2016, passenger window opening and closing by itself

17gt07

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
87 Grand Marquis, 02 gt, 07 gt, 17 gt
I wanted to follow up. After taking it to the local dealer again they finally replaced the window motor and the issue is gone. I still think it was because it was jumped unnecessarily but I can’t say for sure.
Sponsored

OP
OP
DeepImpactS550

DeepImpactS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
FWIW, one day, mine just decided to stop doing it, and it hasn't come back. Maybe water was in the connector long enough for it to fill with dirt and block the short. No idea.
The misfire at light throttle to about 2000rpm with NO CODES is now another issue. Don't want to take it to the dealer with the current viral situation, but if I wait too long, warranty will expire.

Raven_01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pablo Antonio
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost PP
Got my car in February and had the bounce issue. Yesterday I replaced the motor and the problem is solved. Total spent was 170.00. Part at Wayne Acers Ford 63.00 plus tax and mobile window repair 100.00

Quinnjere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jere
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang convertible premium
I just picked a 17 vert last week. Having the same issue. When driving it home it sounded like the window was cracked. Had some wind noise. I would suggest anyone that has this issue if you replace the window motor or are just putting dielectric grease in the connector to make sure the window is aligned so that maybe it prevents future issues.

Raven_01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pablo Antonio
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost PP
I just picked a 17 vert last week. Having the same issue. When driving it home it sounded like the window was cracked. Had some wind noise. I would suggest anyone that has this issue if you replace the window motor or are just putting dielectric grease in the connector to make sure the window is aligned so that maybe it prevents future issues.
Save the headache and replace the motor. Depending on where you are in Fl I can direct you on who to the Ford dealer I went to. It is in West Palm Beach

Sponsored

OP
OP
DeepImpactS550

DeepImpactS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
2 months later and mine still hasn't been doing the down/up cycling at all. It's just permanently stuck at the "cracked" position as if I had pulled the door handle to open the door.

It still seems to keep rain out, as it stops just above the seal, but I'm getting signs that the environment is still getting into the car.

The motor works perfectly otherwise, so I find it hard to believe it's something in the motor. Is there a sensor or something else it could be? What is it that's triggered when you pull the door handle for the window to drop down?

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
The door modules; there's a left (DDM) and right (PDM). That could be the culprit. But also the door switch. If the door is only closed to the first 'click', the window doesn't index up. That's until it's fully closed. I don't know how to test that switch. What you could do now is to reset the module via FORScan, and see if that solves your issue. If not, you need to determine which of the 2 is acting up before throwing money at new parts. Good luck.

tranceporter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 C7 Grand Sport
Save the headache and replace the motor. Depending on where you are in Fl I can direct you on who to the Ford dealer I went to. It is in West Palm Beach
How much did the dealer in West Palm charge you for the motor replacement? I'm having the same issue and I'm probably going to tackle it myself but I was just curious.

OP
OP
DeepImpactS550

DeepImpactS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
The door modules; there's a left (DDM) and right (PDM). That could be the culprit. But also the door switch. If the door is only closed to the first 'click', the window doesn't index up. That's until it's fully closed. I don't know how to test that switch. What you could do now is to reset the module via FORScan, and see if that solves your issue. If not, you need to determine which of the 2 is acting up before throwing money at new parts. Good luck.
Is that something the dealer can do (reset the module)? I looked up FORScan. It looks like I'd need a $99 adapter and paid software. Where are the door modules located? As the window motor seems to otherwise be fine, I'd lean to the door module. The door unlock (touch) part of the passenger switch also works normally.

Sorry to cross-post, but the video in this other thread I found tonight describes my problem exactly. His fix appears to be dielectric grease inside the door latch connector. I've been seeing signs that too much water is getting into that door. The little bar that slides in and out with the door, for example, had the screws and the entire plate rusted within 2 months of buying the car. Driver side is still clean, so I guess it makes sense. Maybe I have a bad door seal?
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/2018-window-randomly-moves-up-and-down-1-4-inch.143693/

Last edited:
OP
OP
DeepImpactS550

DeepImpactS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Sorry to reply twice, but I ended up buying the vLinker FD (amazon) and the Forscan Lite app from android marketplace. I checked everywhere cannot find a "DDM" or "PDM" listed as a module to reset.

Is it only available in the PC version of the software?

Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
You know, let me try with my car and see if it's there. They might not be available to reset. I want to reset mine too, and also the DSM and/or SCM-E, since my car threw a code about the seatback blower motor. Need to renew FORScan first.

OP
OP
DeepImpactS550

DeepImpactS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
You know, let me try with my car and see if it's there. They might not be available to reset. I want to reset mine too, and also the DSM and/or SCM-E, since my car threw a code about the seatback blower motor. Need to renew FORScan first.
I'm looking to sell it. Just too many problems. It's at the dealer for final service, to fix the window and diagnose a low rpm stumble/misfire.
Going 5th gen Camaro SS instead.

greggsg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gregg
Vehicle(s)
2016 Form Mustang GT Convertible with Performance Package and Manual Transmission
So I have the same problem in my 2016 GT convertible. Dealership has replaced Drivers Side motor about 6 times in the last 18 months and the door sensors once. Got the car back Tuesday after problem came back again. Mine actually drops the 1/4 inch and never goes back up. After the first replacement with the Bounce issue about 2 years ago, the One Touch Up function of the button was enabled. According to the Ford Manual Bounce back and One Touch up are only on the Coupe and not the convertible.

https://www.fordservicecontent.com/...&userMarket=USA&div=f&vFilteringEnabled=False

I bought my car new in march of 2017 and got the 7/100 ford ESP with 0 deductible and glad I did

OP
OP
DeepImpactS550

DeepImpactS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
FWIW, Mine just went into the dealer for this, out of warranty. $390 later, I drove it home without checking. Walking up the driveway, I turned around and saw the 1/4" gap.

This is like a nightmare. The car always smells musty now because, being in Florida, every time it rains, the rear floor gets wet. Only 20k miles and it's become an old beater.

greggsg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gregg
Vehicle(s)
2016 Form Mustang GT Convertible with Performance Package and Manual Transmission
FWIW, Mine just went into the dealer for this, out of warranty. $390 later, I drove it home without checking. Walking up the driveway, I turned around and saw the 1/4" gap.

This is like a nightmare. The car always smells musty now because, being in Florida, every time it rains, the rear floor gets wet. Only 20k miles and it's become an old beater.
My car is going back Monday to resolve this and radio issue. Had a meeting with the service advisor, his boss and the shop manager. Gave them copies from this thread and the other ones relating to the radio. Car has been on over a dozen times for these two issues in the last 18 months. They fix the window, works for a couple of days and then down 1/4 inch. Sometimes a little bouncing.

You need to go back to the dealer and have them make it right.
Sponsored