Sponsored

2015 Mustang GT vs. @ 2016 Mustang GT

lazarus870

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
When my salesgirl was showing me how to use the navigation and sync and stuff, she was like, "Wow this is a LOT faster than the old sync"

I bought this car because i wanted one as a kid so things like the hood blinkers, while a novelty, make me happy.
Sponsored

dev1360

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2016 S550
Bought my 16 premium PP a month ago. Looked at 15s searching for a better price. They were the exact same price. So I jumped for the 16 based on the praise for Sync 3.

YMMV

Knight5.0

Project Lightning
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium, PP, 401A
Another thing that may or may not matter to you: they deleted the aux in jack for 2016. Personally I think this was a really foolish cost saving measure that could directly detract value for certain customers.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I hadn't even noticed this in my 2016 and sync 3 is a lot better than MFT in the 15 in my opinion. It is a lot more responsive and quicker. I like the home screen better as well and it having wifi updates so I don't have to return to the dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

coolcamden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT. Black. CS. 6A. 401A
And to me, the PP wheels look a lot better on this car than the CS wheels. Everyone has their own tastes. I just think the PP wheels convey 'fast', 'taut' and 'refined' more than any of the other wheels.
CS wheels have the machined face look and in real life look very well, standing or moving. That being said, I switched to staggered Vossens, and although I love the new look, I would not hestitate to go back to the CS wheels at all.

DJinAC

More cars than brains
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DJ
Vehicle(s)
2017 Super Black Nissan Altima SL
I have a 15 Premium with Sync 2 and my wife just got an escape titanium with Sync 3. Sync 3 is faster and the interface is would take some getting used to for me coming from Sync 2. I agree about the stock "Shaker Audio" the Sony system in the Escape is far superior to the Shaker system. I don't know what kind of incentives they have available on either model year. Like others have said which ever one you choose you will love it. Good luck!!

Sponsored

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I have a 15 Premium with Sync 2 and my wife just got an escape titanium with Sync 3. Sync 3 is faster and the interface is would take some getting used to for me coming from Sync 2. I agree about the stock "Shaker Audio" the Sony system in the Escape is far superior to the Shaker system. I don't know what kind of incentives they have available on either model year. Like others have said which ever one you choose you will love it. Good luck!!
That's so funny... We bought a 15 Escape Titanium in April and a 16 Mustang Premium last month lol. I totally agree with your points, too. Sync 3 is worlds better than Sync 2, significantly faster. +1 on the audio too, her Sony system IS better.

stangbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
'16 is numerically higher so its obviously better.

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
The turn signals in the 2016 hood sound cool on paper but in real life are, IMO, a waste. The other poster had a tongue-in-cheek comment, but there is a smaller aperture for heat to be dissipated than before because of the lights. Also, the driver can't even see the right turn signal light due to the weird longitudinal ridges that run up the hood surface. (If Ford needs a cost saving idea, they shouldn't even wire the right side turn signal because the driver will never know that the light doesn't work.....my attempt at humor. Sorry. It's been a long week....) I can't think of one time, other than the first night drive, that I saw the LEFT turn signal blinking on the hood and thought, how cool. You don't even notice it after a very short while, so what is the point, Ford??!! Lastly, you CAN'T even see the hood light during daylight hours. Enough about the dumbass turn signals. (I am guessing that no engineer at Ford thought up the 2016 hood turn signals.)

Me thinks you might not like them?
Why you ask, cause they look COOL, they are a retro nod
http://jalopnik.com/the-2016-mustang-gt-will-bring-back-long-lost-turn-sign-1703201397
its another thing to make the Mustang 2016 a bit special

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
definitely a good looking car. .
Yea as soon as i saw the CS it looked very special, made my mind up to go back to the Lefty

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
The CS is okay I guess. But I can't stand the ridiculously over-sized antenna.
16 california special /thread. I think it really distinguishes the car from every other mustang on the road. I have people tell me all the time they have never liked mustangs but mine is beautiful. Makes it look special like a gt350 (obviously not the same level) and that is important to me. again, subjective.

Sponsored

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
The turn signals in the 2016 hood sound cool on paper but in real life are, IMO, a waste. The other poster had a tongue-in-cheek comment, but there is a smaller aperture for heat to be dissipated than before because of the lights. Also, the driver can't even see the right turn signal light due to the weird longitudinal ridges that run up the hood surface. (If Ford needs a cost saving idea, they shouldn't even wire the right side turn signal because the driver will never know that the light doesn't work.....my attempt at humor. Sorry. It's been a long week....) I can't think of one time, other than the first night drive, that I saw the LEFT turn signal blinking on the hood and thought, how cool. You don't even notice it after a very short while, so what is the point, Ford??!! Lastly, you CAN'T even see the hood light during daylight hours. Enough about the dumbass turn signals. (I am guessing that no engineer at Ford thought up the 2016 hood turn signals.)

Me thinks you might not like them?
Why you ask, cause they look COOL, they are a retro nod
http://jalopnik.com/the-2016-mustang-gt-will-bring-back-long-lost-turn-sign-1703201397
its another thing to make the Mustang 2016 a bit special
I got the hood vent turn signals for my 15'. There neat but i also got them so when driving with the dash cam they show if i have my turn signals on or not while taking a turn. Good info in case i ever need to show proof via video that i used them or not.

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
On pins and needles for the 16 vs. 17 thread!:D

2011mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 mustang 2016 mustang eco premium
Another thing that may or may not matter to you: they deleted the aux in jack for 2016. Personally I think this was a really foolish cost saving measure that could directly detract value for certain customers.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
The AUX cable is kind of useless considering you have a usb port in the car. The usb is just a better version of the aux cable. You can charge you phone using it and change music using the infotainment screen should you choose to.
Sponsored