Sponsored

2015-2016 Tech Pack and Base GT350 Cooler Solution Discussion

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
So, is Ford Performance going to be offering a complete bolt-on cooler set up (without having to buy a new tranny) or not? I thought they were getting close but haven't heard anything lately.

And my Shelby Scoop is back to rattling like a giant kazoo again. It's coming off. And Steeda bar is going back on.
No, Ford Performance does not and will not offer a complete bolt on cooler set up that doesn't require you to buy a new transmission.

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
I think a case that gets better and better for litigation is the recalled oil line issue. I have never heard of any other recall (besides VW dieselgate) that needed half year to get existing owners replacement parts.
:frusty:

Sponsored

10splaya22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
F150
I think a case that gets better and better for litigation is the recalled oil line issue. I have never heard of any other recall (besides VW dieselgate) that needed half year to get existing owners replacement parts.
:frusty:
I would have to say the Takata recall is much worse.

Side_Pce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Have there been any documented cases of transmission failure caused by overheating? (Tremec trans)

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
OK, what exactly is it that we should doing to get this started?

Most likely IF this lawsuit EVER gets settled with Ford, which i doubt very much, you'll most likely be more interested in driving Ford's new all electric Mustang in 2030. :D

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Ford won't volunteer that info, may be able to get after suit filed thru the courts
Lawyers can't solicit, after a class is filed then members are noticed.
Lawyers are interested in having folks contact them to discuss options and strategies and to get the ball rolling.
Agreed. That's what I was referencing....

I am not an attorney & did not stay in a Holiday In Express last night but to me, the crux of a case would be those of us that have hit limp mode while driving on the streets. I think those of us that ordered a Base/Tech before the publication date of the first supplement (July 2015) might have standing as well as notification of the cooler requirements for track use was not clearly stated (though I need to check my order materials before I am 100% confident with this last opinion). In any case, I didn't receive the Manual & Supplement until I took delivery at the end of December 2015.

A long shot for sure....

Last edited:

Sponsored

Mustang Marcus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla 2016GT350 Magnetic Blue Stripe

I am not an attorney & did I stay in a Holiday In Express last night but to me, the crux of a case would be those of us that have hit limp mode while driving on the streets. I think those of us that ordered a Base/Tech before the publication date of the first supplement (July 2015) might have standing as well as notification of the cooler requirements for track use was not clearly stated (though I need to check my order materials before I am 100% confident with this last opinion). In any case, I didn't receive the Manual & Supplement until I took delivery at the end of December 2015.

A long shot for sure....
Agreed.... If Ford had stated that Tech cars w/o coolers might overheat and go into limp mode on the street.. I wouldn't of ordered one.
Ordered my car 7/15 and don't drive her on really hot days because of that.

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
Taken from the other thread, didn't want some users here to get sucked into this scam because they didn't see the posts in the other thread

Lexluther said:
Question? Is this for real? I'm being serious.

I googled the email you provided to respond to you and it comes up as blacklisted and spam on 31 different sites.. [email protected] IP 85.191.44.76

So is this for real or are you just harvesting emails addresses and their IP's?

If this is for real please list the contact information of the law firm which is simple public information. There would be no need to go through you as a filter.

https://cleantalk.org/blacklists/[email protected]

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
I would have to say the Takata recall is much worse.
True but.......... replace oil lines in 9000 vehicles vs airbags in 10 million vehicles......

Oh, don't forget the new cars they are selling are not part of the recall (I'm assuming they have the new oil lines) and are being sold to keep the revenue stream going while to hell with the existing owners that have to sit back and take it because Ford already has their money.

Ok my rant is done:)

Essex Wire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350 Tech Pkg

I am not an attorney & did not stay in a Holiday In Express last night but to me, the crux of a case would be those of us that have hit limp mode while driving on the streets. I think those of us that ordered a Base/Tech before the publication date of the first supplement (July 2015) might have standing as well as notification of the cooler requirements for track use was not clearly stated (though I need to check my order materials before I am 100% confident with this last opinion). In any case, I didn't receive the Manual & Supplement until I took delivery at the end of December 2015.

