Sponsored

10 quarts of oil??

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Thanks to the new composite oil pan that 'tricked down' from the GT 350.
Sponsored

65 stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 gt 6 speed p/p premium r/r 65 hardtop 289
My first car without a oil pan drain plug that's metal, little weird pulling that half twist plastic drain thing.

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
So, this mean the 18s have a bigger oil pan like the GT350?
The 350s take 10 qtrs right?

Sponsored

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
10 quarts :eyebulge:......... it's a conspiracy between Ford, and the oil companies to pick our bones dry. :D

AXO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt, Ruby Red Metallic, Premium, PP, 401a
Anybody get their oil changed at Ford's Express Service? Since I don't have a lift, I dont mind paying to get my oil changed. Plus it will be part of my service records.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
My car had 29 miles on it at delivery. It had a paper checklist on the steering wheel that it was pulled and track tested. I often wonder how it was driven. It runs like a beast.

saltydogg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium convertible - 401A, 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Anybody get their oil changed at Ford's Express Service? Since I don't have a lift, I dont mind paying to get my oil changed. Plus it will be part of my service records.
I got my first oil change there 2 weeks ago at 5000 miles. I got the “works” package that includes the tire rotation. It was $80. The only thing that irritated me was about 500 miles later I realized he had reset my trip 2 counter which I had set right before driving off the lot. My plan was to keep that one for my lifetime hours and mpg. Other than that it was fine. They were quick about it (I made an appointment in advance) and polite.

Sponsored

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
I got my first oil change there 2 weeks ago at 5000 miles. I got the “works” package that includes the tire rotation. It was $80. The only thing that irritated me was about 500 miles later I realized he had reset my trip 2 counter which I had set right before driving off the lot. My plan was to keep that one for my lifetime hours and mpg. Other than that it was fine. They were quick about it (I made an appointment in advance) and polite.
My trip 1 is the same. Hours keeps going uo and mpg is trackrd fine BUT. It looks like it restarts at 0 when trip miles hit 10,000.

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
It does say 10qt somewhere in there.

Bluenosestang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rene
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang GT Magnetic A10 300A 3.55
Just had my first oil change (done at the dealer). Got home, parked the car and checked the dip stick the next morning. Well below the bottom hole on the dip stick. Checked dealer invoice and it said 8 litres. Called them up but unfortunately they were closed. Drove to closest place I could find semi synthetic 5w20 and filled it up. Asked the guys who worked at the shop I stopped at to checke their computer system for how much oil goes in the 2018 GT and sure enough they said 10 litres (quarts). So are the dealers still putting 2017 oil quantity instead of the new 10 litres needed in the 2018? They are going to get a piece of my mind come Monday morning!! If anything I want to make sure this does not happen to others. Check your oil level before you drive off after your oil change.

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
Just had my first oil change (done at the dealer). Got home, parked the car and checked the dip stick the next morning. Well below the bottom hole on the dip stick. Checked dealer invoice and it said 8 litres. Called them up but unfortunately they were closed. Drove to closest place I could find semi synthetic 5w20 and filled it up. Asked the guys who worked at the shop I stopped at to checke their computer system for how much oil goes in the 2018 GT and sure enough they said 10 litres (quarts). So are the dealers still putting 2017 oil quantity instead of the new 10 litres needed in the 2018? They are going to get a piece of my mind come Monday morning!! If anything I want to make sure this does not happen to others. Check your oil level before you drive off after your oil change.
Be careful trusting a dealer or any one else on an oil change! If I don't do it myself I have one mechanic I trust. You never know what they fill with or how much they put it or even if they changed the filter.

Top mechanics typically don't do this service unless they own the shop.
Sponsored