Sponsored

2015 GT accident

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Glad everyone is ok. That's most important.

How fast were you going and what was the temperature? I am starting to really doubt the stock GT PP tires in anything other than warm dry weather.

SlimReaper

SlimReaper
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brien
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Race Red
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry to see this man. I got into an accident about a week ago myself. These cars are built freaking tough, so it shouldn't be totaled. I got T-boned by an old man and no serious damage was done. Hope you get it back soon.

IndustryLeech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP, 2012 V6 'vert, '70 VW Bug, '01 Disco 2

How fast were you going and what was the temperature? I am starting to really doubt the stock GT PP tires in anything other than warm dry weather.
I put all seasons on my GT PP and the difference is night-and-day. It now takes effort to kicks the rear end around on a corner. Before it happened if I gave the throttle any input.

MELLOWYELLOW06

MELLOW 2.0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY GT PP
Glad you are ok to post about this. That is the most important thing. Material things can be replaced, not you brother.

It should buff out though.

Sponsored

Jason Richardson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Sorry to see this. Very sad for such a new one. I'm starting to wonder if its a good idea to send all these performance pack cars with summer z tires out in the middle of winter. Those tires are not designed to be used in this season.

Codog23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Very glad you are ok. Cars are just things and can be replaced. Can I ask, did you have the car in rain/snow mode and how fast were you going? And again, all that really matters is that no one got hurt!

MagneticMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Glad you're OK. Noticing the two tone roof and hood vents, custom job?

Phlyguy

International SAR Pilot
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Mustang GT with Recaro Seats

My thoughts exactly! Wondering if the stock Pirellis on the GT (which are rated as "summer" only tires) have a specific temperature range where their effectiveness degrades and how rapid is the decay? Right now in my neck of the woods, driving it is out of the question on the current rubber (Pirelli guide did not get specific enough or give any information with regards to outside ambient conditions to come to any appreciable temperature or road condition range gate)

Sponsored

SWLA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stock Pirellis suck in the cold temps this has been known for awhile now.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Sorry to hear about your loss. I'm glad you're ok.

I agree the car looks totaled. The unibody is bent fairly severely. There's usually a lot more hidden damage that can't easily be seen. I will be interested to know what it would take to fix it.