2015+ Mustang Audio Setup ???'s

OF5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2022 Shelby GT500 CFTP
Yes, that was your last recommendation. But I compared both the DFO2 and the Alpine (both harnesses) and it seems I was going to have to do surgery on the Hextall harness either way (even if I didn't run any of it. Either Hextall gave me the wrong harness or both the Alpine and DFO2 are wrong.)

I've located the wiring diagrams.

The hextall harness has 12 wires. The Alpine harness (receiver) has more, but I'm assuming some of them are joined in the connector because they're "spare" channels on the RCAs.

I'll try to attach some photos.

Also, you mentioned crossovers before. The rear speakers I purchased are coaxial, so they have a range of 100-20k, so am I correct in assuming I don't need a crossover or filter (and the internal capacitor can either handle it or we could tune it out with the DSR1). The front as you pointed out does run parellel, like a Y, but other threads indicate it has no crossover, just a 4uf capacitor and the base filter was done by the OE amp. Do I need to add a crossover? The powerbase are supposed to be plug and play and didn't come with a crossover.

I know this is all irritating. I'm a smart guy, but this stuff is way out of my comfort zone. Thanks for your help and your time, I know you have better shit to do than explain this on forums.

audio03.jpg

audio06.jpg
Contact Hextall via email/phone. Explain what you are trying to do. I am sure that you are not the first to attempt this kind of upgrade. Hextall should be able to give you the connector diagram. The Alpine harness *should* be conventionally color-coded, so you will know what wires from the Hextall harness to connect to either the dFO2 or Alpine harness.

Regarding crossovers, you will need them. A simple capacitor is a 6-dB filter. The Alpine amp is only a 4-channel amplifier, so passive crossovers are needed to run 8 speakers (4 woofers and 4 tweeters). More than likely, the Powerbass speakers have the filters attached to the speaker or a small external crossover box was provided.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Angrey

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Contact Hextall via email/phone. Explain what you are trying to do. I am sure that you are not the first to attempt this kind of upgrade. Hextall should be able to give you the connector diagram. The Alpine harness *should* be conventionally color-coded, so you will know what wires from the Hextall harness to connect to either the dFO2 or Alpine harness.

Regarding crossovers, you will need them. A simple capacitor is a 6-dB filter. The Alpine amp is only a 4-channel amplifier, so passive crossovers are needed to run 8 speakers (4 woofers and 4 tweeters). More than likely, the Powerbass speakers have the filters attached to the speaker or a small external crossover box was provided.
No crossovers with the PB components. I guess they're assuming it's relying on the OEM system.

I purchased 2 sets of in line passive crossovers. 0-85 for the door speakers (which are rated at 70-20k) and 0-2.8k for the tweeters (the PB tweeters are 3k-20k, but I couldn't find any 3k hipass crossovers that are in line/passive. I'll either have to hope the 2k hertz under doesn't fry them or we can adjust with the DSR-1).

As far as hextall goes, it's very difficult (not very responsive) so I'll try. I'll probably take a month I'll just try to slug through it myself.

OP
OP
Angrey

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350

I think I'm in the home stretch.

The hextall harness works, I guess I wasn't realizing the APIM has nothing to do with the Alpine or DFO2 harnesses. They both connect to the audio module.

I have to splice in the 4 channel pairs to get the DFO2 configured the same as the Alpine. Very straight forward as both are colored the same.

The last part is swapping the "turn on" trigger. From the photo it looks like it's the yellow leg for vehicle power, the black leg for ground and the white (which is front left positive). If I cut it and splice to those wires on the DFO2 harness that should replicate the signal for the Alpine harness yes?
20220813_125528.jpg

WavnAtCha

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howie
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang EcoBoost Premium High Performance Package Outlaw #028
Vehicle Showcase
I am looking for a sub box for my 2020 convertible. It did not come with the sub box in the trunk. I can find them for the fastback, but I'm not sure it will work (size/shape) in a convertible. Please send suggestions as to where I might find this item or let me know if the fastback version will fit nicely in a convertible.
Any ideas?

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
If the B&O system was available for your car, then the stock subwoofer enclosure would fit, I would think.
Sponsored