If so how is it compared to airflow solutions ported intake or other well known ones?
TiA
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
If there is any difference you wouldn't be able to measure it on a dyno.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Has there been any before/after, same car/dyno/[etc], with a non-ported vs. ported? I've seen a few final results, but nothing with just the difference being porting.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Has there been any before/after, same car/dyno/[etc], with a non-ported vs. ported? I've seen a few final results, but nothing with just the difference being porting.
Yes the VMP shootout showed ported vs non ported. Typically it has a small peak increase and limits the fall off slope but it doesn't change peak power rpm.

OP
OP

8915GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Porting it gives you better average HP and torque. Look at the the dyno graphs from the VMP shoot out. The ported manifold HP/TQ curves look way better throughout the RPM range. Just Don't look at the peak numbers.
My question is more about how well auto mafia does the porting the manifold compared to other companies, like beefcake, Airflow solutions, etc.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Porting it gives you better average HP and torque. Look at the the dyno graphs from the VMP shoot out. The ported manifold HP/TQ curves look way better throughout the RPM range. Just Don't look at the peak numbers.
My question is more about how well auto mafia does the porting the manifold compared to other companies, like beefcake, Airflow solutions, etc.
My reply was to that question. It's unlikely you'd be able to measure the difference between ported intakes.

Also way better is a bit of an overstatement, though the point is made.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Yes the VMP shootout showed ported vs non ported. Typically it has a small peak increase and limits the fall off slope but it doesn't change peak power rpm.
Tracked down the VMP video, got a good look at the comparison (and discussion from VMP). Solid info, thanks!

OP
OP

8915GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
My reply was to that question. It's unlikely you'd be able to measure the difference between ported intakes.

Also way better is a bit of an overstatement, though the point is made.
Ahh got it mate! Thanks!

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
brett barber and air flow solutions are the top guys out there. seems like everyone with a dremel and a basement has become an intake porter in the last 2 months. we recommend and sell only air flow solutio

champamp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
brett barber and air flow solutions are the top guys out there. seems like everyone with a dremel and a basement has become an intake porter in the last 2 months. we recommend and sell only air flow solutio
Where is it on your site?

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang

mafiaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.AutoMafiaRacing.com
First Name
Kalob
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang 3.7 V6
Our intakes are ported by hand by our 2 full time porters in house here in Arcadia, FL in our warehouse next to our new shop. We have been porting the 18s since February of this year and have had great success with it and have several hundred out there being enjoyed by our customers currently. All of our intakes make amazing power and pull to 8k strongly. VMP did an awesome test showing the differences in the intakes.

We prefer to tune the cars with the lockouts installed as we sometimes see issues with the 18 IMRC running on the 15-17 cars and we 100% always delete them for boosted applications.

We tend to push ours a little deeper while still ensuring a quality port job that is smooth and polished for maximum flow. Each intake takes roughly a day to be ported and polished in a 4 step process and packaged up correctly.

We have sold hundreds and I can count on 1 hand the number of broken intakes we have seen. (Pretty sure the guy dropped it in his garage) But we still got him a new set of IMRC (thats all that broke) right away!

If you have any questions just feel free to holler at us on Facebook, on here, or at [email protected]

We have a Christmas deal going right now, and we offer the intakes with MMR Lockouts, or Pigtails.
Pricing starts at $500 shipped.
https://automafiaracing.com/product...d-unported-w-lock-outs?variant=12620015730711

these are VMP's results. We have some new ones coming once our new dyno is setup this spring.
vmp_test_large.jpg

Last edited:

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Are the IMRC lockouts really required if you are N/A on a 93 octane tune or would I run into issues? I've considered doing this mod as my final engine mod since it's quite a bit better than the 15-17 manifold. I just want it to work without a power loss.
Sponsored