Sponsored

18+ GT Performance Tune Pac

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Posted this on the other thread. Pic of install.

Performance kit.jpg
Sponsored

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I received the parts. Just to make sure they are both seperate parts correct? The 90° fitting only replaces the straight fitting and the PVC hose is for that other hose on driver side that connects to tube? Just replaces that hose?

20201001_203454.jpg
Yup

Rpinaiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ral
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I thought we were replacing the 90°fitting and that same hose that is attached to it for some reason. They are seperate I see now.

Dans18GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
That's interesting. The black hose didn't fit very well either so that's good.

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Curious to get others thoughts that are running the tune. What are you noticing for shifts, IATs, vacuum, air fuel ratio, if you had to reset Kam, etc.. How are you liking it, etc.?

Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Curious to get others thoughts that are running the tune. What are you noticing for shifts, IATs, vacuum, air fuel ratio, if you had to reset Kam, etc.. How are you liking it, etc.?

I have had the kit on the car now for a week. For those who said they didn't notice an improvement I don't know what to say. On my car it definitely woke the car up and definitely believe the 15-20rwhp gain, but more importantly the car just feels like its chomping at the bit vs. feeling like something is holding it back. Also, driveability has also been improved as the increase of throttle response and low end torque is also a welcome aspect. Just want to point out I run 93-94 octane in this car even in Cali where we only get 91. I blend 2 gal. of 101 VP street blaze along with 2 gallons of E85. Car is running good.

My IATs are higher at idle at a light than with the OEM intake. However, once moving it cools down quickly. I am a little perplexed about this as the seal on top of the CAI definitely is sealing against the hood liner as you can see the trace of the intake on the hood liner.

I have noticed that my A/F ratio can go as low as 11.3:1 when WOT in the heart of the torque band. I didn't do a KAM reset and have had no issues with vacuum.

A caveat, my car is a 300a base Mustang GT PP1 car, 6MT. No drive modes so if you have my car with no drive modes the snappier throttle response is a definite plus, also there is less lag for the car getting on the cams and nice deep intake growl when getting near 4k rpm and up, I also noticed a slight change in exhaust note, my car still has the OEM mufflers but with a Borla switchfire. This will soon change as new axle back will be done soon.

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Thanks for posting. I also noticed a slight change in exhaust note. I have Borla Ataks and they aren't as high pitched when really getting on it. The air/fuel is definitely a nice surprise. From my gauge barely moving before to actually moving now it's interesting watching the gauge bounce around lol
As far as the IATs I think where the maf is located has a lot to do with it, plus the tubes they use for the intake aren't exactly thick and made of thin plastic.

JSmoove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
I am a novice when it comes to tuning and what not but am interested in this kit since it retains the factory warranty and that you guys are providing positive results with the kit. Is this a tune I can get installed by my dealer and "forget it"? What I mean is I don't want to have keep making adjustments since I really don't know what I am doing (as long as I am happy with the performance after installation of course). I also have a Borla ATAK system on my car but no other go-fast mods.

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I am a novice when it comes to tuning and what not but am interested in this kit since it retains the factory warranty and that you guys are providing positive results with the kit. Is this a tune I can get installed by my dealer and "forget it"? What I mean is I don't want to have keep making adjustments since I really don't know what I am doing (as long as I am happy with the performance after installation of course). I also have a Borla ATAK system on my car but no other go-fast mods.
This is the perfect tune for that. It's really more of a calibration than anything.
Ford Performance may release updates to it in the future, but even that is super easy.

Sponsored

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Thought I'd give another update. Took my car on another trip on the weekend. I noticed some hesitation again in normal mode and in sport plus the downshifts started to want to send me into my windshield. Having been through this before I knew resetting the KAM would fix it. I know it takes a few weeks for the tune to adjust, but for me I felt the adaptive part was going in the wrong direction.
I like how we can easily reset it with the Procal without having to disconnect the battery.
I reset the adaptive Kam and my car is snappy again.
If any of you get this tune and feel the shifts arent what you expected or your car doesn't seem to be any faster from stock reset the kam. The instructions say you shouldnt have to reset it, but honestly its a good idea to do it after a tune anyways.

bigmac5166

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT MT-82
Vehicle Showcase
My kit has shipped and should be here Saturday from the looks of it! I will be doing the install myself on Sunday and will report back with my experience for anyone interested. I have a base 6spd, but I did add Sync 3 and drive modes back in June.

bigmac5166

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT MT-82
Vehicle Showcase
Well looks like I jinxed myself as FedEx has completely messed this up. Long story short my kit is sitting in Oklahoma for some reason and who knows when it will be delivered :angry:

LevittownFordParts

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Benny
Vehicle(s)
S550's!
Well looks like I jinxed myself as FedEx has completely messed this up. Long story short my kit is sitting in Oklahoma for some reason and who knows when it will be delivered :angry:
If there is anything we can help with let me know

- Benny
Sponsored