10R80 calibration or mechanical issue?

Gregory347

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 PP1, 1987 Buick Grand National, 1985 Mustang
PP1 car Lund tuned. Always drove in D and shifts were fast and crisp and never noticed skip shifts. None of the drive modes worked. I asked a few times and never got a good answer so I just dropped it since calibration was good. Had clutches in trans done and also installed Gesi sport cats. So some changes were made to the tune for the cats. Now having trans calibration issues. In D shifts are soft and slow at part throttle and skip shifts are now noticeable to the point of annoyance. Now my drive modes work and in sport+ the shifts are very good and in S the trans feels like it did in D. Lund is saying there were no changes to the trans calibration. They are pointing the finger at the trans build. Its odd that in S which Lund doesn't touch the trans shifts fine but in D which is Lund tuned the shifts suck. They want money to check logs and are persistent in saying that there is no trans calibration issue. Its the same calibration in thousands of 10R80 cars with no issues. "Its not the tunes fault". Gave me an LOL when I said modes didn't work and now they do. Saying it doesn't make sense. Any ideas besides switching tuners?
Sponsored

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
Are you sure they don't touch S? My Lund tuned A10 shifts at WOT in S mode and I don't think they come that way.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
PP1 car Lund tuned. Always drove in D and shifts were fast and crisp and never noticed skip shifts. None of the drive modes worked. I asked a few times and never got a good answer so I just dropped it since calibration was good. Had clutches in trans done and also installed Gesi sport cats. So some changes were made to the tune for the cats. Now having trans calibration issues. In D shifts are soft and slow at part throttle and skip shifts are now noticeable to the point of annoyance. Now my drive modes work and in sport+ the shifts are very good and in S the trans feels like it did in D. Lund is saying there were no changes to the trans calibration. They are pointing the finger at the trans build. Its odd that in S which Lund doesn't touch the trans shifts fine but in D which is Lund tuned the shifts suck. They want money to check logs and are persistent in saying that there is no trans calibration issue. Its the same calibration in thousands of 10R80 cars with no issues. "Its not the tunes fault". Gave me an LOL when I said modes didn't work and now they do. Saying it doesn't make sense. Any ideas besides switching tuners?
When you did the work for the trans, did you also do the crank relearn process?
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...s-weird-hesitation.125119/page-2#post-2679084

It’s mandatory to do anytime major engine or trans work is performed on the S550.

OP
OP

Gregory347

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Are you sure they don't touch S? My Lund tuned A10 shifts at WOT in S mode and I don't think they come that way.
Yes… asked more than once because S mode is where I get my best shifts….
Actually feels like D used to….. I was repeatedly told no changes to S mode…

OP
OP

Gregory347

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)