Sponsored

'16 Camaro Reviews are starting to hit the sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davy_Baby9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CRD
3,672 lb for the SS Motor Trend tested which was a base 1SS, it didn't even have MRC. Very impressive!

OP
OP
Spartan

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
3,672 lb for the SS Motor Trend tested which was a base 1SS, it didn't even have MRC. Very impressive!
Yah just read that one..and saw that...very impressive indeed... Also reading visibility is IMPROVED...that's impressive also.

3,672 pounds - 1SS with NPP - Motor Trend
3,760 pounds - 2SS, NPP, MRC, Sunroof? - Car And Driver

Second one is an auto.

The fact of the matter is that the long side windows and mirrors do a good job minimizing blind spots. We tried to find a car that would be small enough to disappear behind the car’s C-pillar in the neighboring lane and not turn up in the mirrors, but couldn’t come up with any examples that did. Check your rearview, check your side mirror, change lanes, no problem
Best of all, the new platform has allowed Chevy engineers to vastly improve the visibility out from the cabin. The view inside is pretty good, too, with a much more refined interior.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Spartan

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Yah that's some impressive stuff in that article. Looks like they didn't like the visibility. So that's 2 for 1 against. The rest of their review was pretty good on it..sounds like its a damn nice car.

But we’re getting ahead of ourselves. That styling, with its narrow slits for side windows, fat C-pillar, and short rear glass, has, indeed, done nothing to improve the outward visibility in this new car. It is abysmal. We adjusted to it, partly by trying not to back into parking spots and accelerating hard before performing lane changes just to clear some room. Adjust your mirrors carefully. The interior of the Ford Mustang feels ballroom-spacious by comparison.
Though Automobile was fine with it

Sitting in the driver’s seat, no longer do you feel as though you’re peering through a welding mask’s narrow porthole. The new Camaro is conspicuously airy, with far better visibility to the front and corners; cowl height (where the windshield meets the hood) has dropped by almost 1.6 inches—a massive and long-needed improvement.
Reading all these reviews so far this Camaro is getting stellar reviews. Want to see that R&T comparison article they hinted at is coming.

Mustang will respond with their own NPP, 10 speed, maybe digital cluster like in F-150 and probably a HP boost along with possibly the aluminum trunk/decklid.

Last edited:

Nasty99z28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 z28 with full bolt-ons and a mwc fab9
All ringers!!! No way they could run that quick,stop that short and weigh so little. God I hope someone that's "in the know" will chime in and explain how this happened.

OP
OP
Spartan

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
All ringers!!! No way they could run that quick,stop that short and weigh so little. God I hope someone that's "in the know" will chime in and explain how this happened.
Different platform and different set up underneath with the bracing, etc. It's real dude. Been discussed to death in the vs thread that was locked.

Gryphon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
0-60 in 3.9 seconds...

Guys, I am having a serious case of 'I bought the wrong car'...

Youngmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt DIB
I'll keep my gt. I never liked the look of the camaro. The front is okay and aggressive but the rear looks terrible. I'll give Chevy props, they built a better performing car. Ford will respond. We will never keep up with the latest and greatest. Enjoy your car, and At least we got the looks.

Reactions: 113

Sponsored

Gryphon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I'll keep my gt. I never liked the look of the camaro. The front is okay and aggressive but the rear looks terrible. I'll give Chevy props, they built a better performing car. Ford will respond. We will never keep up with the latest and greatest. Enjoy your car, and At least we got the looks.
Yeah I guess it's like buying a computer, phone or TV... There's always a 'next model' right around the corner. At some point you just have to plop down and decide to buy, or you'll eternally be holding out for the next one, or the one after that...

My concern is that the Camaro's amazing performance will provoke Ford to pull a 2011 and render my 2016 the 'bum year'. But, that was always going to be a risk.

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
Different platform and different set up underneath with the bracing, etc. It's real dude. Been discussed to death in the vs thread that was locked.
He's being sarcastic and not so subtly calling out a certain person who can be considered by some to be "hard to swallow"

-T

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
Ford needs to respond in a big way! 350hp 2.3 for starters. 340hp 3.5 V-6. 5.2 cpc V-8 and do not use the Euro spec exhaust. Throw in a 3.5 TT as a special trim that is a alternative to the V-8. The 2.7 TT should be a option to replace the four cylinder. Ford has options, they just need to use them.....SOON!

Youngmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt DIB
Oh and I forgot. :popcorn:

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
3.9 seconds from Car and Driver.......This Base Camaro just might have a chance of beating the GT 350 after all.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.