Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I’ve been on the waitlist for a ‘21 KR slot for awhile. I got a call out of the blue today, a slot opened up and everyone on the waitlist in front of me said no. I’m 90% sure I’m going to do it; they said I could have till tomorrow to decide.
If you can afford it then might as well.
Sponsored

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I could see you doing this to a base car but not a carbon fiber track pack. I mean how are the Shelby wheels an upgrade from the carbon wheels?
He gets to keep his stock parts, he doesn’t have to continue using whatever Shelby puts on.

JUNQDAWG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILL
Vehicle(s)
2018 MUSTANG GT 5.0 10 SPEED
I’ve been on the waitlist for a ‘21 KR slot for awhile. I got a call out of the blue today, a slot opened up and everyone on the waitlist in front of me said no. I’m 90% sure I’m going to do it; they said I could have till tomorrow to decide.
Do they require a "MASSIVE DEPOSIT " up front that they "RIDE" your $$$ till they decide to build you a car ? IF SO , DO YOU MIND revealing it ? If not I understand . I am concerned "WHY" everybody ahead of you declined , or was THAT LINE a SALES PITCH " ? Don't trust car salesman at all . !!!
GOOD LUCK whatever you decide to do . ! Junqdawg

CaptDave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
'21 Grabber Yellow GT500 CFTP, '23 F150 King Ranch
I could see you doing this to a base car but not a carbon fiber track pack. I mean how are the Shelby wheels an upgrade from the carbon wheels?
He gets to keep his stock parts, he doesn’t have to continue using whatever Shelby puts on.
I would agree the Shelby wheels aren’t an upgrade over the carbon fiber ones. I confirmed I get to keep the Carbon fiber wheels when they’re done. I figure I can keep the Shelby wheels on there for everyday driving and keep the carbon ones as a second set/if I go to a car show or to the track.

Sponsored

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I would agree the Shelby wheels aren’t an upgrade over the carbon fiber ones. I confirmed I get to keep the Carbon fiber wheels when they’re done. I figure I can keep the Shelby wheels on there for everyday driving and keep the carbon ones as a second set/if I go to a car show or to the track.
You’d need some thick spacers and possibly even longer studs otherwise those wheels will be severely tucked

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
You’d need some thick spacers and possibly even longer studs otherwise those wheels will be severely tucked
Are you sure? I don't think there's a difference in the hub dimensions between the CFTP car and the regular 500. They just longer studs on to accommodate the CF offsets. The only thing he'd need is the open ended lug nuts, but the Shelby wheels should be the same offset and backspacing regardless of trim. It's just the longer studs to deal with.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Are you sure? I don't think there's a difference in the hub dimensions between the CFTP car and the regular 500. They just longer studs on to accommodate the CF offsets. The only thing he'd need is the open ended lug nuts, but the Shelby wheels should be the same offset and backspacing regardless of trim. It's just the longer studs to deal with.
I’m 100% sure. The CFTP studs are longer because the wheel hubs are thicker. That’s why you can’t put CFTP wheels on a base car without swapping out the studs for longer ones. If you mount stock wheels on a wide body car they will now be super tucked as the car is now wider.

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I’m 100% sure. The CFTP studs are longer because the wheel hubs are thicker. That’s why you can’t put CFTP wheels on a base car without swapping out the studs for longer ones. If you mount stock wheels on a wide body car they will now be super tucked as the car is now wider.
I see what you're saying. Yes, if you try to put the CF back on, they'll tuck because the Shelby wheels will have been spec'd for the wider stance.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Shelby puts longer ARP studs on the hubs so they will fit fine. They include open ended lug nuts. They also won’t be too much of a difference in offset so they will also look fine. Unless the car is a wide body, then the rear wheels would look lost.
Sponsored