Update: 2019 Bullitt Mustang Order Banks Open, 480 Horsepower, Starts at $46,595 MSRP

Discussion in '2019-2020 Bullitt Mustang' started by tborah79, Mar 12, 2018.

1. tborah79

tborah79 Member

Vehicle(s):
    2018 GT350R Kona Blue JR125
    0   0   0
    #1 tborah79, Mar 12, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
    Admin Update

$46,595 MSRP pricing first discovered by Tony Alonso in this post.

P8K body code...500A pep code...

Only engine and trans showing is 990 - 5.0 and 44X - 6-spd

Colors showing:

B5 - Dark Highland
    G1 - Shadow Black
    L6 - Kona Blue Met

Interior showing:
    KG - Leather-trimmed Ebony w/Green
    SG - Recaro Leather Ebony w/Green
    5X - Leather seats midnight blue

Options showing:

21C - full veh cover
    67D - bullitt elec pk
    96B - magne-ride damp

2. Tony Alonso

Tony Alonso Super Moderator

Vehicle(s):
    '01 Bullitt, '09 Bullitt, '19 Bullitt
    0   0   0
    Has someone actually been able to place an order?

3. OP
    OP
    tborah79

tborah79 Member

Vehicle(s):
    2018 GT350R Kona Blue JR125
    0   0   0
    correction...it will accept the order...wont accept kona blue and manual is your only option right now

Bullitt likes this.
  4. Tony Alonso

Vehicle(s):
    0   0   0
    My salesperson keyed in the codes for DHG and standard leather ebony with green for the 500A equipment code and was able to at least save it. No pricing. I guess we will see what unfolds from here.

Bullitt likes this.
  5. Bullitt

Bullitt Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Matt
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Mustang Bullitt
    Rating:
    100%
    1   0   0
    I just texted my dealer to see if he could key this in too. Did yours go through Tony? We should get a DORA if so right?

6. Tony Alonso

Vehicle(s):
    0   0   0
    He said it saved. I did not get a DORA. He also had not set the priority number to something other than 99. He was going to "talk to his boss".

Bullitt likes this.
  7. Bullitt

First Name:
    Matt
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Mustang Bullitt
    Rating:
    100%
    1   0   0
    He should take care of you with at least a priority code 10 (highest a dealer can put through). Maybe they're unable to do that until Ford can actually accept the order.

8. Tony Alonso

Vehicle(s):
    0   0   0
    I believe that's why he did that. He basically was entering the number to get something in the system. And I definitely was expecting a 10!

Did your dealership respond yet?

9. Bullitt

First Name:
    Matt
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Mustang Bullitt
    Rating:
    100%
    1   0   0
    They can see it in the system and saved my configuration. He said it's giving him a "job 1 error". He also said the Electronics Package is actually labeled the Elite Package according to his configurator. So I guess I'm good? I'm just glad they were able to save the configurator. Hopefully it'll automatically get submitted once Ford opens the order banks? :shrug:

10. BigBeed

BigBeed Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2019 Premium GT 401a Performance Package 2
    0   0   0
    Does anyone have a good salesperson I can contact at Lebanon? I know they're a big mustang dealer. I just got off with the phone with a local dealer and they said they were only allocated 1 and it was taken already. They also said that there would only be 500 of them made, which we know isn't true and I want to deal with someone who has their facts straight.

11. Tony Alonso

Vehicle(s):
    0   0   0
    Sort of an anticlimactic ordering day! Regarding allocations, it is my opinion that isn't even known yet, especially given the way this has gone today.

12. Bullitt

First Name:
    Matt
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Mustang Bullitt
    Rating:
    100%
    1   0   0
    I’m working with Chandler at Lebanon Ford and he’s been great. They don’t know their allocation yet either though and right now are adding people to a waitlist until they know how many they’ll get. I was the first to reach out to them though so they know they’ll at least be able to put mine through.

BigBeed likes this.
  13. Tony Alonso

Vehicle(s):
    0   0   0
    Yeah, locally, we like Chandler :-)

14. BigBeed

Vehicle(s):
    0   0   0
    Thanks Matt. Just sent him an email through dealer rater.

15. DABKO

DABKO Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Greg
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 DHG Bullitt & 2001 DHG Bullitt
    0   0   0
    I am not sure how this special edition Mustang allocation works with the Ford Dealers and Ford. But one would think if a dealer has say 10+ people interested in buying a Bullitt from them, Ford and the dealer would figure out a way to accommodate those orders.

16. Bullitt

First Name:
    Matt
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Mustang Bullitt
    Rating:
    100%
    1   0   0
    Anything new this morning?

