Sponsored

Update: 2019 Bullitt Mustang Order Banks Open, 480 Horsepower, Starts at $46,595 MSRP

aileron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dick
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt K1191, '20 BMW X3 M40i, '17 BMW 440xi, '14 Ram truck...and 19 old Triumph motorcycles
Some dealers in the West are adding $20K ADM !! No one will ever pay that, but the dealer can use smoke & mirrors to say they are offering a $15K discount... and still pocket an extra 5 large.
Sponsored

AC53

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
VW Touareg TDI, Lincoln MKZ, F-350 TD
All those ads with 'get a quote' are going to be ADM cars, too.
No way you actually know that, so why add hype???

You may think that, but it isn't based on anything factual.

Plenty of dealers advertise "Get a Quote" because they will actually sell for less than MSRP but don't want to tip their hand in case someone is willing to pay very close to, at, or above MSRP. So such statements don't help anything here.

Do I wish Ford and others would require their dealer network to sell "at or below" MSRP? Absolutely. But they don't. So what we have is some selling at MSRP and some selling/asking above MSRP.

The old adage "A fool and his money are soon parted" holds true now more than ever. ADMs aren't caused by dealerships and anyone who gets pissed at the dealership needs to put their brain into gear before they get all bent out of shape.

ADMs are caused by buyers with more money than brains, or with enough money that they don't care they just want what they want whatever the cost. Either way, it is the buyers who are willing to pay more that have caused the situation.

Be honest. If I offered you 10k above market value for your current car would you say to me "No that's too much money, you only need to give me the market price"? I don't think so.

Let's get real about this ADM scare everyone is running around with. It is more a bunch of people running around in circles yelling "the sky is falling" than anything else.

Of the 24 2019 Bullitts listed by dealers on that site 10 appear to be at MSRP, 10 are "Get a Quote" and only 4 are showing above MSRP.

I'm certain that I'm not the brightest person on this Forum, but even I know enough to buy from one of the 1st 10 who is advertising at MSRP. The dealers that are listing at above MSRP will only sell to those who don't pay attention to things or look hard enough to find what is actually available.

Definitely, I dislike ADMs and wish they were outlawed, but it is the consumer that keeps them alive. If everyone refused to pay an ADM we wouldn't have this issue and we'd all be far better off for it. But place the blame where it belongs.

Look at what Ford did with their GT. They tried to keep speculators out by requiring that buyers not sell their GT for the first 24 months of ownership. When John Cena thought he and his lawyers were smart enough to weasel their way out of it and scam a few bucks by selling early Ford not only sued Cena successfully but also sued the dealership. Ford won against Cena and it has been reported that "Ford will now donate the proceeds to charity". No reports on how far along the case is against the dealership. This shows that at least Ford has tried to do the right thing, as much as they can within the confines of their agreements. It also shows that buyers of cars can be just as unscrupulous as car dealerships.

1966 2+2 289

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
supercharged V8 Jaguar
"don't get mad get even" Robert Kenedy

When the dealer told me he was going to put the BULLITT I ordered up for a live auction, I balked. He then offered to sell me the car with a $10,000 ADM. Integrity seems to be a foreign concept to this guy. So I went to another dealer 65 miles away and found a Red GT 350 at MSRP. I will pick up that car in two days. I think I will park it on the street in front of the first dealers store with a sign
"Don't pay dealer mark up- got this one for sticker price at The Ford Store Morgan Hill"
Then again I might just take off for a mountain road.

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
ADM

When the dealer told me he was going to put the BULLITT I ordered up for a live auction, I balked. He then offered to sell me the car with a $10,000 ADM. Integrity seems to be a foreign concept to this guy. So I went to another dealer 65 miles away and found a Red GT 350 at MSRP. I will pick up that car in two days. I think I will park it on the street in front of the first dealers store with a sign
"Don't pay dealer mark up- got this one for sticker price at The Ford Store Morgan Hill"
Then again I might just take off for a mountain road.
It would be cool if everyone bidding bid less than MSRP. They will probably start at MSRP though.

