2015/2016 Mustang Phase 2 !

NicksRubyRed15GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Deep impact blue 16 GT
The automatic tune is HORRIBLE!!! Plain and simple and to put that tune out there and then take almost $1k from somebody and say oh well sorry but you want get that back is bad business. I will recommend TVS to anybody but not Roush. My car with just a Lund email tune is what you would expect when they advertise it as 670 crank hp
Sponsored

1crazymach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red GT 500
That sucks to hear. Sorry about your experience . Like I said I love mine I just had it Dyno it put down 601 to the rear wheel. Exactly what was advertised. If I was in your shoes I would have some deep conversations with Roush and Ford myself. Hopefully it all works out

NicksRubyRed15GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Deep impact blue 16 GT
Really sucks and yes I will be on the phone ASAP. I just got the car last Tuesday and was on the phone trying to figure out if the car was acting up or was it the way they tune it. My paperwork for the warranty is probably not went through yet and he says no you want get a refund. WOW. BTW this tune was so bad my Ford dealer paid to have Lund send me a tune if that says anything

1crazymach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red GT 500
Really sucks and yes I will be on the phone ASAP. I just got the car last Tuesday and was on the phone trying to figure out if the car was acting up or was it the way they tune it. My paperwork for the warranty is probably not went through yet and he says no you want get a refund. WOW. BTW this tune was so bad my Ford dealer paid to have Lund send me a tune if that says anything
Good dealer. Everything I've read is Roush is a stand up company. Keep us posted

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
[MENTION=14196]Kyle@ROUSH[/MENTION] and others who have experience with upgrading -- I plan to buy the Phase 2 upgrade kit on Friday and I'm not completely sure how all of this tuning stuff goes. My assumption is that there's going to be some tune/calibration adjustment or something required once upgrading.

Regarding the tune stuff specifically, how does this work? Do I need to take it to the shop that installed Phase 1 on it or is there like a file or something I'd download from Roush?

Again, I'm learning as I go here and just took my car to the shop that did all of my other mods when I got P1 installed. Trying to find some alternatives because of some annoying things about the shop that I don't really want to get into here.

Sponsored

NicksRubyRed15GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Deep impact blue 16 GT
[MENTION=17459]altjx[/MENTION] do yourself a favor and get a good tune. Call Lund and he will hook you up. These Roush tunes leave a lot to be desired and I mean A LOT!!

1crazymach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red GT 500
[MENTION=17459]altjx[/MENTION] do yourself a favor and get a good tune. Call Lund and he will hook you up. These Roush tunes leave a lot to be desired and I mean A LOT!!
Unless they are going to warranty Phase 2 for you I would also look into a aftermarket tune because you will be voiding warranty with Phase 2. Might as well pull out all the horses you could get.

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Roush Warrior Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Install was easy. Had a small issue with my crank sensor throwing a code because it went to the default location...hooked up an IDS and everything is calibrated correctly.
Excuse,
What is IDS?

EDIT: NVM, after some digging I found that an IDS (Integrated Diagnostic System) is the software and VCM (Vehicle Communication Module) is the hardware.
Now this raises a question since IDS actually refers to the actual Ford Dealer system and not some tuner.

Last edited:

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
So if I understand correctly, I'll at least need a handheld tuner, correct? So I sold my SCT one awhile ago because I was under the impression that I wouldn't need it, even when upgrading to Phase 2. Anyone able to chime in here? Again, I'm a complete noob when it comes to this. And if I do need one, can I just work with the vendor or Roush with applying it to the car? Or do I need to take it to the shop?

Sponsored

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Dealer will install roush tune.

If you go after market tune it will be much better, and you will need a handheld
Gotcha. Any idea if roush's warranty that covers just roush parts will still be active when using an aftermarket tune though? Or does using an aftermarket tune void the warranty?

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Just bought Phase 2 and going with Lund. Not sure how long it'll take for them but I'll get this installed as soon as it gets here.
Sponsored