LevittownFordParts

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Benny
Vehicle(s)
S550's!
I contacted my local dealer about installing this kit. They seemed unfamiliar with it and they quoted $1,050 (not a typo) to install it.

I was shocked by their quote and not really sure how to go about getting the part installed. I feel comfortable doing it myslef, but I'd like the warranty coverage.

Any suggestions?
Find another dealer or an ASE certified shop. If you go with the private shop request that the receipt clearly states that it was installed by an ASE certified technician.

-Benny
Sponsored

OP
OP
Cobrakit

Cobrakit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PREMIUM PP1
Install yourself, how will dealer know the difference?

LevittownFordParts

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Benny
Vehicle(s)
S550's!
In order for the warranty to be issued a receipt is required from an ASE certified technician. If your over your 3yr 36k then it does not matter.

- Benny

Rpinaiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ral
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I contacted my local dealer about installing this kit. They seemed unfamiliar with it and they quoted $1,050 (not a typo) to install it.

I was shocked by their quote and not really sure how to go about getting the part installed. I feel comfortable doing it myslef, but I'd like the warranty coverage.

Any suggestions?
I did the install myself. If you dont want to do that, then I suggest finding a small performance shop that is certified. Get an invoice for your records. See instruction on what type of certification needed. They will know based off parts and tune it is NOT complicated. Edit : not complicated I meant

Last edited:

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150

Any suggestions?
Go to non-dealer performance shop near you, show them instructions and ask them how much it's going to cost. For warranty you need ASE certified mechanic, not a dealer. Or call and ask how much installing CAI and new throttle body is going to cost, not the "package". I am sure you'll get much lower price.

Sponsored

Rpinaiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ral
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
@LevittownFordParts hello. Thanks for all your help with the group buy. So far loving my upgrade power kit. But in another thread someone pointed out we didnt get a plastic tube to connect new CAI to incoming air from the grill. Are we missing that part or does the kit not connect it. I'll post the thread in a bit

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...-tune-for-2018-gt.122943/page-25#post-2891068

Start at comment 363.. we remove the whole air box and filter but we didnt replace that one part, so its all open from grill to new CAI box. Appreciate your help

Last edited:

Erratikmind

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT Prem M6/401A/PP1/MR, '19 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
@LevittownFordParts hello. Thanks for all your help with the group buy. So far loving my upgrade power kit. But in another thread someone pointed out we didnt get a plastic tube to connect new CAI to incoming air from the grill. Are we missing that part or does the kit not connect it. I'll post the thread in a bit

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...-tune-for-2018-gt.122943/page-25#post-2891068

Start at comment 363.. we remove the whole air box and filter but we didnt replace that one part, so its all open from grill to new CAI box. Appreciate your help
Mine came with the additional piece. It was packed in the box with the Procal and the TB adapter.

Rpinaiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ral
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
^^ that connecting part would be too big to fit there. I didnt recieve anything to connect CAI to grill air inlet. And instructions didnt even mention installing that part.

I took a pic of eveything i received to send to a couple of friends before install and the air inlet was not there.
20200502_134145.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cobrakit

Cobrakit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PREMIUM PP1
Mine came with one as well. It snaps on to airbox. Looks like Big Mouth piece.

Sponsored

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
FF0415F1-DBDE-4FA7-984F-1110D0BEDFB8.jpeg
This is how these particular components were packaged.
See i knew it was missing. Wonder why so many people didnt get one. Someone messed up big time. Ford performance is gonna get a bunch of calls.

Rpinaiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ral
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Yeah ^^ i didn't get one. I hope they will send me one without any trouble. I didnt even notice. Darn.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Yeah ^^ i didn't get one. I hope they will send me one without any trouble. I didnt even notice. Darn.
Yeah they gonna have to fix this and send out the inlets. 49 degrees out and my cars just sucking hot engine air..
20200509_124015.jpg

andrewzander

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
It's unfortunate so many people appear to have issues with this kit. I'm glad I didn't buy one yet... I hope this gets sorted out soon.
Sponsored