Sponsored

'16 Camaro Reviews are starting to hit the sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdnt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15GT/PP RubyRed
I cant help but laugh at all the trolls who are coming to a Ford Mustang forum to talk sh**. I thought you guys needed to open up your Kool-Aid stands to raise money to buy your Clownmaros.
its only cuz the camaro6 forums are dead, theres hardly any talk or hype going on with the new camaro. The few gmfanbois come to the mustang forums to try to justify thier purchase. Most all these fanbois posting are not racers... even say they wont drag them. They are holding onto mag numbers like they are the "I Win" button. Go to the strip and see what your mag numbers mean. Ive lined up to too many high hp cars and seen headlights in my rearview to think the current camaro is a game changer. If they want to brag they are so fast, take it to the track and let them try to prove it!

505STANG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 5.0
Let's put it like this.... Invoice to msrp is right at 1000.

They weren't made to be profit makers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Say what ever makes you feel better, but at 55k from 75k is a huge decrease in price. The notion that Chevy wasn't planning on making a profit with the car is absurd.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Yep, I've seen many a 12 second car run 13s or 14s at the strip. ;)

505STANG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 5.0
its only cuz the camaro6 forums are dead, theres hardly any talk or hype going on with the new camaro. The few gmfanbois come to the mustang forums to try to justify thier purchase. Most all these fanbois posting are not racers... even say they wont drag them. They are holding onto mag numbers like they are the "I Win" button. Go to the strip and see what your mag numbers mean. Ive lined up to too many high hp cars and seen headlights in my rearview to think the current camaro is a game changer. If they want to brag they are so fast, take it to the track and let them try to prove it!
Speaking of camaro6. Does anyone have pre order numbers for the 6th gen? this can determine how much interest it has.

Sponsored

mdnt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15GT/PP RubyRed
can just look at the activity there, last year at this time this forum was seething in anticipation. This year c6 forum is nearly dead on the month of release to buyers.

Big Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6
Yep, I've seen many a 12 second car run 13s or 14s at the strip. ;)
There are a lot of fast cars out there that are in desperate need of the driver mod. I remember one day taking my 2004 Mustang GT to the dragstrip and there was a GTO club at the track that day. I did not lose to one LS2 GTO all day. Was it because my car was faster, hell no it was because those guys couldn't drive to save their lives lol.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
There are a lot of fast cars out there that are in desperate need of the driver mod. I remember one day taking my 2004 Mustang GT to the dragstrip and there was a GTO club at the track that day. I did not lose to one LS2 GTO all day. Was it because my car was faster, hell no it was because those guys couldn't drive to save their lives lol.
Most people cant drag race to save their lives. Its hilarious, f'ing hilarious.

Dat37tho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 64A
Most people cant drag race to save their lives. Its hilarious, f'ing hilarious.
And that's what most people try to do when racing in the streets, which makes it even more funny than it is

pietran30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Slightly off topic but serious question... Why do you guys care so much about sales figures? I swear I'm not trolling. For me personally, I want the car I buy to sell as little as possible, while still selling enough that the car stays in production. If my car sells like Honda civics, and everyone has one, it loses some of its cool factor. Just my 2 cents...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sponsored

505STANG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 5.0
Slightly off topic but serious question... Why do you guys care so much about sales figures? I swear I'm not trolling. For me personally, I want the car I buy to sell as little as possible, while still selling enough that the car stays in production. If my car sells like Honda civics, and everyone has one, it loses some of its cool factor. Just my 2 cents...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Well, When it's all said and done the sales are what really matter. People Vote with their wallets. I am glad that there is competition however, I have issues with trolls who come in this forum and try and convince us our cars are trash and because they think performance is all that matters in a Vehicle.
I remember Camaro Fanboys rubbing in the fact that the Camaro was on top sales wise. I can understand your confusion as you own a Dodge, By the way i see challengers everywhere even though they don't even come close to the Stang sales wise.:ford:

SweetSS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars

Currently on camaro6.com there are 1786 people browsing their forum.

On mustang6g.com there are 698 people browsing this forum.

You like to use thePill line of facts I guess.

OP
OP
Spartan

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
The advantage goes back and forth between Camaro and Mustang. At least the Stang has lost the solid axle. I problem I see for Mustang owners is now that the Camaro is clearly on top in the performance catagory, you're gonna need to pin your hopes on the GT350 and GT500. Good luck finding one. The Chevy guys, on the other hand, can go into any dealer and get a Z28 or ZL1 below MSRP. Chevy has clearly won this round. The Caddie ATS-V will smoge the current Stang AND give you a beautiful ride.
Don't agree. I personally think Ford held a few surprised back for the '17 to counter whatever Chevy did. I have faith in Ford that they are going to deliver on the '17 in spades.

SweetSS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars
Yup, The only way they can sell them is at a loss, LOLOLOLOL:lol:
This is whats going to happen to the 6th gen too. Get your popcorn ready!!:popcorn:
Arent you the one touting how much cheaper you can get a GT for? Which argument are you flip flopping on. Getting a good car for cheaper or not?

Memphis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS
Say what ever makes you feel better, but at 55k from 75k is a huge decrease in price. The notion that Chevy wasn't planning on making a profit with the car is absurd.

A 1000 dollar markup on a 76k car is not a profit car. Period.

A 6 grand markup in a corvette z06 is.

Major difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.