Sponsored

18+ GT Performance Tune Pac

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Ok had mine installed this morning. Here is some information on it.

The dealer told me last week when I made the appointment they would register it, but then Dave brought up a point about future updates.
I registered mine myself last night. It was very easy. Install the Procal 4 software and updates after registering, take it to the car, plug it in and it downloads the stock tune. After that plug the Procal into the laptop again and it uploads the stock file then downloads the new tune.

Dealer took an hour and a half to install. I already had a lot ready to go for them. I had the engine cover off and my sound tube was already gone. I also had a non tuned Roush intake, not the stock.

Price was $210 with a 15% coupon I had.

I haven't really driven it much yet. I'm taking it on a trip tomorrow so I'll have more use, but from what I have driven I can tell you there is a increase in torque for sure. Not a huge difference, but enough to notice. Can't say about hp yet. Shifts are smooter. Much smooter. I can drive in normal mode now and not complain. Throttle response is of course better. Honestly this is how stock should have came from the factory. I'm sure it will get better after driving it for a week or 2.

IAT's are consistant. I have a Cervini ram air hood and the intake actually fits the duct well. My hood is slightly raised a bit, but nothing extreme. With the Roush intake there was a massive gap.
With the Rosuh intake I would see IAT's climb very high in traffic. Up to 160 on a 90 degree day. Moving, it would drop to about 95 degrees.
With this intake I seem to stay consistant at 100 so far. It did go up a bit at a light, but didn't climb quick like the Roush did.
It was about the same with the original stock intake.
I did swap the stock filter out with a better one after I got home.
So far though I'm happy with it for being able to still have a warranty.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Cody5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Performance Pack
Ok had mine installed this morning. Here is some information on it.

The dealer told me last week when I made the appointment they would register it, but then Dave brought up a point about future updates.
I registered mine myself last night. It was very easy. Install the Procal 4 software and updates after registering, take it to the car, plug it in and it downloads the stock tune. After that plug the Procal into the laptop again and it uploads the stock file then downloads the new tune.

Dealer took an hour and a half to install. I already had a lot ready to go for them. I had the engine cover off and my sound tube was already gone. I also had a non tuned Roush intake, not the stock.

Price was $210 with a 15% coupon I had.

I haven't really driven it much yet. I'm taking it on a trip tomorrow so I'll have more use, but from what I have driven I can tell you there is a increase in torque for sure. Not a huge difference, but enough to notice. Can't say about hp yet. Shifts are smooter. Much smooter. I can drive in normal mode now and not complain. Throttle response is of course better. Honestly this is how stock should have came from the factory. I'm sure it will get better after driving it for a week or 2.

IAT's are consistant. I have a Cervini ram air hood and the intake actually fits the duct well. My hood is slightly raised a bit, but nothing extreme. With the Roush intake there was a massive gap.
With the Rosuh intake I would see IAT's climb very high in traffic. Up to 160 on a 90 degree day. Moving, it would drop to about 95 degrees.
With this intake I seem to stay consistant at 100 so far. It did go up a bit at a light, but didn't climb quick like the Roush did.
It was about the same with the original stock intake.
I did swap the stock filter out with a better one after I got home.
So far though I'm happy with it for being able to still have a warranty.
So how’s track mode compared to stock?

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Haven't had a chance to use it yet. Only used normal and sport plus so far. Sport plus would always hang in low gears. Doesn't do that now.

bigmac5166

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT MT-82
Vehicle Showcase
Really excited to get this kit installed! Reading some of the first impressions, it looks to be exactly what I'm looking for. Shouldn't have cancelled my order back in June :headbang:, but looks like the wait won't be quite as long now. Looks like I'll be doing it myself as all the dealers around me want $500.

Rpinaiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ral
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Really excited to get this kit installed! Reading some of the first impressions, it looks to be exactly what I'm looking for. Shouldn't have cancelled my order back in June :headbang:, but looks like the wait won't be quite as long now. Looks like I'll be doing it myself as all the dealers around me want $500.
You would have had to wait anyway. So it's all good. I also installed myself.

Sponsored

bigmac5166

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT MT-82
Vehicle Showcase
You would have had to wait anyway. So it's all good. I also installed myself.
How was the install? I apologize if you detailed that experience already and I missed it. I already have my sound tube out and I hear thats the worst part.

OP
OP
Cobrakit

Cobrakit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PREMIUM PP1
Supposedly the new kits have the improved vacuum fitting and pcv hose. Can anyone confirm? This is an easy install, but then i had already trashed my engine cover.

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Supposedly the new kits have the improved vacuum fitting and pcv hose. Can anyone confirm? This is an easy install, but then i had already trashed my engine cover.
I would say yes. Everything is solid. Still have to cut the cover though. The pcv hose they give you seems to be the same cheap plastic hoses that Ford puts on.

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
How was the install? I apologize if you detailed that experience already and I missed it. I already have my sound tube out and I hear thats the worst part.
The install on this is a piece of cake. The throttle body is just bolted on. Old one comes off, new one goes on. Cold air intake is one of the easiest things to put in. The tune is just connecting the procal to your pc and car and pressing a couple things on the screen.
I could have installed everything in 30 minutes, but wanted the warranty.
If you do it yourself you won't get the warranty unless you have connections with an ASE mechanic. If I was going to toss my warranty out I would have went with a Lund tune.

Cody5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Performance Pack
I would say yes. Everything is solid. Still have to cut the cover though. The pcv hose they give you seems to be the same cheap plastic hoses that Ford puts on.
Could a guy get away without cutting the cover?

Sponsored

Rpinaiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ral
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Yeah @bigmac5166 as needforgreen says the install is not complicated just take your time. The sound tube I took off way before this kit. I just straight up pulled on it hard and the plastic breaks at the firewall. Lol. I didn't mess with trying to get those screw/nuts out. Never going to use again anyway. ALSO be careful when bolting in the new throttle body the supplied screws are weak. It's like 7 lbs torque to tighten I believe. Just use your hand. I used a torque wrench and I guess I didnt set right because I broke a screw. Just go to lowes and buy another one, they have them there if it happens. Also, the cold air intake tube and throttle body dont line up perfect. You ve got to finger f---k it a little. It might go on slightly crooked but that's fine. I found it easier to align the tube first to throttle body then to intake part. There are screws holding tube into box you can loosen. IF you have a JLT Oil separator on passenger side it will be tight. And those things get HOT. But I made a solution back at first round of kits. Reverse the two hoses, there are nuts that hold them to can, in other words switch the long hose with short hose and that makes plenty of room for the JLT. It will be a little slanted but if you change it out regularly you wont have a problem.

Dans18GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Cutting the cover isn't fun. I had the idea to try and make it look more factory rather than, "oops, we need to notch the cover so it fits". It turned out ok but a dremel wasn't as easy as I thought it would be.
20200523_130549_HDR(1).jpg

Rpinaiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ral
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
^^ that's looks really good. If I put the engine cover back on i am going to do that as well. Looks cleaner.

Dans18GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
^^ that's looks really good. If I put the engine cover back on i am going to do that as well. Looks cleaner.
Thanks.
The material is really *melty* (if that makes sense) with the dremel. I ended up block sanding the edge to clean it up after I finally got it cut.
Sponsored