Sponsored

Update: 2019 Bullitt Mustang Order Banks Open, 480 Horsepower, Starts at $46,595 MSRP

Doobie083

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
None
I'm 35 and I'm as big of a Bullitt fan as anyone. Matt Maran the you-tube guy also is younger than me and is a major Bullitt fan.

There, now you know 2 folks who are younger than 40 and love the Bullitt brand.

People forget that more than the Bullitt pedigree, this vehicle is just so different than a regular GT: It's got more power, all the features, and most importantly it will SOUND amazing.

I'd pay extra just for the sound alone, and that's why I chose a Mustang in the first place rather than a Camaro.
3. I'm 34. :)
Sponsored

AC53

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
VW Touareg TDI, Lincoln MKZ, F-350 TD
Does 64 (soon to be 65) going on 12 count??? ;)

I really think there are no real age brackets for this car. Definitely, the 50-70 crowd will have grown up with more exposure to McQueen and Bullitt, but both are and have been, sufficiently iconic that they have crossed generations.

Besides, there are certain cars that just do it for some folks and not others regardless of age. Very much like Jazz or many other things, people of all ages appreciate something that speaks to them. For some it is the Mach1, for others, it is the Bullitt. While I liked the Mach1 when it came out and still do, as time went along, I became more interested in good handling cars that could make the most out of their power in all directions, not just a straight line. For that, today, you either go GT, Bullitt, GT-PP2, or the GT-350.

I've had high-performance race cars (took two National Class titles) and spent plenty of time on the track (racing, doing schools, instructing, and track days), so I don't want to spend the $80k-Cdn on the Shelby (30% more than the Bullitt in Canada) and the PP2 is more track oriented than I want. For me, the Bullitt is just right.

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
Does 64 (soon to be 65) going on 12 count??? ;)

I really think there are no real age brackets for this car. Definitely, the 50-70 crowd will have grown up with more exposure to McQueen and Bullitt, but both are and have been, sufficiently iconic that they have crossed generations.

Besides, there are certain cars that just do it for some folks and not others regardless of age. Very much like Jazz or many other things, people of all ages appreciate something that speaks to them. For some it is the Mach1, for others, it is the Bullitt. While I liked the Mach1 when it came out and still do, as time went along, I became more interested in good handling cars that could make the most out of their power in all directions, not just a straight line. For that, today, you either go GT, Bullitt, GT-PP2, or the GT-350.

I've had high-performance race cars (took two National Class titles) and spent plenty of time on the track (racing, doing schools, instructing, and track days), so I don't want to spend the $80k-Cdn on the Shelby (30% more than the Bullitt in Canada) and the PP2 is more track oriented than I want. For me, the Bullitt is just right.
Even though I fit into that 50-70 crowd and grew up with movies like Bullitt, Le Mans, Dirty Mary Crazy Larry, the original Italian Job...…..I like my cars to be wolves in sheep's clothing, and the Bullitt does that for me..... It's classy and fast...Probably nothing cooler on the road....

RemoWilliams84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt
Wish we knew what number we have since they don't match the vin apparently.

Sponsored

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Sweet! I was wondering if we would get to see a video of one on the line.

I see the caption says "first Bullitt" From what Matt has reported it would be number 167 off the line as the dash plaque is the production sequence and not related to the VIN.

Thanks for the post!

Last edited:

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Very cool footage but yeah the title is misleading. Unless they mis-matched footage (grabbed the dash plaque shot way later), that's definitely not the first car off the line. They've been rolling off for 2 weeks already and as the dash shows, it's the 167th one off the line.

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)

Tickdoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 bullitt
Wish I could get my dealer to text me back. Having allocation anxiety over here.

2YJoXwP.jpg

Sponsored

Cornbinder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT Velocity Blue (460 HP) '78 Lincoln (460 CID
What is the significance of the "K' on the dash plaque? What does it designate other than Production.

Global industry standard model year code for 2019 (K appears in all MY19 vehicles regardless of manufacturer as the tenth character in the VIN). As such, the dash plaque shows it was the 167th 2019 Bullitt. As "Bullitt" mentioned, this is probably just B-roll they shot the other day, as 166 more were build before this car was filmed.

PortalMaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Lexus IS300 AWD
A few orders are starting to show up in the dealer search. These are just a few going to MD, PA and NY. Second set are mostly for NJ and NY.
bullitt_orders.jpg
bullitt_orders2.jpg

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
Differences from Pre-Production

What is the Gonzabas on the Fan Housing that wasn’t there before?

Wonder if the 350s will use the new Upper Cold Air Intake Hood Seal, above the Foam in the Bullitt to replace the All Foam Insert on the 350?
0D4A7EA1-C14C-4CBD-958D-1B7DCAA7EE8A.jpeg
00C0E2C4-3C1B-4692-9EA8-0F3982890D22.jpeg

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
A few orders are starting to show up in the dealer search. These are just a few going to MD, PA and NY. Second set are mostly for NJ and NY.
Can you see whether they're shipped or does it not get that detailed? Trying to figure out if any Bullitts have actually shipped yet. Getting a little antsy now knowing my car is just sitting.

PortalMaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Lexus IS300 AWD
Can you see whether they're shipped or does it not get that detailed? Trying to figure out if any Bullitts have actually shipped yet. Getting a little antsy now knowing my car is just sitting.
None of those have shipped yet. The list was just showing some of the first dealers to have assigned stock orders with VIN #s. All still at the plant.

Retail/special orders are only viewable by the individual dealer/s who ordered the cars. So I wouldn't be able to see the status of your car if it was put in as a special order. Only your dealership can view and/or track the vehicle.
Sponsored