19 GT cold air intake

Scott.lester1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT premium, oxford white, performance package level 1, 401a
hey guys what's the best cold air intake for the 19 GT thats cheap, looks good under the hood, provides performance, and thats good for the engine. Also, do these add to the exhaust note and are they worth the money. Lastly, any other mods you recommend that won't void the warranty on my mustang
Sponsored

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
thats cheap, looks good under the hood, provides performance, and thats good for the engine.
The stock one fits all those to the T, and best of all it's free.

All intakes that don't require a tune won't gain you anything, and the ones that do will maybe gain you a handful of hp for $300+. Plus that screws with your overall powertrain warranty.

Bladerunner70

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
The stock one fits all those to the T, and best of all it's free.

All intakes that don't require a tune won't gain you anything, and the ones that do will maybe gain you a handful of hp for $300+. Plus that screws with your overall powertrain warranty.
^^^^ AGREE 100%

The stock CAI is the best one. Ford spends tens of millions of dollars on R&D, so do you really think they are going to leave HP on the table with a lack-luster CAI? Nope.

Aftermarket CAI's are anything but "cold-air". Most pull in hot air from the engine compartment, especially at idle waiting for traffic lights, or at slow speed. Yeah, the stock CAI isn't going to give you the WOW factor when you open the hood, but hope you don't buy an inferior, aftermarket CAI just to impress people with the look of it when you open the hood? I'm old, so I don't care about how the engine compartment looks, I just want my car to be as fast and efficient as possible.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
The stock CAI is the best one. Ford spends tens of millions of dollars on R&D, so do you really think they are going to leave HP on the table with a lack-luster CAI? Nope.
To expand on that...for a while yes they did leave a little bit of hp on the table. But ever since the Coyote days in 2011 they've done a much better job, and the last one on 18+ is really good. The size and flow has been greatly increased, and is 100% sealed.

Sponsored

Vstang2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I kept my 19 airbox and simply removed the carbon piece inside , dropped in an AEM dry filter and opened up some of the honeycombs in front of the inlet of the grill. Doesn't appear to be a good power to cost ratio on the aftermarket intakes vs the stock 18+

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/401A/A10
Vehicle Showcase
Regardless of whatever air intake you do, OPEN YOUR GRILLE UP directly in front of the inlet and let the air in!!!

LxMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Gt.
Vehicle Showcase
The stocker.

Now lets see which vendor comes in first....

OP
OP
Scott.lester1

Scott.lester1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT premium, oxford white, performance package level 1, 401a
alright thank you guys for the help its great I can ask a question and get an unbiased answer so quickly thats not trying to sell me a product. I was under the assumption Ford just didn't include a proper intake due to the fact of cost cutting or emissions stuff like that and hence all the aftermarket parts but I see thats not the case but with the money I don't have to spend on that ill definitely put that somewhere else in the car lmao

Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I kept my 19 airbox and simply removed the carbon piece inside , dropped in an AEM dry filter and opened up some of the honeycombs in front of the inlet of the grill. Doesn't appear to be a good power to cost ratio on the aftermarket intakes vs the stock 18+
Did exactly the same (even Dremel'ed down the tabs where the carbon panel was mounted), and I may add a Velossa duct(s) later. I love that this is a place where the MY18+ design is so good, you don't really need to spend any money (unless going with some max effort N/A build and you require an intake manifold specific intake, i.e., Cobra Jet).

Aftermarket panel filter, remove carbon panel, swap out resonator for an H and X pipe, get an E85 tune, you're easily over 500HP (probably in the ~520 area) for < $600 (and all pretty easy DIYs).

Vstang2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Did exactly the same (even Dremel'ed down the tabs where the carbon panel was mounted), and I may add a Velossa duct(s) later. I love that this is a place where the MY18+ design is so good, you don't really need to spend any money (unless going with some max effort N/A build and you require an intake manifold specific intake, i.e., Cobra Jet).

Aftermarket panel filter, remove carbon panel, swap out resonator for an H and X pipe, get an E85 tune, you're easily over 500HP (probably in the ~520 area) for < $600 (and all pretty easy DIYs).
I did the same and even added the Steeda H pipe but I'm not tuned yet. No E85 near me. I won't tune it for some time thou as the car is only 3 months old but will likely rock a 93 tune once ready. Im torn between leaving the H pipe or going with a solo Mach XV111 if they launch a BF sale.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I did the same and even added the Steeda H pipe but I'm not tuned yet. No E85 near me. I won't tune it for some time thou as the car is only 3 months old but will likely rock a 93 tune once ready. Im torn between leaving the H pipe or going with a solo Mach XV111 if they launch a BF sale.

I had the Solo Thunder on my '16, in fact, I was planning on keeping it and putting it on a MY18+ if I got one without the Active Exhaust, according to Solo it would bolt right up, and I could've replaced the tips with some duals. However, I never found a stock exhaust for cheap, and the car I wound up with had the AE, so whoever the new owner is, got a nice exhaust :D

I loved that exhaust, different from most other products, well built, modular center section, highly recommended if you don't have the AE (if you do, I'd keep it :))

Check out your local Gate stations, it was not showing for me on a few E/Alt Fuel finder apps and sites, I wound up just seeing it one day, and it wasn't even at all the pumps (this is one of those huge Gate stations with like 8 pump islands.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
alright thank you guys for the help its great I can ask a question and get an unbiased answer so quickly thats not trying to sell me a product. I was under the assumption Ford just didn't include a proper intake due to the fact of cost cutting or emissions stuff like that and hence all the aftermarket parts but I see thats not the case but with the money I don't have to spend on that ill definitely put that somewhere else in the car lmao
The only thing that you might consider is an aftermarket air filter for the stock box. Go on Amazon to check them out. Personally I'm waiting for TKO to put their new filter on the market.

Some good reading here.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/air-in-take-filter.124245/page-4#post-2633542
Sponsored