Sponsored

Allegro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2018 RC GT Premium
No way you actually know that, so why add hype???

You may think that, but it isn't based on anything factual.

Plenty of dealers advertise "Get a Quote" because they will actually sell for less than MSRP but don't want to tip their hand in case someone is willing to pay very close to, at, or above MSRP. So such statements don't help anything here.

Do I wish Ford and others would require their dealer network to sell "at or below" MSRP? Absolutely. But they don't. So what we have is some selling at MSRP and some selling/asking above MSRP.

The old adage "A fool and his money are soon parted" holds true now more than ever. ADMs aren't caused by dealerships and anyone who gets pissed at the dealership needs to put their brain into gear before they get all bent out of shape.

ADMs are caused by buyers with more money than brains, or with enough money that they don't care they just want what they want whatever the cost. Either way, it is the buyers who are willing to pay more that have caused the situation.

Be honest. If I offered you 10k above market value for your current car would you say to me "No that's too much money, you only need to give me the market price"? I don't think so.

Let's get real about this ADM scare everyone is running around with. It is more a bunch of people running around in circles yelling "the sky is falling" than anything else.

Of the 24 2019 Bullitts listed by dealers on that site 10 appear to be at MSRP, 10 are "Get a Quote" and only 4 are showing above MSRP.

I'm certain that I'm not the brightest person on this Forum, but even I know enough to buy from one of the 1st 10 who is advertising at MSRP. The dealers that are listing at above MSRP will only sell to those who don't pay attention to things or look hard enough to find what is actually available.

Definitely, I dislike ADMs and wish they were outlawed, but it is the consumer that keeps them alive. If everyone refused to pay an ADM we wouldn't have this issue and we'd all be far better off for it. But place the blame where it belongs.

Look at what Ford did with their GT. They tried to keep speculators out by requiring that buyers not sell their GT for the first 24 months of ownership. When John Cena thought he and his lawyers were smart enough to weasel their way out of it and scam a few bucks by selling early Ford not only sued Cena successfully but also sued the dealership. Ford won against Cena and it has been reported that "Ford will now donate the proceeds to charity". No reports on how far along the case is against the dealership. This shows that at least Ford has tried to do the right thing, as much as they can within the confines of their agreements. It also shows that buyers of cars can be just as unscrupulous as car dealerships.

Whoa! Sorry I set you off. Let me re-phrase my comment. MOST of those ads with 'get a quote' are going to be ADM cars. I haven't heard of any under MSRP Bullitt deals. If they were MSRP, they probably would be in that section. My experience in the specialty car world is that 'get a quote' usually means MSRP is out the window and you're dealing for the lowest ADM you can negotiate.

I went through the 2007 GT500 ADM nonsense. Paid $20K ADM. Totally agree with your comment on people who pay these. Dumbest thing I ever did and will never do again. Could have had a 2008 at MSRP within 7-8 months of my June 2007 delivery.

I assume your 'on order' Bullitt is an MSRP deal. Good for you. Hope your 'in transit' is shorter than my '18 GT Premium to B.C......46 days as of today!

McShackett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 GT/CS 08 Bullitt
Whoa! Sorry I set you off. Let me re-phrase my comment. MOST of those ads with 'get a quote' are going to be ADM cars. I haven't heard of any under MSRP Bullitt deals. If they were MSRP, they probably would be in that section. My experience in the specialty car world is that 'get a quote' usually means MSRP is out the window and you're dealing for the lowest ADM you can negotiate.

I went through the 2007 GT500 ADM nonsense. Paid $20K ADM. Totally agree with your comment on people who pay these. Dumbest thing I ever did and will never do again. Could have had a 2008 at MSRP within 7-8 months of my June 2007 delivery.

