Sponsored

12" LCD Digital Instrument Cluster Standard?

taylor.crandall1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Is the 12" LCD Digital Instrument Cluster standard on the Mach 1 regardless if you get the 'base' Mach 1 or Premium?
Sponsored

P.C

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2021 Iconic Silver Mach 1 Chassis M2290

FlatRock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N0404
Unfortunately yes, I was really hoping the 600A would have analog gauges, maybe even with a classic font like the last Mach 1 did. Not a big fan of the digital cluster for a variety of reasons, primarily because it’s just more unnecessary tech IMO.

Dmustang82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue
Unfortunately yes, I was really hoping the 600A would have analog gauges, maybe even with a classic font like the last Mach 1 did. Not a big fan of the digital cluster for a variety of reasons, primarily because it’s just more unnecessary tech IMO.
I agree with this 100%. I think it is just more things to go wrong with the car, especially if you want to keep it long-term.

sakman84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Premium. 6MT, Blue, upgraded wheels
Couldn't agree more.

Sponsored

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
The new digital cluster is gorgeous if you ask me, tremendous improvement :) More tech doesn't matter, new cars are riddled with tech everywhere. The possibilities of this digital cluster are impressive to say the least.

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
The new digital cluster is gorgeous if you ask me, tremendous improvement :) More tech doesn't matter, new cars are riddled with tech everywhere. The possibilities of this digital cluster are impressive to say the least.
Partially disagree (and I have the digital cluster). It's one more costly thing that can break. If you compare it to Audi/VW etc. that can show the entire nav map, it is not that advanced. Don't get me wrong, I do like it. However, with these "retro" specialty edition Mustangs, I think Ford should give people the option to chose.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Ford needs to remember that last big "retro"

2 seater blunder bird ..

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
Ford is always somewhat lagging in this aspect, premium European cars are frontrunners for new tech, guess the high competition makes them strive for more harder. You have HUD and whatnot in premium cars, sure, but they're lot more costly too. Actually I think this digital cluster is retro enough for this kind of car. Design is great and function too. It's 2021 so things can't always linger in the past. Mustang caught up a lot to European cars in S550 with handling on the road and quality of interior and overall quality. I guess when they wanted to max it out and not give Mach 1 many options, they considered this a clear choice.

Compare that to Mach E and it makes me wanna puke. Especially the middle display, lol. If that's the future than I'm glad for 2021 S550 retro 😁

Any stuff can brake on the car. I did two complete engine repairs in last 2 years on 9 and 10 year old cars so I know well. But sometimes it's just too cool not to have it despite the cost :like:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I agree with this 100%. I think it is just more things to go wrong with the car, especially if you want to keep it long-term.
Those who are planning on keeping their cars past the warranty period should consider the Ford ESP extended warranty. There's a lot more to go wrong than just the dash. And it will be covered just in case.

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
This.

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
The analog gauges aren't mechanical gauges like you'd put into an older car, they are just a stepper motor controlling a dial indicator that is all driven by a processor receiving commands over the CAN bus. Basically, behind the face the digital cluster and the analog cluster work the same way so there isn't actually more stuff to go wrong. If you want to go back to rudimentary simplicity you'll have to put that Coyote into a Factory Five roadster.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
The analog gauges aren't mechanical gauges like you'd put into an older car, they are just a stepper motor controlling a dial indicator that is all driven by a processor receiving commands over the CAN bus. Basically, behind the face the digital cluster and the analog cluster work the same way so there isn't actually more stuff to go wrong. If you want to go back to rudimentary simplicity you'll have to put that 521" BBF into a Factory Five roadster.
True, and fixed.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Food for thought for all the people who don’t like the digital gauges...

Both the digital and “analog” gauges are electronic gauges. However, on the “analog” gauges, there’s more pieces to fail, whereas the digital cluster just has 1 screen, not multiple pieces. So really, the digital cluster just means LESS electronic parts that can fail

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Dang, just saw someone posted pretty much the same thing lol
Sponsored