Sponsored

2015+ Catless Droneless Exaust Setup? (Stock Headers)

blue5.slow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base, M/T
I currently am running MAK Performance cat deletes and a Ford Performance by Borla sport cat back (x pipe and Borla sport axle back). Its a little bit quieter than an x pipe and muffler delete but I want it louder. With my setup now, I have no drone and would like to keep it that way, or at least minimize it. I've been looking for loud setups like the Corsa Xtreme cat back or the Borla Atak cat back, but they're pretty pricey. I have been considering the Roush axle back but I don't know if it will drone or not. A little drone is fine, I used to run an x pipe and muffler delete and highway drives were bearable. Any suggestions and opinions would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

Last edited:

CoolRod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
I currently am running MAK Performance cat deletes and a Ford Performance by Borla Touring cat back (x pipe and Borla touring axle back). Its a little bit quieter than an x pipe and muffler delete but I want it louder. With my setup now, I have no drone and would like to keep it that way, or at least minimize it. I've been looking for loud setups like the Corsa Xtreme cat back or the Borla Atak cat back, but they're pretty pricey. I have been considering the Roush axle back but I don't know if it will drone or not. A little drone is fine, I used to run an x pipe and muffler delete and highway drives were bearable. Any suggestions and opinions would be greatly appreciated.
Roush or AWE are two other brands to consider that makes great exhausts with no drone. We sell them here at www.lethalperformance.com. Please give me a shout if you have any questions.

OP
OP
blue5.slow

blue5.slow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

Jordan @ Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Stingray M7
Ultimately, increasing volume and keeping drone out can get tricky. Putting headers on it will increase the sound which could influence drone. Putting on aftermarket resonators will help with added drone but at the expense of decibels. It's a bit of a potential catch 22 but I'd start with long tubes.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Ultimately, increasing volume and keeping drone out can get tricky. Putting headers on it will increase the sound which could influence drone. Putting on aftermarket resonators will help with added drone but at the expense of decibels. It's a bit of a potential catch 22 but I'd start with long tubes.
Honest answer. ^^ can't have one without the other

OP
OP
blue5.slow

blue5.slow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
Trying to avoid voiding my warranty, and with LTH I’d need a tune which voids it

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Me. feline delete. suitcase delete, SLP Loudmouth II axle backs. Zero drone.

Jordan @ Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Stingray M7
Trying to avoid voiding my warranty, and with LTH I’d need a tune which voids it
Ah understandable. I just assumed you were since you had the catless pipes. I know those ones only “recommend” a tune but I’m curious, how well does the car run without? Any codes?

OP
OP
blue5.slow

blue5.slow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
Ah understandable. I just assumed you were since you had the catless pipes. I know those ones only “recommend” a tune but I’m curious, how well does the car run without? Any codes?
Runs fine, noticeable high end gains. Now I spin in high RPMs in 2nd gear. Check engine light didn't show up until 3 weeks after I took them out. Lost 1 mpg due to the engine dumping fuel into the exhaust to cool the nonexistent cats. Shoots decent flames though. Kept my cats in case the engine kills itself so I'll weld them back in. The only downside I had to the cat deletes was the massive drone I had when it was completely straight piped (which is not surprising at all), and the smell when idling in traffic with the windows down.
Sponsored