OP

Semi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
79 ford f250 7.5l/2015 gt pp ruby red
I'm in the same boat as you. Looking to order one in February. I sympathize with you on the HP concern. I have a 202 whp bike and wanted a car that can get me in trouble as far as my bike.

With that said, I'm getting a gtpp supercharged... Because swolled sack. :-D
What bike Omega? I'm cruising a cbr1100xx blackbird. 200 hp doesn't come on many bikes.
Sponsored

Crossroads

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP FRPP2
PP is the performance Package which only comes with a 6 speed manual.Seems like a decent price and IMO the PP is worth the price of admission. You can get out on a road course and it should perform fine stock.

As far as older Cobra vs the S550 (15 and newer) the S550 have IRS and the older models are solid rear axle. You want to drag race solid rear axle. You want to run road course/autocross IRS handles much beter thriugh the turns.

Insurance depends on whereyou live and what you bundle. You can get an online qoute.

Also the interior of the S550 is a big step upward.

Good Luck.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
What do you think guys and gals. is 435 horses enough or did you tire of it quickly? Can one ever be satisfied regarding horsepower?

I know in the motorcycle works sometimes the raw power of one bike makes it more fun than something that is on rails as I felt like this 2015 model was. Sometimes less refined=more exhilaration.

I appreciate any feedback. Thanks.
Got any road courses out near you? Finding exhilaration there shouldn't be a problem as long as your pulse is a two-digit positive number.

You'd find that you can't always use all 435 HP, and that it is quite possible to get out beyond the "on rails" feeling that it has in street driving.

You'd also find out - eventually if not sooner - that even the PP could stand still further improvement in some areas (cough . . . tires, brake pads & fluid, maybe wheels, etc. . . . cough).

Norm

SR56

Threads
Reaction score
Website
seanrooney.realtor
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Ok, great feedback so far.

Questions
*what is PP?

Sounds like the car is fairly priced.

I work from home so this would be enjoyment vehicle # 2 which is the reason for the hp question. That said I hit a rev limiter on the test drive which was irritating but I think in sport mode that can be turned off?

I've got a buddy with a tweaked out Miata that hits the track regularly. I want to join him but I don't want to lose, any other mods you can suggest?

Another question. How much are you guys paying for insurance? I'm 45 single and no tickets (hoping to change that ticket status) I'm also a home owner. What do you guys pay for insurance? I think the insurance will be the deciding factor on the purchase.

Thanks again, I didn't expect this much response on Christmas day.
The Miata is going to be hard to keep up with. They're lighter and once they're modded with an experienced driver they're pretty bad ass. You're going to need a lot of time on the track. But to get the car right, you're going to need suspension before HP. Just look into the Suspension section on here and you'll get deep pretty quick. I have the PP and I replaced my entire suspension and dampers with Steeda gear. It's on rails now.

As far as insurance... There's a lot of variables here. I'm 45, no accidents or tickets. I live in FL. USAA just sent me a renewal and it went up 20 bucks a month for no good reason. This is after I moved and my new address raised it up and I cut coverages to get it back to a reasonable monthly. Granted, I changed cars and moved from Atlanta to the Daytona Beach area and now to Orlando. So, I was at 135 a month with previous vehicle. Mustang bumped it to 175. Made changes to get to 155 and now back to 175. I've got quotes from State Farm and eSurance that are both in the 135 range for similar coverage to what I have now.

I would take the VIN # of the car you're looking at and put it into your insurance company's quote system like you already have the car. Just cancel before making it official. That will give you the best idea for your particular situation and state.

Omega

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP 401A, Roush 727
What bike Omega? I'm cruising a cbr1100xx blackbird. 200 hp doesn't come on many bikes.
I have a 2012 ZX14r. I would love to see Honda get back into the hyper bikes again. I remember sitting on a dub-x in the show room. I would have killed myself back then tho LOL. The 14 tries to kill me on a daily basis during riding season haha.

Lol funny, I pretty much WFH too. IT?

Sponsored

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
435 is just the starting point. Seems like a great deal.

