Sponsored

'13-14 gt500 intercooler pump

Dsquared

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP LB
Anyone here who has installed the VMP dual fan heat exchanger and also gone from the Bosch intercooler pump to the '13-'14 GT500 intercooler pump on their 15-17? If so, can you give me your impressions? From what I'm reading the flow rate is considerably higher. VMP also recommends moving the pump to the drivers side for fitment reasons, and sells an install kit w/ longer harness. I'm guessing there will be some reworking of hoses as well? Just trying to get an idea of what all is involved and if it's worth the upgrade.
Sponsored

808muscle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Whipple, 2006 GT Blown and cammed
I did this upgrade on my 06GT bracket car. That pump moves WAY more fluid. I ordered all the parts via Tasca. Steve I think is his name there and he just put together a kit for me. I did this a dew years ago, so details are kinda sketchy in my mind. LOL

stanger1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2013 Shelby GT500-Sold, 2017 Roush RS3
I have a 17 RS3 and when I did my VMP Triple Heat Exchanger, yes, I did move the Roush location of the pump from the passenger side over to the drivers side, like VMP recommends.
It did eliminate about 4 feet of hose and now the pump shoots directly into the lower inlet of the heat Exchanger with only about 1.5 or less feet of hose.
I have since, also upgraded the pump, which is suppose to be a 30% increase from the stock pump.
The system is working very well now. IAT2's are running about 25 degrees above ambient.
Sponsored