2015-2016 Tech Pack and Base GT350 Cooler Solution Discussion

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
How many times do we have to go down this road?

[ame]
Sponsored

Ctease

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Can you tell me what the "track mode" on my car is for, since it can't be tracked.... Hell for that matter why bother with the big ass brakes, the awesome suspension, or the high reving, high horsepower 5.2 Voodoo..... shoulda just slapped some stripes and badges on it.

I think the thing you guys are missing here is that some of us, like me, have no intentions of tracking our cars but I sure would think if I showed up somewhere at an open track day that my "Sophisticated Performer" could run a few laps without having an issue. Yea, I wouldn't expect to be able to run it like we do the cars at the Track Attack but seriously, couldn't even run a few laps????

I don't know why I bother posting here. Someone will just come on and tell me I'm wrong or whining about the situation even though I have made it very clear I'll be fixing mine......
You sound very reasonable so I hope you don't take this the wrong way but it's honestly not my intention for upset you.

Ford says not to use track mode on public road. Also says only track pack & R models are capable of track or high speed. Then recommends non-track pack/ non-R models be upgraded if high speed or track driving. (Not me saying this... it's Ford) So yes it can be a little confusing but it's just a style of giving people limits and avoiding giving permission.

Non-track pack/Non-R cars are basically badges & stripes for people who wanted badges, stripes and dreams of owning a collectible but didn't want to pay extra for trans & diff cooler. Same could be said for my car; I don't have carbon rims or carbon spoiler. Ford put too much faith in the consumer. They gave people too many options.

If your car overheats in 60 degree weather during normal driving. Then you should have one of the dealership managers drive with you till it overheats again.

You could attend a track day and feel safe knowing limp mode protects your car from excessive wear & tear and/or damage. I've literally blown-up dozens of engines, transmissions, burnt up brake systems and almost every imaginable thing over they years on cars from all different types of manufacturers. All where topshelf racing/sports/performance/GT versions of reasonably priced cars. None had this type of limpmode or if they had a limp mode, were never tripped.

Hope you can get the issue resolved.

Diana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT 350
Can you tell me what the "track mode" on my car is for, since it can't be tracked.... Hell for that matter why bother with the big ass brakes, the awesome suspension, or the high reving, high horsepower 5.2 Voodoo..... shoulda just slapped some stripes and badges on it.

I think the thing you guys are missing here is that some of us, like me, have no intentions of tracking our cars but I sure would think if I showed up somewhere at an open track day that my "Sophisticated Performer" could run a few laps without having an issue. Yea, I wouldn't expect to be able to run it like we do the cars at the Track Attack but seriously, couldn't even run a few laps????

I don't know why I bother posting here. Someone will just come on and tell me I'm wrong or whining about the situation even though I have made it very clear I'll be fixing mine......
I don't think you are whining, you are frustrated like we all are, and now having to spend lots more money on getting the car fixed, forget the track, to protect our investment, no one should beat u up about it!

autobahnGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
You sound very reasonable so I hope you don't take this the wrong way but it's honestly not my intention for upset you.

Non-track pack/Non-R cars are basically badges & stripes for people who wanted badges, stripes and dreams of owning a collectible but didn't want to pay extra for trans & diff cooler.

Hope you can get the issue resolved.
You have some good reasoning for most of your response; except, the 2016 Tech Pack cars were more expensive than the Track Pack cars. I don't believe price was really a factor in many peoples buying decisions, at least not for me. I needed seats that I could sit in due to a back injury, the Recaro's are too painful, and even the Tech seats are painful after a while, but I suck it up like the old Army fart that I am, haha. :ford:

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Non-track pack/Non-R cars are basically badges & stripes for people who wanted badges, stripes and dreams of owning a collectible but didn't want to pay extra for trans & diff cooler.

You sir deserve an award for the dumbest comment i've EVER read on these forums. :crazy:

Nuff said, not even gonna comment on such a stupid statement.

Sponsored

Diana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT 350
You sir deserve an award for the dumbest comment i've EVER read on these forums. :crazy:

Nuff said, not even gonna comment on such a stupid statement.
Great!
We did pay more not only for the car but ADM was typically higher for the tech package cars and would have gladly paid 3k for the coolers

mkonrad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Oxford White
Vehicle Showcase
On the positive side, this is an awesome social experiment. Watching people thank each other for having the same opinion is like a case study in confirmation bias.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
On the positive side, this is an awesome social experiment. Watching people thank each other for having the same opinion is like a case study in confirmation bias.
The 'thanks' above is for research purposes only :lol:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
There's lots of information in this thread about human social behavior, but "awesome" is not a word I'd use to describe most of it.

I realize my reply is off topic, but this thread is already so off the rails I don't even feel bad about it.

Sponsored

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Well played sir. I can't thank you now, but I'm laughing inside.

:cheers:
No thank needed, it's for the M6G community :D

:cheers:

wjs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350; Previous: 2017 GT350, 2016 GT350, 2012 BMW 135i
I waited, like many, for a "Ford Solution" but it didn't turn out like I hoped so I made a deal and am selling my 16 Tech Pack for a 17 at MSRP. $8,000 difference in sales price and trade in. I save a little more than $3,000 in sales tax by trading in rather than selling private party. Bottom line is about $8,500 for the 17 which restarts the depreciation, tire wear, and warranty clock. Cooler solution resolved but at a cost.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I waited, like many, for a "Ford Solution" but it didn't turn out like I hoped so I made a deal and am selling my 16 Tech Pack for a 17 at MSRP. $8,000 difference in sales price and trade in. I save a little more than $3,000 in sales tax by trading in rather than selling private party. Bottom line is about $8,500 for the 17 which restarts the depreciation, tire wear, and warranty clock. Cooler solution resolved but at a cost.
And your 135i?

barstowpo

Witness Protection Prog
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gordon
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT350 Tech/Track hybrid, 2016 FPRS Car#17
I did not choose my tech pack to get a cheaper car with stripes. It in fact was more expensive. I simply did not want Recaro's for a daily driver and have grown to like heated and cooled seats. The info I had at the time was that I could simply add a cooler. It seemed easier at the time to add a cooler rather than add comfy seats. Ford never said they were going to fix their blunder by adding coolers for 2017 so waiting wasn't even on the horizon. I didn't expect that adding a Ford supplied cooler as indicated in the manual would void the warranty either. So my new transmission is sitting on a dolly in my living room.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
So my new transmission is sitting on a dolly in my living room.
That's freaking awesome:headbang:
You got to start a new thread with pics -Where Do You Store Your Transmission

Congrats Gordon, good luck with the install:cheers:
Sponsored