ImSlow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
routinely redline the first three gears (89mph topped out in 3rd).
89mph topped in 3rd? :shrug:

Thats pretty low, I top out at 114mph in 3rd. Those 3.73s hurt that mph pretty bad...

ImSlow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
But OP, that sounds like a pretty good deal! I would do it!

SR56

Threads
Reaction score
Website
seanrooney.realtor
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP

Thats pretty low, I top out at 114mph in 3rd. Those 3.73s hurt that mph pretty bad...
Yep, they do. At 111 in 4th crossing the finish in the 1/4. Not sure of what speed it is at the top of 3rd, but I'm shifting at 6800ish. I wouldn't mind 3.55 gearing at all.

ImSlow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Yep, they do. At 111 in 4th crossing the finish in the 1/4. Not sure of what speed it is at the top of 3rd, but I'm shifting at 6800ish. I wouldn't mind 3.55 gearing at all.
I have the 3.55's. Just looked at my log and my shift was at 7552rpms lol

Sponsored

SR56

Threads
Reaction score
Website
seanrooney.realtor
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I have the 3.55's. Just looked at my log and my shift was at 7552rpms lol
Oof. I don't even know what my redline is right now. I read somewhere on here that 6800 is about right to keep in the power band for a tuned car with exhaust. Seems strong enough.

I just put on my headers and had my tune updated so I need another run to see what I picked up.

EricSMG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT w/PP, 2004 BMW M3 Coupe

Yep, with stock 6800rpm redline. It is very slow in my opinion, too slow. But the car is very quick so it's a trade off for sure, like everything. The 3.55 would be a better street gear no question but the PP had no option.

Soonertim4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2021 twister orange gt performance pack
Get the PP. The breaks are worth it.

EricSMG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT w/PP, 2004 BMW M3 Coupe
Ok, great feedback so far.

Questions
*what is PP?

Sounds like the car is fairly priced.

I work from home so this would be enjoyment vehicle # 2 which is the reason for the hp question. That said I hit a rev limiter on the test drive which was irritating but I think in sport mode that can be turned off?

I've got a buddy with a tweaked out Miata that hits the track regularly. I want to join him but I don't want to lose, any other mods you can suggest?

Another question. How much are you guys paying for insurance? I'm 45 single and no tickets (hoping to change that ticket status) I'm also a home owner. What do you guys pay for insurance? I think the insurance will be the deciding factor on the purchase.

Thanks again, I didn't expect this much response on Christmas day.
The PP is perfect for your situation - really is. Plus the car you're looking at has low miles and is well into the depreciation curve. As long as it's cherry, snag it.

The rev limiter cannot be turned off. The super short gearing means frequent, and surprising trips to the stock limiter. You'll get used to it after a few weeks and learn to anticipate it.

As for horsepower, it's fast. Not OMG fast, but pretty damn fast. But don't expect a torque monster as it is not at all one. The motor needs to be run between 4k and redline to be truly exciting. But this, in my opinion, is what makes it thrilling because it's glorious up high, really good.

Cool car, perfect as a non-DD. Snag it.

OP
OP

Semi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
79 ford f250 7.5l/2015 gt pp ruby red
Got any road courses out near you? Finding exhilaration there shouldn't be a problem as long as your pulse is a two-digit positive number.

You'd find that you can't always use all 435 HP, and that it is quite possible to get out beyond the "on rails" feeling that it has in street driving.

You'd also find out - eventually if not sooner - that even the PP could stand still further improvement in some areas (cough . . . tires, brake pads & fluid, maybe wheels, etc. . . . cough).

Norm
Now Norm, I dumped 5k into the most recent motorcycle and 13 k into the one prior. You've almost convinced me I can't afford a mustang as the mods can only be more on a car right?

Gaaaahhh. I'm buying it tomorrow, heck with it. I'll post up some pics and bust out my check book.

What in your opinion is the best cheap must have modification on the stang? Lets get this rolling eh?:cheers:

BTW we have miller motor sports park here where my buddy rides, can't wait to get there.
Sponsored