Sponsored

'

Shelby owners: how do you treat your non-Shelby cousins? Non-Shelby owners: how do they react?

• Total voters

Mikthehun1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'
'
Sponsored

Last edited:

RCrumb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350 Tech Pkg
In all seriousness, if your a true Mustang person it doesn't matter what type, age, creed or color, we're a community of like minds. I started with an 06 GT vert and am now fortunate enough to be able to afford GT350, and I appreciate that fact every day. The old miserable bastard LOL

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I was in New Jersey for Father’s Day last month and approached a new Ford GT on a local street in Old Bridge. After getting over the shock of seeing one of the beauties in the wild I slowed and waved. He waved back and I gave him a thumbs up. I find most owners of high performance cars acknowledge each other’s regardless of brand. I’ve gotten waves from Shelby’s as well

Smokey613

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Race Red
Vehicle Showcase
Just last week, one of my neighbors had his Corvette out wiping it down. We were coming back from the clubhouse with the top down. I yelled I like that Vette and he replied I like that Mustang. Real car guys appreciate a nice ride regardless of all the brand banter.

Blue Horse

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
...bartender screams and jumps out of the way.

Seriously though, I've been noticing that Shelby owners around here won't even acknowledge that I exist. I'm just trying to give a friendly wave or thumbs up, with zero response. I had a guy on the highway look over, and look right back. I've had friendly interactions with Corvettes, Challengers, Camaros, Porsches, BMWs, you name it. What's the deal with the Shelby?
I am just an S197 GT Mustang owner,and I don't acknowledge any S550 owners.I wave at 1964 1/2--to 2014 Shelbys included.

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I think the gt350 owners around me are awesome. They always wanna race in heavy traffic.:crazy:

Sponsored

Blue Horse

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
That's too bad, I acknowledge all performance cars. We're a dying breed in a sea of soccer mom SUVs.

You might be right :crackup:! Or it could be the area.
How can you even consider a 4 Banger Eco Boost Mustang a PERFORMANCE car,and that is what 95% of them are running around on the streets.You are right though with saying we are a dying breed,the slowmaro is going away,the Mustang went with the ugly Euro look, and it's A10 and Coyote engine problems in 2018/19,along with the $$ jack up,the only one that might be left standing is the Challenger,and I still give them a thumb's up when I see them,sharp looking AMERICAN car.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
There's plenty of Shelby snobbery/douchebaggery out there.

I really saw a lot of it when I owned my '07 GT500, and it was a real turnoff to me. I'm more apt to be drawn to a tastefully modded lesser model with an enthusiastic owner at an event than a bone stock Shelby owned by some wanker that thinks his shit doesn't stink.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
1. Because it is.
2. The s550 looks damn good, I get compliments from old head Mustang fans all the time.
3. Stop watching youtube, it'll warp your mind.
4. I can agree with that at least. The Challenger is a beautiful car.
You beat me too it.
Come on Blue, really do not need the negativity. There are many levels of performance. My 15 EB was definitely a performance car. Maybe not compared to my GT but in its class it was a burner.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I am just an S197 GT Mustang owner,and I don't acknowledge any S550 owners.I wave at 1964 1/2--to 2014 Shelbys included.
You seem like you have been slighted in some way. I took a look at some of your past posts and all of the ones I read, you had something negative to say. Looking at your first two posts......your prognostication did not come true. Is that what you are sore at with regards to the s550?

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
How can you even consider a 4 Banger Eco Boost Mustang a PERFORMANCE car,and that is what 95% of them are running around on the streets.You are right though with saying we are a dying breed,the slowmaro is going away,the Mustang went with the ugly Euro look, and it's A10 and Coyote engine problems in 2018/19,along with the $$ jack up,the only one that might be left standing is the Challenger,and I still give them a thumb's up when I see them,sharp looking AMERICAN car.
I guess you really don't wave to all Mustangs from 1964-2014.....The S550 is not the first year to use a "4 banger". What else do you want to say that maybe isn't quite all true?
Sponsored