A long shot for sure....
We've all been over this hundreds of times over the past year. I wouldn't get back into it, except (1) we seem to have finally arrived at the point where it's now clear that Ford Performance' is, in fact, not going to come out with a reasonable cost fix for the problem, despite the many reports from folks on the board that they were; and (2) I don't want affected Base/Tech owners to be dissuaded from pursuing their (our) rights by posts from well-intentioned folks saying we probably don't have a claim against Ford who may not be all that familiar with the law in this area.

With reluctance, I will say that I am a litigation attorney with some experience in related fields but not directly on point. I think Ford has clear liability, at minimum, for false and/or deceptive advertising.

Three points:

1) What was more prominent in Ford's 2015 advertising, marketing and promotional materials for the 350, the fact that this was going to be Ford's best performing track-capable car of all time (which used the GT350 name to specifically bring to mind Shelby's iconic 1966 track success); or that, oh yeah, be careful which version you choose because the Base/Tech packages can't run on track? Rather than making the choices clear, they buried the information in the owner's manual. There was nothing in the advertising materials that limited the claims of the great track-capability of the car to the "Track" versions.

2) And, this is really critical in false advertising law, sophisticated, well-informed car and/or track consumers WERE, IN FACT, DECEIVED. Evidence of actual consumer confusion like we have here -- even with supposed warnings like "Tech vs Track" or the language in the supplement -- means that the advertising was deceptive and the "warnings" were not sufficient as a matter of law. I know when I bought the car I had not even the idea that the Tech version of this $60K car could not run track days. For all the doubters/haters/Ford fans etc. you can simply call me stupid for not knowing, but you have to understand that false advertising laws are especially there to protect even us stupid people from being deceived by advertisers.

3) Ford admitted the problem by putting coolers on all models in 2017, as it should have done from the start.

That said, unfortunately, it is true as people have said that it could take years to get any compensation or resolution from Ford, either in settlement or by the court. :ford:

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
We've all been over this hundreds of times over the past year. I wouldn't get back into it, except (1) we seem to have finally arrived at the point where it's now clear that Ford Performance' is, in fact, not going to come out with a reasonable cost fix for the problem, despite the many reports from folks on the board that they were; and (2) I don't want affected Base/Tech owners to be dissuaded from pursuing their (our) rights by posts from well-intentioned folks saying we probably don't have a claim against Ford who may not be all that familiar with the law in this area.

With reluctance, I will say that I am a litigation attorney with some experience in related fields but not directly on point. I think Ford has clear liability, at minimum, for false and/or deceptive advertising.

Three points:

1) What was more prominent in Ford's 2015 advertising, marketing and promotional materials for the 350, the fact that this was going to be Ford's best performing track-capable car of all time (which used the GT350 name to specifically bring to mind Shelby's iconic 1966 track success); or that, oh yeah, be careful which version you choose because the Base/Tech packages can't run on track? Rather than making the choices clear, they buried the information in the owner's manual. There was nothing in the advertising materials that limited the claims of the great track-capability of the car to the "Track" versions.

2) And, this is really critical in false advertising law, sophisticated, well-informed car and/or track consumers WERE, IN FACT, DECEIVED. Evidence of actual consumer confusion like we have here -- even with supposed warnings like "Tech vs Track" or the language in the supplement -- means that the advertising was deceptive and the "warnings" were not sufficient as a matter of law. I know when I bought the car I had not even the idea that the Tech version of this $60K car could not run track days. For all the doubters/haters/Ford fans etc. you can simply call me stupid for not knowing, but you have to understand that false advertising laws are especially there to protect even us stupid people from being deceived by advertisers.

3) Ford admitted the problem by putting coolers on all models in 2017, as it should have done from the start.

That said, unfortunately, it is true as people have said that it could take years to get any compensation or resolution from Ford, either in settlement or by the court. :ford:
Thanks for the post EW! I appreciate your expertise and the time it took to write it. I hadn't intended to drag up this topic again in this forum but took the bait of a troll. Apologies to you and the community...

What you say makes sense. Lesson learned in corporate malfeasance.
Sponsored