Sponsored

18 GT A10 Issue

chocoblox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Hey guys,

I have an 18 GT PP with about 3500 miles. I’ve noticed that, while driving in normal mode, the acceleration will be smooth up until 5th gear, where the RPM will suddenly “hiccup” for about 1-2 seconds and dip by about 300-400 RPM before continuing to smoothly accelerate. I read somewhere that this is due to the torque converter. Is this normal?

Thanks!
Sponsored

gmupatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (Orange Fury), 401A, A10, 3.55
I have 10K on mine and the 4-5 shift in D is exactly as you say. Been like that since new.

Driversedge18

SPIRIT OF AMERICA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ECOBOOST PREMIUM
Vehicle Showcase
I have 10K on mine and the 4-5 shift in D is exactly as you say. Been like that since new.
10,000 miles on the A10 very nice. :cheers:

Driversedge18

SPIRIT OF AMERICA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ECOBOOST PREMIUM
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys,

I have an 18 GT PP with about 3500 miles. I’ve noticed that, while driving in normal mode, the acceleration will be smooth up until 5th gear, where the RPM will suddenly “hiccup” for about 1-2 seconds and dip by about 300-400 RPM before continuing to smoothly accelerate. I read somewhere that this is due to the torque converter. Is this normal?

Thanks!
Has it ever skipped gears. Lets say from 1-3 on hard acceleration.? Just curious . :cheers:

RoyalCrimsonGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bong
Vehicle(s)
2018 MGT P, 10R80, PP1, MagneRide, ActiveExhaust
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys,

Thanks!
mine only hiccups when it breaks the tires loose on the shifts and the TC is on... try resetting the ecu and let it relearn, see if the hiccup goes away.

Sponsored

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
if driving normal in D, mine goes 1-3-5.. how many miles you have? i know several people discussed the initial learning the car does and it drives odd until it learns. the converter from what i heard does lock and unlock depending on inputs.

gmupatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10,000 miles on the A10 very nice. :cheers:
:headbang::cheers:

Thanks! I drove the heck out of this thing in 6 months. First brand new car in a long time so I want to make sure if there are any issues, they show their head sooner than later. Now, I have calmed down on putting crazy miles on it and just enjoy it every other day instead of using it as a daily.

OP
OP

chocoblox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Has it ever skipped gears. Lets say from 1-3 on hard acceleration.? Just curious . :cheers:
Yeah, the A10 in normal mode rarely uses 2nd or 4th gears unless it’s very light acceleration. Oddly, if it does happen to use 4th gear, the RPM dip/fluctuation happens in 4th instead of 5th.

OP
OP

chocoblox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
mine only hiccups when it breaks the tires loose on the shifts and the TC is on... try resetting the ecu and let it relearn, see if the hiccup goes away.
I’ll definitely give this a shot—thanks for the suggestion!

RoyalCrimsonGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bong
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
While we're on the A10 topic, i've been wanting to ask...

Does Drag Strip mode on D only go to 7th gear? i can only get mine to 8-10 spd overdrive when i'm on Dragstrip/Sport+ using the paddle shifters.

Is it normally that way or just my car? TIA

Sponsored

gmupatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
While we're on the A10 topic, i've been wanting to ask...

Does Drag Strip mode on D only go to 7th gear? i can only get mine to 8-10 spd overdrive when i'm on Dragstrip/Sport+ using the paddle shifters.

Is it normally that way or just my car? TIA
In S+, Track, and Drag mode the transmission will not shift to 8-10 unless forced to do so via the paddles as you mentioned. It is totally normal

RoyalCrimsonGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bong
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
In S+, Track, and Drag mode the transmission will not shift to 8-10 unless forced to do so via the paddles as you mentioned. It is totally normal
oh so in track mode too? i have to check that out i thought mine only does that on drag mode.

last question, "traction control off" while in track mode is not really off correct? mine would still kinda stall if the tires break loose unless i fully turn off advance tc.

thanks again!

gmupatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
oh so in track mode too? i have to check that out i thought mine only does that on drag mode.

last question, "traction control off" while in track mode is not really off correct? mine would still kinda stall if the tires break loose unless i fully turn off advance tc.

thanks again!
Yes, in Track mode as well. It is because our cars hit the speed limiter at the top of 7th gear and it would make sense if you are tracking/drag racing to keep your car in the optimal gear(s).

Yes, thats correct. Adv traction control off is truly all nannies off.

Zathras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I don't know if it's the same thing you are talking about, but sometimes I notice a "surging" or "bucking" sensation when accelerating in the lower gears, as if I'm not holding the throttle steady. But I'd say this effect mainly happens in 1st thru 3rd gear. I'm not sure if it's because I'm not being smooth enough with the throttle, or if there's an actual problem. I only have about 600 miles on it, so far.

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
I don't know if it's the same thing you are talking about, but sometimes I notice a "surging" or "bucking" sensation when accelerating in the lower gears, as if I'm not holding the throttle steady. But I'd say this effect mainly happens in 1st thru 3rd gear. I'm not sure if it's because I'm not being smooth enough with the throttle, or if there's an actual problem. I only have about 600 miles on it, so far.
There are certain throttle ranges I notice this. Really low or high throttle positions tend to be smooth but there are some spots between where the shifts have a jolt.
Sponsored