I assume your 'on order' Bullitt is an MSRP deal. Good for you. Hope your 'in transit' is shorter than my '18 GT Premium to B.C......46 days as of today!
At the start of a "limited run" there is always this hype. As you learned the hard way in 2007, if you want a car at or below MSRP, you can get one if you're willing to wait. I've seen it with GT500's, Boss LS's, GT350's, and it will surely happen with Bullitts. There will always be a couple people in a given area willing to pay more, but none of the Mustangs are so limited that you can't get one at sticker or below if you're willing to wait. I wanted a Bullitt ASAP, so I'm paying MSRP, but I wasn't willing to pay ADM. The ADMs will dry up as soon as some Bullitts start making it on to dealer lots.

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
In Transit!! :cheers:

AC53

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
... I went through the 2007 GT500 ADM nonsense. Paid $20K ADM. Totally agree with your comment on people who pay these. Dumbest thing I ever did and will never do again. Could have had a 2008 at MSRP within 7-8 months of my June 2007 delivery...
That's my point, it is us who create the opportunity for the dealers. If we're anxious enough for a car and have enough money, we can do things that create a lop-sided market. But dealers won't ask for an ADM if they think no one is willing to pay it. Definitely wish it weren't so, but it is human nature.

... I assume your 'on order' Bullitt is an MSRP deal. Good for you. Hope your 'in transit' is shorter than my '18 GT Premium to B.C......46 days as of today!
Yes, MSRP. The first day I heard about the car being made I went in with chequebook in hand to give them a $2,000 deposit.

My dealer didn't know if they had any allocation or anything so they started tracking info down at my request. Turns out they only had one (1) allocated. I wasn't going to try and beat them down when I know they'd likely not move so early on. That would only burn up the goodwill that I've built over the years of dealing with them where everyone was happy with the deals. As it was later that day they had two people trying to buy that one allocated car. One even got so upset he'd missed it that he yelled at them on the showroom. Can't imagine they'll be too interested in giving him much of a deal on anything in the future if he goes back for something.

Just got an updated dealer "Vehicle Status Report" that shows the "ship to dealer" as the week of 07/12 and their "Track A Vehicle" report on my car shows it "In Production - Trim Line" on June 28 and ETA of July 24-30. I'm hoping for the 24th-26th but who knows, it'll get here sometime, just getting anxious to see and drive it. If it gets there before I return from my trip the dealer said today they'd like to display it on the floor roped off. Told them no problem and they could do that for the entire winter if they'd like. ;-)

JKL1031

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP Premium
I dont see the value here..Excuse me im just a s550 looks good bandwagoner.

Sponsored

AC53

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
I dont see the value here..Excuse me im just a s550 looks good bandwagoner.
Value (Beauty) is in the eye of the beholder. ;-)

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
At the start of a "limited run" there is always this hype. As you learned the hard way in 2007, if you want a car at or below MSRP, you can get one if you're willing to wait. I've seen it with GT500's, Boss LS's, GT350's, and it will surely happen with Bullitts. There will always be a couple people in a given area willing to pay more, but none of the Mustangs are so limited that you can't get one at sticker or below if you're willing to wait. I wanted a Bullitt ASAP, so I'm paying MSRP, but I wasn't willing to pay ADM. The ADMs will dry up as soon as some Bullitts start making it on to dealer lots.
I think part of the problem is that a lot of people want to Order Their Car and follow it through Production and Delivery. That’s what I did on my ‘15. It was the first car I ever ordered, after buying cars off the lot for the last half century.

To get something close to your home and a Dealer you’re willing to work with, it may be worth it for a Limited ADM. Otherwise, I’m in complete agreement on the wait and watch philosophy.

White_GT_CS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Too bad the rev-match on and off button is buried deep. I like how it's in the Camaro with the paddles. Unfortunately, it's not as easy to turn on or off in the Bullitt.
Sponsored