Sponsored

2016, passenger window opening and closing by itself

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase
Mine just started doing this as well, randomly indexing up and down like the door's trying to open. Only does it on the passenger side. @DeepImpactS550 did you figure out what the problem was? I tried the re-indexing but it just started doing it again after I key cycled the car.
Sponsored

OP
OP
DeepImpactS550

DeepImpactS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Mine just started doing this as well, randomly indexing up and down like the door's trying to open. Only does it on the passenger side. @DeepImpactS550 did you figure out what the problem was? I tried the re-indexing but it just started doing it again after I key cycled the car.
Nope, Unfortunately I haven't been able to solve it. Other things kept getting in the way, and I never had a chance to take to to the dealer. I believe my main warranty has expired, and all that's left now is the powertrain.

The only solution that sort-of worked is leaving the window cracked past the point where it triggers the problem. Unfortunately if I don't get it perfect, rain gets down inside the door. I have tried removing random fuses to disable the window, but haven't had any luck.

If you still have warranty left and you take yours to the dealer, please let me know what they say. I'm thinking it's either some kind of relay issue, or people have said water somehow gets into the connector of the motor. But even after nearly a month of no rain, it still happens. I really don't want to remove the door panel on such a new car. My track record in the past has always left something broken or missing.

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™m out of warranty but I have one of those aftermarket service contracts on the car. Looks like I could replace the motor for $65, but if that doesnā€™t work...? $75 deductible and the dealer can figure it out.

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase
Verified by the dealer itā€™s a short in the window motor. Part is in national backorder but they should replace it Monday.

Jo3f1sh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Mine did the same thing, and I had the dealer order a new motor for it before I brought it in. Turns out, the wiring harness plug wasn't fully seated / secured in the motor plug, causing it to flip out at random times, even with the car locked and armed. Now that it's fully seated, I haven't had a single issue in months.

Since the dealer verified yours was actually the motor, that doesn't apply to you, but might be something to check first for anyone else having this issue before taking it in to the dealer.

Sponsored

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase
Mine did the same thing, and I had the dealer order a new motor for it before I brought it in. Turns out, the wiring harness plug wasn't fully seated / secured in the motor plug, causing it to flip out at random times, even with the car locked and armed. Now that it's fully seated, I haven't had a single issue in months.

Since the dealer verified yours was actually the motor, that doesn't apply to you, but might be something to check first for anyone else having this issue before taking it in to the dealer.
Apparently they performed a resistance check on mine and it was out. My car has now been at the dealer for 3 days for something that would've taken me 30 minutes to do myself (warranty). First day they just didn't get to it. Second day they installed the new motor and the resistance values were still off so they had to find another one. Hopefully 3rd day's the charm.

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase
Car's back, everything works as it should. All in the window motor.

RaceRedGT10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT 5.0
I've had both window motors replaced due to this issue. Was going smoothly for a couple of years until recently it's happening on the driver's side. Hopefully third times the charm. Just going to have the dealer to replace it. I attempted to remove the door panel, just wasn't working out.

Gtrtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Magnetic
I had this problem back in March , on the repair bill has it as a bad pin fit on the window motor.

jhenley17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 F-150
Are these motors a special design or are there possibly higher quality replacements? I started having this problem on my ā€˜17 about a month ago on the driverā€™s side. I might try to dry out the connection and possibly replace the connector with a waterproof connector before buying parts, but if I have to buy a motor, Iā€™m sure Ford figured the window motors were a good place to save a few dollars.

Sponsored

HotBadgerFart

"Is it dead?"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I've been dealing with this for almost a year. I tried the re-index procedure, batteyr disconnect, etc. So glad I finally found this thread, hopefully I can get in the door panel this weekend and check out the connector.

17gt07

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
87 Grand Marquis, 02 gt, 07 gt, 17 gt
Sorry to bump an old thread but my 17 gt started doing the same thing after it was jumped by a local dealer. The battery wasnt even dead but thats another story... anyway since then its been short dropping randomly and its annoying the hell out of me. The dealer is dragging their feet and I just want it fixed. That being said, do you guys think it would be covered under the extended warranty if it is water in the connector?

HotBadgerFart

"Is it dead?"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry to bump an old thread but my 17 gt started doing the same thing after it was jumped by a local dealer. The battery wasnt even dead but thats another story... anyway since then its been short dropping randomly and its annoying the hell out of me. The dealer is dragging their feet and I just want it fixed. That being said, do you guys think it would be covered under the extended warranty if it is water in the connector?
That's actually what started mine acting up, jump starting my kids car. That's the only reason I haven't jumped at the idea of replacing a connector.

17gt07

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
87 Grand Marquis, 02 gt, 07 gt, 17 gt
That's actually what started mine acting up, jump starting my kids car. That's the only reason I haven't jumped at the idea of replacing a connector.
Thats a weird coincidence. I wonder how theyre connected. I havent been able to find a schematic or ecu pinout because I have a feeling the answer is in there somewhere. Also mine is a performance pack so I have hood breathers and one is right over the ecu connector. I wonder if thats another issue.

TechGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Convertible - Magnetic
Guys, I had a feeling that moisture/water got down on the motor or its connections. When I took it apart, I did indeed have a lot of water in the connector to the motor. I think I could have gotten away with just clearing out the water and water-proofing it, but since I had a new motor anyway, I went ahead and installed the new motor and water-proofed the connector. All is good, but if you have the opportunity to check for moisture in your connector before buying a brand new motor, then do it and save some money. Hope this helps someone.
My '16 GT started doing this around the middle of this year, also only on the passenger side. I found this thread and after reading through it, decided to open the connector and apply some dielectric grease to the contacts. The indexing never recurred, so I'm calling it fixed. There was no visible moisture in my connector, so simply unplugging and re-seating it could just as likely have been the fix... but since I was opening it to find out, I figured I'd waterproof it anyway. My 2c.
Sponsored