17. UAmach1

UAmach1 Bullitt Hopefull

Vehicle(s):
    Ford/INFINITI
    0   0   0
    Wow the silence on this thread is heartbreaking.

Dragula310 likes this.
  18. BigBeed

Vehicle(s):
    0   0   0
    I emailed Chandler, he got back to me, emailed back and I'm waiting on a reply. However a local dealer sent me this today via email.

We currently have not received any order information on the 2019 Bullitt We hope to get some information in the next coming weeks. The system does have the body and vehicle line however it will not allow the order to be processed or previewed. I have reached out to our local Ford Regional team and they are looking into when this will become available.

My guess is orders won't be able to be processed until the order guides are released?

19. Mustang1260

Mustang1260 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    David
    Vehicle(s):
    2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
    0   0   0
    #19 Mustang1260, Mar 13, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
    UAmach1- it is all cool.
    99% of the folks here do not know nor understand the Ford ordering system and allocation process. They seem to think it is like Amazon and anyone can just order. It simply doesnt work that way.

There are very strong reasons why Ford will not even accept customer Retail orders until after production has begun and QC tests met. Now everyone tries to bypass that issue (me included) by getting a friendly dealer to order a "stock" car that just happens to meet the buyers build with a wink wink. But still- Ford will only accept stock orders for months... thus if there are delays etc no one can complain---dealers dont complain about such things generally, doesnt get you in good with the Regional Zone Manager.

Same goes for pricing....Ford may not have finalized it yet.... no need to, no customer orders for months and dealers don't generally care on a limited car. And everyone needs to understand the earlier Bullitts undersold but Ford never did the media push like they have for the 19 so it is a new game to some extent.

This car will be limited and allocated. But id be surprised if Ford gives out the number. Both the 01 and 08/09s sold well Under their announced plans by over 1000 units. There is only so much of a market for green cars.

There are some 3000 dealerships.....with mega dealers getting more cars yeah there are gonna be small dealerships getting 1 or none. Heck some dealerships wont even Order--too limited of a market.

Ordering on day 1 dont mean shit. Your dealer priority code 10-99 generally dont mean shit. If your dealer is only getting 1 Bullitt then it doesnt matter if your a 10 or 99. That number only comes into play when Ford moves forward with that dealerships allocation. And as yours at "99" is the only order in the system for that dealership it gets built. The priority code only has value if the dealership has 2-3-8 cars on Order then Ford will build them in Priority Code Order set by that dealership. People seem to think that Priority Code 10 gets them a rushed car from Ford. Sorry, no. It only means that when Ford decides to build cars for that dealership it is the first car built for that dealership...it does not help move up thst allocation from Ford.

Most dealers do not even use code 10. why? Simple--what if the dealer needs a car sooner then later for a relative, special customer etc....they can slot that order in ahead of other stock/retail orders with their #1 slot.

Again if no ine is assigned 10-15 and your #16 then your number 1 at the dealership. Ford does not say....lets just build Priority Code 11 cars this week....simply just doesnt work that way.

On that point you order day 1 with a priority code 10 at the small dealer in town. While your buddy Bubba orders his a month later at the mega store 1 town over and is given a 57 priority code...guess what...Bubba may get his car months before you do if mega turns and burns a lot of cars and they get better allocation from Ford.

Again, Ford has 3000 dealers-- you had better believe there is a pecking order as all 3000 cannot be #1.

This is the short version....more detailed explainations exist on this forum as this issue comes up every model year, especially with the GT350s.

It appears that Ford is not fully up to speed with the 2019 Ordering banks---this should have been expected with the lack of an early leak of the 2019 ordering guide.

Pleasse excuse any typos or strange words- traveling and doing this on an ipad...

Edit-- as to Kona Blue. Several explainations and every's guess is valid. Ford may have thought of 3 colors like 01 and thus it is part of their data set....even if Ford later killed the idea. Or it could be that Ford is getting dealer feed back and considering adding the 3rd color (im a purist but dealers arent---they want color options, green is a limiting color) Or if this does go to 2 production yrs maybe black is replaced in 2020 with Kona blue to make a change for the market. Time will tell....

BrettT, White_GT_CS, btown93 and 2 others like this.
  20. Bullitt

First Name:
    Matt
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Mustang Bullitt
    Rating:
    100%
    1   0   0
    This is why I'm ordering my car from a mega dealership 4 hours away from me that's also only 3 hours from FRAP. The idea of stock orders being built before retail orders makes me want to do a stock order, but with the Bullitt seemingly going to be a "built to order" car anyway and my dealer being high on the pecking order, maybe a retail order would play out okay. Anyone with experience feel free to chime in. I wish the whole thing wasn't so complex.

White_GT_CS likes this.