Sponsored

2015 EB 6mt vs Golf GTI

Nazgul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 15 GT PP
Im aware of what they are doing. I just haven't bothered to see what the net torque is. In my opinion they arent a threat. They are not fast stock, they are not fast modded. A stock gt is not fast either. No where close. A lot faster then a stock gti and golf r but thats it. Im not impressed with it nor the golf r.
What does impress you? The current R is running 11s on a tune only. For a 2 liter 4 Cylinder motor that's very impressive.
Sponsored

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
What does impress you? The current R is running 11s on a tune only. For a 2 liter 4 Cylinder motor that's very impressive.
You missed my edit. mustangs can run 11s stock on radials. Whats your point? Evos running 10s on stock turbos is impressive. Sts making 1000whp on closed decks are impressive. Sti running 10s on stock turbo is impressive ( while not the norm for an sti like it is for an evo). The r is a neat car and i like them. But its not an impressive car. :shrug:

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'07 A4, '19 Ram Rebel
You missed my edit. mustangs can run 11s stock on radials. Whats your point? Evos running 10s on stock turbos is impressive. Sts making 1000whp on closed decks are impressive. Sti running 10s on stock turbo is impressive ( while not the norm for an sti like it is for an evo). The r is a neat car and i like them. But its not an impressive car. :shrug:
And soon, the FoRS will further outshine them

Nazgul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 15 GT PP
I believe there has been slick or radial R's that have cracked 10.99. Tune only evo/sti's aren't running 10s. You're also taking about platforms that have been out for decades. Give the R a year or two more. With downpipes and other basics bolts with radials they will also run 10s. I'm a car guy not a mustang guy or vw guy. I respect all fast cars. Personally I'm impressed by a car that does a 11 second pass after previously putting out 29x hp and running 13s. They are trapping 114-117 mph. That's a quick car.

Sponsored

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
I believe there has been slick or radial R's that have cracked 10.99. Tune only evo/sti's aren't running 10s. You're also taking about platforms that have been out for decades. Give the R a year or two more. With downpipes and other basics bolts with radials they will also run 10s. I'm a car guy not a mustang guy or vw guy. I respect all fast cars. Personally I'm impressed by a car that does a 11 second pass after previously putting out 29x hp and running 13s. They are trapping 114-117 mph. That's a quick car.
I didnt say tune only. You limited it to that. The r will never be superior to the sti or evo. When an r running 10s on a stock turbo, is wide spread news, ill be impressed. Quick is a subjective term, to me its slow as shit. i just have a difference of what is fast and what is impressive. Btw 10s isnt fast to me either. Is quick but it isnt fast. :)

Btw it wasnt a stock turbo.
http://m.autoevolution.com/worlds-f...ar-on-stock-engine-internals-video-90537.html

Nazgul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 15 GT PP
Yeah quick/fast is subjective in the eye of the beholder. 9/10 people have never been in and never will be in a 10 second car. If we try to set a standard to "fast" anything in the 10s is stupid fast. Most supercars run a 10.xx to a low 11. Unequivocally that is a fast car. It may not be fast to you if you have a drag car running lower than a 10. Most people would shit themselves if they rode in a 10 second car (especially a rwd one that can be loose).

The reason I compared sti/evo/R as tune only cuz it's not fair to try and base a tune only car vs a tune/bolt car.

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
The problem with the VW is the same thing that has plagued the brand for years, lack of interest resulting in a weaker aftermarket. It is just too expensive to get a high horsepower (newer) VW built. I don't think we will ever see the R running more impressive times because the owners never really seem interested in doing it. Pretty much have to go with a MKIII VR6 to make a fast VW.

Nazgul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 15 GT PP
The real issue for vw is most are fwd. High hp in a fwd is a futile venture. The aftermarket for vw/audi is actually pretty big. Many companies make kits for 400whp cars, issue is all you do is spin tires at that point.

Also, the motors were never designed for high hp so lots of guys have to rebuild their motors to make anything higher than 400hp. Fortunately vw/audi is using forged internals more now. Vw/audi/evos aren't like a gt, once u hit 4/500 hp you have to start building motors.

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
The real issue for vw is most are fwd. High hp in a fwd is a futile venture. The aftermarket for vw/audi is actually pretty big. Many companies make kits for 400whp cars, issue is all you do is spin tires at that point.

Also, the motors were never designed for high hp so lots of guys have to rebuild their motors to make anything higher than 400hp. Fortunately vw/audi is using forged internals more now. Vw/audi/evos aren't like a gt, once u hit 4/500 hp you have to start building motors.
That's what I am saying. A simple 3076 will get you 400whp on a 2.0T, but after that there are a lot of other issues. If that is all you want then it is a good platform. The interest really isn't there for anything more. I've been into the VW scene for years and love them. I was going to get a MK7 but decided on the EB instead.

Sponsored

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Yeah quick/fast is subjective in the eye of the beholder. 9/10 people have never been in and never will be in a 10 second car. If we try to set a standard to "fast" anything in the 10s is stupid fast. Most supercars run a 10.xx to a low 11. Unequivocally that is a fast car. It may not be fast to you if you have a drag car running lower than a 10. Most people would shit themselves if they rode in a 10 second car (especially a rwd one that can be loose).

The reason I compared sti/evo/R as tune only cuz it's not fair to try and base a tune only car vs a tune/bolt car.
most super cars arent all that impressive in straight line speed. Im not trying to set any standard. 10s to me is like playing around in a 13 second car for most. Its fun but its slow (10s being fun for me not 13s). I generally always build 8-9 second cars street hustling cars. The end potential of the r or gti will not be as good as the sti or Evo. Stock turbo or upgraded. It doesn't compare. you will spend more for power out of a vw over either sti or evo. Nothing like spending more for slower. Id rather play with a honda then a vw. Thats saying something:lol: maybe to the people you hang around 10 is crazy fast. the people i hang out with find 10s slow. The majority of people on yellowbullet, the forum i post on the most would laugh hysterically at 10s. 9s is slow to them. they are all about 6-7s and low 8 second cars.

Last edited:

Nazgul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 15 GT PP
most super cars arent all that impressive in straight line speed. Im not trying to set any standard. 10s to me is like playing around in a 13 second car for most. Its fun but its slow (10s being fun for me not 13s). I generally always build 8-9 second cars street hustling cars. The end potential of the r or gti will not be as good as the sti or Evo. Stock turbo or upgraded. It doesn't compare. you will spend more for power out of a vw over either sti or evo. Nothing like spending more for slower. Id rather play with a honda then a vw. Thats saying something:lol:
Again you're not normal. Any factory car doing 10s is impressive to 99% of people. Car culture doesnt make sense. You couldn't give me a 9 second Honda I would like, but I would drive a 13 second gti all day. That's the great thing about cars, to each their own. And trucks! Don't get me started on trucks, I just don't get the hype about them.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Again you're not normal. Any factory car doing 10s is impressive to 99% of people. Car culture doesnt make sense. You couldn't give me a 9 second Honda I would like, but I would drive a 13 second gti all day. That's the great thing about cars, to each their own. And trucks! Don't get me started on trucks, I just don't get the hype about them.
define normal for us. :cheers: you missed my edit again.

Nazgul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 15 GT PP
Normal would be Joe and Jane that drive a pathfinder and a corvette on the weekends.