Sponsored

10K update

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I don't want the battery getting discharged after shutting the engine off, and neither the car snooping on me:devil: . Much rather do it with a USB, like I've done with both the F-150, and the Bullitt (for Sync 3.4 and maps 1.19). I already got the hang of it :). So no Wi-Fi, HotSpot, or FordPass for me. My home Wi-Fi and iPhone provide enough intrusion. Ha ha... although I have 'location services' disabled 99% of the time, and always turn off most apps when not in use.
Sponsored

Last edited:

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I would say the car will shut itself down before allowing an automatic update to kill it. Heck, it shuts itself down when you try to do an update that will drain the battery. I'm really surprised that some people have wifi at all, due to being paranoid about everything..but yet they use ATM, banking etc. I really dont't believe the Ford Pass App is snooping in a manner that would call the authorities to check on your activities. But hey we all have different ideas.

Usmc341

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullit
I don't want the battery getting discharged after shutting the engine off, and neither the car snooping on me:devil: . Much rather do it with a USB, like I've done with both the F-150, and the Bullitt (for Sync 3.4 and maps 1.19). I already got the hang of it :). So no Wi-Fi, HotSpot, or FordPass for me. My home Wi-Fi and iPhone provide enough intrusion. Ha ha... although I have 'location services' disabled 99% of the time, and always turn off most apps when not in use.
Gotcha. Reminds me of the saying "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get me" :-)

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I have nothing to hide, but I only use technology when I need it. I need Wi-Fi in my house, so zero issues with that. But crap I don't need, like FordPass, or my car connecting to Wi-Fi by itself, no thank you. If you're so lazy that can't even update Sync or maps with a USB stick, all the power to you. So don't call us paranoid, lazy man. Ha ha. To each his own man, so leave people alone :).

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Yep, 2020 US Bullitts have it too... along with a $1K gas guzzler tax, so it's an expensive modem. Ha ha.
Totally agree with you, that's why I opted for 2019 instead of 2020 this year in Feb 2020 (which now thanks to covid feels like a century ago).
Does yours actually update in the app? Mine's a daily driver and last update shows from like a week ago.

Sponsored

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I have nothing to hide, but I only use technology when I need it. I need Wi-Fi in my house, so zero issues with that. But crap I don't need, like FordPass, or my car connecting to Wi-Fi by itself, no thank you. If you're so lazy that can't even update Sync or maps with a USB stick, all the power to you. So don't call us paranoid, lazy man. Ha ha. To each his own man, so leave people alone :).
Man, Elp_jc, those are some of the softest shots fired. :D Meaning you're so polite about it. But, from what I remember from your other posts (I'm not stalking you I promise), that's how you roll...

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
At first I thought he was referring to me but he said lazy man... So that definitely leaves me out. 30 years in the military and now working to protect the average citizen would not fit the lazy model. He does have a way of saying things though.
Sponsored