2017-'18 GT500 & GT500KR

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Things that won't work on a production GT500 that needs over 750hp?

1.) Supercharger of any kind (TVS or not, 650-700hp)
2.) Parallel Twin Turbo system (Ford GT, Cobra Jet, EU-01. Most power, heat and size/weight)
3.) Single turbo using the Twin Scroll feature (Basic Ecoboost, making 600-650hp)
4.) Displacement under 5.0 liters (150hp per liter)
5.) Flat Plane Crank (Forced induction on an FPC is scary, especially over 5.0)

Last option is a Bi-Turbo cross plane crank V8 that displaces over 5.0 liters. I believe it will be a CPC 5.4 Bi-Turbo (Dual Staged Turbos) and at least ONE of the turbos in the Bi-Turbo system will be a Twin Scroll. I believe a Twin Scroll can be used within either system.
Wrong....

The new GT500 will have a 5.2 CPC with a 2.6L Eaton SC and be in the range of 750-760HP.

There are a couple folks here that have good connections with Ford. I know someone that has an in with Roush as well. I shared what has been posted here over the last week and when I brought up what a couple folks have shared, he asked, how in the world did you hear that info an by who. He then went on to confirm what was shared as what I typed above.

Like I said in the other thread on this topic. We will see how accurate some of our inside information is....I believe my source but like always, we can be wrong:ford:
Sponsored

OP
OP
thePill

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Wrong....

The new GT500 will have a 5.2 CPC with a 2.6L Eaton SC and be in the range of 750-760HP.

There are a couple folks here that have good connections with Ford. I know someone that has an in with Roush as well. I shared what has been posted here over the last week and when I brought up what a couple folks have shared, he asked, how in the world did you hear that info an by who. He then went on to confirm what was shared as what I typed above.

Like I said in the other thread on this topic. We will see how accurate some of our inside information is....I believe my source but like always, we can be wrong:ford:
Yeah... no...

I tried that too... At one time, there was a SC V8 GT500 bound. I believe that has changed.

Some sources inside C&D, M6G and MT have heard Ecoboost. A SC V8 GG Tax is too severe in a 4000-7000lbs package (Raptor)

At one time there could have been a Mach 1... now I'm not so sure. Either way, the SC V8 was only intended to be a placeholder for a 2017.5 car. I'm just not sure that's still happening.

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
I hear 550hp is doable with the current Voodoo although not without a severe GG Tax. I imagine they will try to keep the compression the same for 91/93 octane purposes. The Voodoo would get a 25-35hp boost depending on intake design.

With PDI (Port Direct), I believe the Voodoo's 5.2 will come down. The Hummingbird is said to "zip" similar to the bird itself... hence the nickname. I believe when PDI is adopted, the Hummingbird GT350's will be a 4.7 (289) and still make 530-550hp/430-460tq but spin to 9000rpm.

The GT500's BiTurbo V8 (probably the nostalgic 5.4) WILL NOT be a FPC. It will continue to use the Cross Plane.

Anyway, these are pretty specific questions. I will need to let someone to find that out.
I'd like to believe that as I'm a sucker for super strung out engines. I just love revs.

However, and this is a big one - Ford won't be able to make a voodoo2 at 4.7L and see that kind of torque. In fact, it would blow the record for NA tq/L out of the water. Ferrari holds that title on the 458 (88.5tq/L).

I'd love to be wrong and i'd be the first in line.

But realistically, a 4.7 voodoo would make around 400ft/lbs because Ford would have to decrease stroke in order to keep piston speed and side loading down to spin 9k. 400ft/lbs in a 3655lbs (lightest current R spec) is not enough.

Car needs to be sub 3500 for that. I'd still buy it anyway :hail:

OP
OP
thePill

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
I'd like to believe that as I'm a sucker for super strung out engines. I just love revs.

However, and this is a big one - Ford won't be able to make a voodoo2 at 4.7L and see that kind of torque. In fact, it would blow the record for NA tq/L out of the water. Ferrari holds that title on the 458 (88.5tq/L).

I'd love to be wrong and i'd be the first in line.

But realistically, a 4.7 voodoo would make around 400ft/lbs because Ford would have to decrease stroke in order to keep piston speed and side loading down to spin 9k. 400ft/lbs in a 3655lbs (lightest current R spec) is not enough.

Car needs to be sub 3500 for that. I'd still buy it anyway :hail:
I heard the torque on this particular engine took a hit during intake tuning. In order to break 750hp, some torque had to be sacrificed.

As you say, right now, with no DI, I don't think the smaller bore V8's are coming yet.

OP
OP
thePill

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Wrong....

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/2...ustang-could-deliver-up-to-810-hp-110206.html

They spoke with the same sources...

There is thePill's 808hp!!!

As I mentioned before, there was a Suoercharged engine for the GT500. The reason it was going to be used is because they wanted a 2017 GT500 and the Bi-Turbo wasn't complete. However, as we seen with the Raptor, Tooling Trial for a 2017.5 is done...

Possibilities?

Raptor will be a 2017.5 and use a SC V8, GT500 2018 only.

Or, the BiT V8 is ready and both Raptor and GT500 will be 2017.5's.

There is still plenty of room between a GT ($33,200) and a GT350 ($56,000). I do expect the SC V8 went from MY17 GT500 to a MY18-'19 Mach 1 Package GT. The dealer in Ohio sold many SC packaged GT's. I imagine Ford noticed.

I'd rather have a HALO GT500 and a Bang for the Buck Mach 1.

