2015 Mustang GT Water leaking in CAI

stockyote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lucas
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
So basically whenever it storms or I drive through rain water leaks from vent in hood to cai. Eventually resulting in messing with the MAF sensor causing the car to be un drivable until sensor I dry out the intake and clean the iat sensor. I have Airaid Cai and I do have the hood blanket removed. I know other people that run that same setup and don’t have the same issues i’m running into. Any suggestions on how to better counteract this or fixes?
Sponsored

Last edited:

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Vent in hood?

May haps you can share what you mean by that? Maybe a picture or something.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
You are supposed to have a plate that bolts on the underside of the hood to direct water away from vital parts. the plate still allows air to flow but stops water

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Not sure if you've modified the pad/isolator on the opposite side of the hood, like Jaxson mentioned above, but depending on how much water is entering, you can try these intake filter hydro shields if you haven't heard of them before:

Screenshot_2021-05-02 Injen_Hydroshield_installed_821365c3-76eb-4822-9ece-afe20dd34037 jpg (WE...png

aem-hydroshield-for-sport-air-filters.jpg

They're not going to prevent injestion of an instantaneous dump of water, but the micro netting prevents a some amount for cars that see rain and weather, adding a slight layer of security. You just have to find the right size for your filter, at the various brands that sell them.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
So basically whenever it storms or I drive through rain water leaks from vent in hood to cai. Eventually resulting in messing with the IAT sensor causing the car to be un drivable until sensor I dry out the intake and clean the iat sensor. I have Airaid Cai and I do have the hood blanket removed. I know other people that run that same setup and don’t have the same issues i’m running into. Any suggestions on how to better counteract this or fixes?
Doesn't the Airaid CAI have a plexi cover on it - as most I’ve seen do... ?.

moses19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Moses
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP
I would imagine it is because you removed your hood blanket. I run the PP2 with the Shelby CAI and have zero problems over almost 2 yrs

OP
OP

stockyote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lucas
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Doesn't the Airaid CAI have a plexi cover on it - as most I’ve seen do... ?.
Yes but i use it without the cover. I prefer own air box and the looks of the box with the cover is ugly imo. But people run open air box jlts all the time and have no problem with water getting into intake enough to where it throws the MAF sensor and have to end up drying the whole air box/ sensor out every time it rains lol. I might end up just switching to JLT as their gains are consistently better than air raid and I haven’t heard any issues with water and the JLT

OP
OP

stockyote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lucas
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Not sure if you've modified the pad/isolator on the opposite side of the hood, like Jaxson mentioned above, but depending on how much water is entering, you can try these intake filter hydro shields if you haven't heard of them before:

Screenshot_2021-05-02 Injen_Hydroshield_installed_821365c3-76eb-4822-9ece-afe20dd34037 jpg (WE...png

aem-hydroshield-for-sport-air-filters.jpg

They're not going to prevent injestion of an instantaneous dump of water, but the micro netting prevents a some amount for cars that see rain and weather, adding a slight layer of security. You just have to find the right size for your filter, at the various brands that sell them.
Thank you! This could help i’ve seen threads of people putting actually metal shields over the airbox and it looks so awful. Thanks for the help hopefully this works!
Sponsored