1st stang. 2015, appreciate feedback

Semi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
79 ford f250 7.5l/2015 gt pp ruby red
Alright, intro. I'm Matt from Utah. I've only owned one car that could be considered sporty and that was a 1990 (I think) Mitsubishi Eclipse awd turbo. Loved that car but traded it in for a Ranger after wrecking the side of it.

Now on to the requests. I've been on many forums, sure most of us have. I have my eye on a 2015 ford mustang gt. I don't know yet if new users can post pics but with extras it's got a

*shaker pro 12 speaker stereo. (1795)
*Recaro Leather seats (1595)
*Ruby Red Metallic Tinted CC (395)
*GT performance package P255/40R19 r tir
Rear Spoiler delete
3.73 rear torsen axle
.19 ebony black aluminum wheel
PREMIER TRM/W CLR ACCENT GRP

Original sticker was 43,600

They're asking $29,797
Mileage is 7k

Now I realize everyone here has the resources I do. Google, kbb etc but still wanted to ask on this forum what you think is a fair price.

I also wanted some feedback on the performance package. Is it really worthwhile.

Aand... some of my friends on facebook have suggested I go for an older cobra and save some money but I have never felt a car like this and a few searches indicates that the 6th gen has some pretty fabulous improvements over prior years.

What do you think guys and gals. is 435 horses enough or did you tire of it quickly? Can one ever be satisfied regarding horsepower?

I know in the motorcycle works sometimes the raw power of one bike makes it more fun than something that is on rails as I felt like this 2015 model was. Sometimes less refined=more exhilaration.

I appreciate any feedback. Thanks.
Sponsored

moubayed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015
If you plan on getting a manual, you should seriously consider the performance package, its well worth the money!

Edit: missread, just saw it is included. Awesome choice!

legendary mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 mustang gt
:ford::cheers:great choice on the mustang.you should always try to keep it,and if possible way down the road add to it with another mustang.

FIVE_LITER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP Competition Orange
Horsepower is a hell of a drug...

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Nicely optioned car, and good price.

Sponsored

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
New base model can be had for 33-34 , new premium is 36ish

SR56

Threads
Reaction score
Website
seanrooney.realtor
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Not a bad price, but you can probably find a new leftover '16 on the lot for a little more, or even a car with some mods already done to get you started. You're definitely going to get the bug.

Look at Koons website in Baltimore. They'll fly you out on their dime. I paid 37 for a similar MSRP GTPP back in April. I'd bet they're willing to move whatever they have for a lot less.

Omega

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP 401A, Roush 727
I'm in the same boat as you. Looking to order one in February. I sympathize with you on the HP concern. I have a 202 whp bike and wanted a car that can get me in trouble as far as my bike.

With that said, I'm getting a gtpp supercharged... Because swolled sack. :-D

Omega

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP 401A, Roush 727

Sponsored

EricSMG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT w/PP, 2004 BMW M3 Coupe
The car sounds lovely, great color. The GTPP was the only option for me except I specifically wanted a non premium to minimize depreciation. To echo a few other comments, consider that I paid 34 flat for my '17 brand new, as a point of reference.

Now - price and superficial options aside, the PP is a rowdy car. It's very hard riding and if you're anywhere near the city and have a heavy foot, expect low teens mpg. It is highly unrefined and very fast above 4k RPM and with the ultra short gearing you can safely and routinely redline the first three gears (89mph topped out in 3rd).

So, it's not the best commuter choice but if you push hard it's exciting. It also looks tits with the pimpy black wheels.

RIBS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red
Awesome option set, good price. As a 15' the warranty will be shorter but should cover you in the short term...my 15 is great in stock form....

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Lol, good advice, but prolly not from this guy :crazy:
It's a shame because he's actually talented. He did it to himself. :headbonk:

OP
OP

Semi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
79 ford f250 7.5l/2015 gt pp ruby red
Ok, great feedback so far.

Questions
*what is PP?

Sounds like the car is fairly priced.

I work from home so this would be enjoyment vehicle # 2 which is the reason for the hp question. That said I hit a rev limiter on the test drive which was irritating but I think in sport mode that can be turned off?

I've got a buddy with a tweaked out Miata that hits the track regularly. I want to join him but I don't want to lose, any other mods you can suggest?

Another question. How much are you guys paying for insurance? I'm 45 single and no tickets (hoping to change that ticket status) I'm also a home owner. What do you guys pay for insurance? I think the insurance will be the deciding factor on the purchase.

Thanks again, I didn't expect this much response on Christmas day.