Need help deciding on which Mustang to buy

moodywizard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lyle
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP1
I have found a 2015 GT with Performance pkg, ford racing stage 2 performance package (CAI and TB), Ford racing exhaust, GT350 Steering wheel, ford racing performance springs and koni struts and shocks. Has Cloth Recaro seats and non premium model. Aftermarket tires and wheels, Has 22K miles. Silver.

I found a 2016 GT with performance pkg, stock with premium (leather seats). Has 36K miles. Gray.

Which should I go for? The 2015 upgrades are all things I would probably install eventually. Is it possible to upgrade the 2015 with premium radio and leather seats ? I see the leather seats for sale on ebay and radio thread on here which looks like it is possible, but what about the heat/cool portion?
Sponsored

catchthecarp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Platinum Premium GT
You'll know which is the "one" after you have driven them.....

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
I have to agree...you need to drive both

choate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10 401A with Active Exhaust
I wouldn't bother with trying to "swap" things to make it a premium model. Sounds like that's what you like is the nicer interior and features. You can add the performance stuff later MUCH easier than the interior stuff. just saying. me personally I like the premium mustang cars. I'd have to start there. sounds like that's what you like too

Sponsored

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
2016 also gives you turn signals in the heat extractors + Sync 3 over MyFordTouch... I’d go 2016 and get the Ford power pack 2 + GT350 steering wheel down the road.

choate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 also gives you turn signals in the heat extractors + Sync 3 over MyFordTouch... I’d go 2016 and get the Ford power pack 2 + GT350 steering wheel down the road.
is the turn signal thing in the cali specials only or all 2016? pretty sure it's only the cali's. and IMO Sync in any fashion is TERRIBLE. i've had it in two vehicles. it's useless. Navigation Desination. Where to in a city or nearby? Nearby. Ok where to. Boomer Jacks! (5 min from my house). Choose from the following and say yes or no. Pulls stuff up from North Carolina and New England etc! I'm not joking. Even tho I said near by. It does not speak my language. Maybe that is a topic for another thread. Anyways, go for the Premium model man

choate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'''moodyWizard" is probably too busy playing World of War Craft to read this right now though so'll we'll await his response when he gets out of bed tomm around 9pm to his thoughts.........

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
is the turn signal thing in the cali specials only or all 2016? pretty sure it's only the cali's. and IMO Sync in any fashion is TERRIBLE. i've had it in two vehicles. it's useless. Navigation Desination. Where to in a city or nearby? Nearby. Ok where to. Boomer Jacks! (5 min from my house). Choose from the following and say yes or no. Pulls stuff up from North Carolina and New England etc! I'm not joking. Even tho I said near by. It does not speak my language. Maybe that is a topic for another thread. Anyways, go for the Premium model man
The hood vent turn signal is in all 2016 GTs. Sync 3 is the entire infotainment operating system, not the navigation, and is literally one of, if not the best, on the market. It also supports Apple Carplay/Android Auto if you upgrade the usb.
What two cars (and model year) did you own that you think had Sync 3?

Last edited:

fast88fox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT Premium PP
All 2016's have the turn signal's in the hood vents. My 2016 also came with Sync 2 and not 3 but it can be upgraded if you want. I want to say all you have to do is buy a different usb port and flash it with a software upgrade.

Personally I would rather buy the premium 2016 and upgrade later to be exactly what you want. IE...you may decide you like other wheels better or want a coil-over system to control ride height rather than what is already on the 2015 modded one.

Sponsored

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All 2016's have the turn signal's in the hood vents. My 2016 also came with Sync 2 and not 3 but it can be upgraded if you want. I want to say all you have to do is buy a different usb port and flash it with a software upgrade.

Personally I would rather buy the premium 2016 and upgrade later to be exactly what you want. IE...you may decide you like other wheels better or want a coil-over system to control ride height rather than what is already on the 2015 modded one.
All 2016s have Sync3, it was the only tangible change from 2015 to 2016 MY. Not all 2016s have apple car play (though, all can be updated to use it: apple car play =/= sync3). All 2015s have MyFordTouch which is basically gen2 MS Sync and has no relationship to Sync3 outside of name.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
What is the asking price of each?

Asking because IF the asking prices are not too far off from a 2017 (if you’re stuck on the front end look) or even a 2018/19 (if you like the redesign), then I’d skip over the 2015 and 2016... more bang for the buck plus even newer vehicle for nearly same coin...

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
Personally I like having the Premium setup because it's more difficult, if not impossible, to add this stuff later.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Can prob buy a 2018 base GT for a few grand more than either.

choate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The hood vent turn signal is in all 2016 GTs. Sync 3 is the entire infotainment operating system, not the navigation, and is literally one of, if not the best, on the market. It also supports Apple Carplay/Android Auto if you upgrade the usb.
What two cars (and model year) did you own that you think had Sync 3?
It probably didn't have Sync 3. A 2012 Mustang GT premium and a 2013 Fusion Titanium. The voice commands are what really p1ss me off. I guess I speak a little too country for it or something. It's never even close to what I say and I feel like a talk like a normal person from the Midwest
Sponsored