Anyway, there is the 810hp number (150hp per liter at 5.4 liters is? 808hp!!

Sponsored

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
http://www.autoevolution.com/news/2...ustang-could-deliver-up-to-810-hp-110206.html

As I mentioned before, there was a Suoercharged engine for the GT500. The reason it was going to be used is because they wanted a 2017 GT500 and the Bi-Turbo wasn't complete. However, as we seen with the Raptor, Tooling Trial for a 2017.5 is done...

Possibilities?

There is still plenty of room between a GT ($33,200) and a GT350 ($56,000). I do expect the SC V8 went from MY17 GT500 to a MY18-'19 Mach 1 Package GT. The dealer in Ohio sold many SC packaged GT's. I imagine Ford noticed.

If I'm reading this right, the raptor will have two engines?

EXP Jawa

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.torsen.com
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
1999 Cobra Convertible, Electric Green
HCT has no idea whether you're right or wrong but it creeps HCT out that you constantly refer to yourself in the third person.
LOL! It certainly is hard to take anyone seriously that does that... :lol:

65Terdlingua

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Mustang

Possibilities?

Seriously man? They are probably just pulling the rampant speculation that you have put out on all these threads. At 10am you say its a Turbo 5.2l Voodoo at XXXhp, at 1pm you say its a turbo 4.7l Voodoo at XXXhp with less torque, at 3pm you say its almost certain they will do a turbo 5.8l, with 808HP!! I guess its hard to be called wrong when it comes out with XX configuration when you have literally said it could be all the configurations.

And are you really saying the new Raptor will have a SC V8 when Ford has released all the info on the truck and having a Eco V6? Or that they would only use the Eco V6 for half a year?

Storm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197 Mustang
Seriously man? They are probably just pulling the rampant speculation that you have put out on all these threads. At 10am you say its a Turbo 5.2l Voodoo at XXXhp, at 1pm you say its a turbo 4.7l Voodoo at XXXhp with less torque, at 3pm you say its almost certain they will do a turbo 5.8l, with 808HP!! I guess its hard to be called wrong when it comes out with XX configuration when you have literally said it could be all the configurations.

And are you really saying the new Raptor will have a SC V8 when Ford has released all the info on the truck and having a Eco V6? Or that they would only use the Eco V6 for half a year?
Maybe thePill is secretly a Ford employee running the world's largest focus group off of our forums ;) Instant and direct feedback from all of us on various engine configurations, features, etc.

Sponsored
OP
OP
thePill

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550

Please re-read

Things that won't work on a production GT500 that needs over 750hp?

1.) Supercharger of any kind (TVS or not, 650-700hp)
2.) Parallel Twin Turbo system (Ford GT, Cobra Jet, EU-01. Most power, heat and size/weight)
3.) Single turbo using the Twin Scroll feature (Basic Ecoboost, making 600-650hp)
4.) Displacement under 5.0 liters (150hp per liter)
5.) Flat Plane Crank (Forced induction on an FPC is scary, especially over 5.0)

Last option is a Bi-Turbo cross plane crank V8 that displaces over 5.0 liters. I believe it will be a CPC 5.4 Bi-Turbo (Dual Staged Turbos) and at least ONE of the turbos in the Bi-Turbo system will be a Twin Scroll. I believe a Twin Scroll can be used within either system.
Now, About the Raptor...

I believe the will be an EB3.5 an an EBV8. At one time, I believe there was a SC V8 (and maybe still is). However, the likely hood of another SC V8 Mustang in GT500 for is becoming rare. If a SC Mustang sticks it's nose out, it will be in GT for and called a Mach 1. A SC 5.0 can only make 650hp and pass emissions. There will also be a GG Tax...

I think the GT500 will have a lot in common with the AMG 5.5. As far as set up goes.

OP
OP
thePill

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550

Also, be advised, it is SOME media sources saying it is an EB Voodoo. No... No FPC and thePill was pretty direct about that. No FPC, only repeating what initially came up a week ago.

thePill gets FB chatter then comes over here to talk about it first. I got word about the GT500 around June 27th. I came directly on here just to say "Hey, get ready"

thePill has ALWAYS said 808hp and I have never been comfortable with these rumors:

1.) FPC+FI

2.) SC V8 w/ 2.6 Eaton

3.) Cobra Jet/EU-01 Twin Turbo

I hear these SAME RUMORS on a daily basis on FB BUT, thePill only reports what HE feels is most logical/reasonable. Maybe the Turbo system is like the AMG 5.5 and it's a BiT system using a Twin turbo intake or maybe it is the Cobra Jet system? Or staged like an old Supra... Not sure yet... I just know 750+ is very hard with a SC and to pass emissions. I have a serious doubt the engine can support FI being over 5 liters, making 750+hp all while keeping a Flat Plane Crank.

3 liters? 3.5 liters? 4 liters sure... not 5 to 5.5.

Again:

BiTurbo V8 displacing between 5.0 and 5.5 liters. This BiTurbo system is literally a little turbo spools at lower RPM to maintain boost and a larger turbo (this turbo could possibly be Twin Scroll). These two turbos will force air into A SINGLE INTAKE. The difference between the Ford GT's Ecoboost and this one will be the turbos and intake. The FGT's turbos are identical as is the plumbing/heat exchange system... they mirror each other. Each Turbo provides boost to each cylinder bank separately.

The GT500 will compound a small/large turbo combo on the same system. The boost is provided to all 8 cylinders equally BUT, turbo lag is reduced.

One or both of the turbos could be Twin Scroll.
Sponsored