Sponsored

18+ GT Performance Tune Pac

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I took my car to a body shop to drop off my engine cover to get painted and trimmed this morning.
I already had a painted cover, but it was cut for the old Roush intake so having a new one done.

I have a feeling the connectors that others asked about havent been fixed.
The shop owner put my cover on to mark where he needed to cut it, barely touched/moved it and the connector broke. Hairline cracks. The connector is really cheap, thin and very fragile after its hot. So you have got to be careful with it.
He ended up giving me his intake tube from his GT350 since its the same piece.
I'll see if I can get a replacement like Briebee72 did. They really should have resdesigned the tube instead of just using the same design. If you're not using the engine cover, no big deal, but some of us actually do use it. I use it for car shows.
What is really interesting is they either went with a cheap manufacturer or just got cheap on the molds/parts because the same connector on the tube I was given off of an older GT350 is pretty solid.

IAT's still stayed at 98/100 today. It did shoot up to 150 at the McDonalds drive thru, but slowly went back down after I got moving again. Have to love FL heat.

I drove the entire trip in normal mode to see not only how it drove, but if I would see any difference in gas mileage. I was getting an average if 18.5 before and now see 19.5. No idea if its partly because of the tune, my hood, the weather, my trip or a combination of everything.
It drove nice in normal mode though. Wouldn't say that before the tune.
I'll try track mode soon.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Good news guys, Ford Performance will be drop shipping the missing ducts directly to those that are missing it. If you purchased it from us please PM me your order number and we will send the info over to FP.

Thanks!

- Benny

Hi Benny, you got PM. Just got the kit from you and its missing the dirty air inlet tube to cai connection.

Dave

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Went to the store today and decided to try out track mode.
Stock track mode to me was sluggish and shifts were a bit rough. With the tune, shifts are on point, but still slightly rough. Just not anywhere as feeling like to you rear ended.
The power is there.

One thing I've noticed since this tune is the air/fuel ratios are varying more.
Stock I would see 14:2 and not much lower on wot. I think the lowest I saw was 13:5.
Now I see 14.2 at idle, as low as 12:1 on wot and cruising can be anywhere from 13 to 15:1.
Of course letting off the gas shoots up to 20 which I know is normal.
With the tune I'd expect some differences for that extra power. Curious to know if others who have the tune installed are seeing the same numbers.

Last edited:

3rdRGR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush RS2, 2011 Nissan Murano SV
Went to the store today and decided to try out track mode.
Stock track mode to me was sluggish and shifts were a bit rough. With the tune, shifts are on point, but still slightly rough. Just not anywhere as feeling like to you rear ended.
The power is there.

One thing I've noticed since this tune is the air/fuel ratios are varying more.
Stock I would see 14:2 and not much lower on wot. I think the lowest I saw was 13:5.
Now I see 14.2 at idle, as low as 12:1 on wot and cruising can be anywhere from 13 to 15:1.
Of course letting off the gas shoots up to 20 which I know is normal.
With the tune I'd expect some differences for that extra power. Curious to know if others who have the tune installed are seeing the same numbers.
One of the annoying things for me, is in Normal Mode, it just does not want to hold the lower gears unless you are virtually flooring it and keeping it there. This often makes it feel way too sluggish for a 460hp car. Have you noticed that the transmission mapping makes it hold the lower gears further into the higher RPM range without having to bury the gas pedal?

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
One of the annoying things for me, is in Normal Mode, it just does not want to hold the lower gears unless you are virtually flooring it and keeping it there. This often makes it feel way too sluggish for a 460hp car. Have you noticed that the transmission mapping makes it hold the lower gears further into the higher RPM range without having to bury the gas pedal?
Haven't looked at the rpms much, but it's definitely not sluggish like stock was. Stock even my exhaust sounded like it was struggling. Not anymore. I used to drive mostly in sport plus, but there were times the downshifts as cool as they sound were rough so I dealt with normal. Now sport plus is much smoother, but I'll probably drive in normal most of the time now to save gas.
Even on the highway I didn't feel the sluggishness I did before trying to pass someone in normal.
The tune is mapping better and getting better air fuel ratios for better performance.

Sponsored

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I have a question for anyone else who purchased one of these. If you still have the big white box everything came in, what does the date say on the upc sticker?
Mine says 5/19/2020.
Trying to see if theres dates closer to now with updated pieces/parts or if older ones are still in circulation even with the back orders.
Dans18GT's pic shows the white valve piece is straight. Mine is 90 degrees.
Which is the updated vs old?

20200927_202501.jpg

Last edited:

Rpinaiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ral
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
The old is straight. I was in the first round and mine is straight. Dont know if we are getting updated ones.

Rpinaiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ral
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Yes I am also seeing the same air to fuel. I read like 12 to 13 to 1 is pretty good at WOT. I am about 12:1 at WOT. When I can get some good pulls I'll take a look at it again.

3rdRGR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush RS2, 2011 Nissan Murano SV
Haven't looked at the rpms much, but it's definitely not sluggish like stock was. Stock even my exhaust sounded like it was struggling. Not anymore. I used to drive mostly in sport plus, but there were times the downshifts as cool as they sound were rough so I dealt with normal. Now sport plus is much smoother, but I'll probably drive in normal most of the time now to save gas.
Even on the highway I didn't feel the sluggishness I did before trying to pass someone in normal.
The tune is mapping better and getting better air fuel ratios for better performance.
Great to know. Thanks!

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Just got finished chatting with someone at Ford Performance. Unlike Briebee72 where they told him they couldn't replace just the single piece that broke and sent a whole new elbow, they told me they do have just the one piece. Old one just needs to be cut off and the new one epoxied. So I guess they are sending me the 1 piece.

Sponsored

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
The elbow isn't new. It's the same as they've been using on the 15-17 kits and what the GT350s come with. The only thing I see different is the white valve piece. Instead of being straight it's now 90 degrees. The hose could be different too, but the elbow piece itself hasn't changed.

OP
OP
Cobrakit

Cobrakit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PREMIUM PP1
They have promised to send me new pieces, so will see. I have one of the earliest kits and installed myself.

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Yea let us know what they send. I have the newer kit and now have the shop owners gt350 elbow and it's 100% the same. So definitely curious to see what they send you.

Dans18GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I would like to have the white elbow connector. There is a lot of pressure on the connection because of how the hose snaked around. I'm surprised it made it to the public this way.
Sponsored