Sponsored

2017-'18 GT500 & GT500KR

Stuntman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
I hear these SAME RUMORS on a daily basis on FB BUT, thePill only reports what HE feels is most logical/reasonable. Maybe the Turbo system is like the AMG 5.5 and it's a BiT system using a Twin turbo intake or maybe it is the Cobra Jet system? Or staged like an old Supra... Not sure yet... I just know 750+ is very hard with a SC and to pass emissions. I have a serious doubt the engine can support FI being over 5 liters, making 750+hp all while keeping a Flat Plane Crank.
You do relize the 5.5L AMG engine has the turbos outside the V, right?

The difference between the Ford GT's Ecoboost and this one will be the turbos and intake. The FGT's turbos are identical as is the plumbing/heat exchange system... they mirror each other. Each Turbo provides boost to each cylinder bank separately.
Only in the FGT racecar. The street car uses a single throttle body and single intake manifold.

The GT500 will compound a small/large turbo combo on the same system. The boost is provided to all 8 cylinders equally BUT, turbo lag is reduced.

One or both of the turbos could be Twin Scroll.
:headbonk:
Sponsored

OP
OP
thePill

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
You do relize the 5.5L AMG engine has the turbos outside the V, right?

Only in the FGT racecar. The street car uses a single throttle body and single intake manifold.
Please stop commenting...

You argue that there is NO DIFFERENCE yet tell me there is a difference.

Are you saying the FGT Race car uses an honest to god Twin Turbo while the production car uses a BiTurbo configuration using a Twin Turbo intake? You don't say...

65Terdlingua

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Mustang
thePill gets FB chatter then comes over here to talk about it first. I got word about the GT500 around June 27th. I came directly on here just to say "Hey, get ready"

I hear these SAME RUMORS on a daily basis on FB BUT, thePill only reports what HE feels is most logical/reasonable. Maybe the Turbo system is like the AMG 5.5 and it's a BiT system using a Twin turbo intake or maybe it is the Cobra Jet system? Or staged like an old Supra... Not sure yet... I just know 750+ is very hard with a SC and to pass emissions. I have a serious doubt the engine can support FI being over 5 liters, making 750+hp all while keeping a Flat Plane Crank.
Ok, so I just want to confirm that you get this information from people on FaceBook right? Todd15Fastback knows someone at Roush, so that seems like a little more substantial speculation. Not that whoever you know on FB couldnt also be from Roush or FP or whatever. But it is Facebook.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Ok, so I just want to confirm that you get this information from people on FaceBook right? Todd15Fastback knows someone at Roush, so that seems like a little more substantial speculation. Not that whoever you know on FB couldnt also be from Roush or FP or whatever. But it is Facebook.
:D but sources, no matter where or who they are affiliated with have been wrong in the past.
Citing Facebook as a source is probably the dumbest thing I've heard in this thread.
:lol::thumbsup:

Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Please re-read the qoute.

I did. And you still sound pathetically ignorant. To say "especially" meaning that you're encompassing ALL FPC motors. Even so, what the hell does the crank have ANYTHING to do with how the combustion happens in the cylinder chambers? Compression, overboosting, bad pistons and rods, poor timing strategies, and lugging is what kills engines, not the crank and some absurd wives tale that was formulated on the internet by 16 year old Top Gear washed "experts" not even 2 years ago after Ford announced a high displacement flat crank motor.

OP
OP
thePill

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
I did. And you still sound pathetically ignorant. To say "especially" meaning that you're encompassing ALL FPC motors. Even so, what the hell does the crank have ANYTHING to do with how the combustion happens in the cylinder chambers? Compression, overboosting, bad pistons and rods, poor timing strategies, and lugging is what kills engines, not the crank and some absurd wives tale that was formulated on the internet by 16 year old Top Gear washed "experts" not even 2 years ago after Ford announced a high displacement flat crank motor.
"Especially engines over 5 liters" means engines that are over 5 liters will be extremely fragile with forced induction.

A Flat Plane Crank over 5 liters is an incredible feat alone.

You call something "ignorant" yet you don't see the point or even try to. Why bring up two extremely exotic engines that use a very, very small displacement in order for it to be durable.

You see, a Flat plane crank creates an insane amount of vibration. What does the crank have to do with how the fuel combust in the chambers? I'm not sure why you asked that BUT, I will tell you why a crank matters here... it would be difficult for a crank to survive that vibration AND addional stress from FI.

I understand Ferrarri has 3 or 4 liter FPC turbo... you also need to understand that they typically only last for 20-30,000 miles...

Sponsored

Stuntman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
"Especially engines over 5 liters" means engines that are over 5 liters will be extremely fragile with forced induction.

You call something "ignorant" yet you don't see the point or even try to. Why bring up two extremely exotic engines that use a very, very small displacement in order for it to be durable.

You see, a Flat plane crank creates an insane amount of vibration. What does the crank have to do with how the fuel combust in the chambers? I'm not sure why you asked that BUT, I will tell you why a crank matters here... it would be difficult for a crank to survive that vibration AND addional stress from FI.

I understand Ferrarri has 3 or 4 liter FPC turbo... you also need to understand that they typically only last for 20-30,000 miles...
Who stole your account? This is the first accurate post I think i've ever seen you make. :confused:

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base

Although I do agree with you mostly, the Ferrari turbos last much longer than that. They have warranty just like our cars. It would be amazingly stupid not to engineer the engine past 80,000 miles.

OP
OP
thePill

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Although I do agree with you mostly, the Ferrari turbos last much longer than that. They have warranty just like our cars. It would be amazingly stupid not to engineer the engine past 80,000 miles.
I wish this were true... Very few Ferrari's even accumulate 30,000 mile total. The engines are built for a completely different market.

OP
OP
thePill

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Regardless, we are right back where thePill started.

BiTurbo V8, 5.0-5.5 liters, 150hp per liter, 808hp, 650tq, 10 Speed is very probable even though I'm not extremely excited for one.

$66,995

Hopefully there is time for a 2017.5. As long as 150-300 are ready to buy in April, they will be 2017's.

The Supercharged Coyote has all but disappeared from the discussion. The A10 is discussed more often and AWD has been tight lipped.

As for the zl1?

A10 is delayed... LT4 cooling is still an issue, $63,000 is probably too much for a supercharged 1Le.
Sponsored