Modifying As-Built Data Guide

Thestangb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ayham Kutit
Vehicle(s)
Black S550
Anyone with MY17 has a digital speedometer in their cluster?
Sponsored

JPJr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP
I have no idea, sorry. Maybe some of the 18 owners can chime in here?

This mod would be bad ass. It’s something a lot of people seem to be after!
The center display looks IDENTICAL to the one's we've all got.(Resolution, etc)
Can't believe we can't hack them to turn on the digital speedo.

Thestangb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ayham Kutit
Vehicle(s)
Black S550
Can anyone PLEASE with MY18 analog cluster share his/her IPC part number? It can be found in Forscan in the modules tab.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
I’m getting my hands on MY18 Firmware files as we speak, will try it soon...hopefully I won’t break my IPC lol
Hope you figure it out. Keep us posted!

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Ok, so I went to the Ford Motorcraft As Built link - I inserted my VIN for my 2018. I can see where I can download the file (and did), but the file is coming through and saving as a .ab file. How can that file be read (or do I even need anything from it)?

Also one other thing, when I run my VIN, under the section on the results page where you can d/l the file, I see:
PCM Modules (there is nothing listed under this section)
BCE Modules (there is a slew of lines under this section)

How come the PCM section is blank?

I was able to copy all of the data on the page under the BCE section and paste to an Excel file. Is it normal for the Module Column to be blank on the webpage?

Just trying to get acquainted with the data and catching up to speed with all of you. :)

Sponsored

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
Ok, so I went to the Ford Motorcraft As Built link - I inserted my VIN for my 2018. I can see where I can download the file (and did), but the file is coming through and saving as a .ab file. How can that file be read (or do I even need anything from it)?

Also one other thing, when I run my VIN, under the section on the results page where you can d/l the file, I see:

I was able to copy all of the data on the page under the BCE section and paste to an Excel file. Is it normal for the Module Column to be blank on the webpage?

Just trying to get acquainted with the data and catching up to speed with all of you. :)
You can read the .ab file with any text editor. it'll just take a little formatting, but it's easier to just copy/paste from the HTML.

EastTNMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Roush Stage 3

I’ve used Notepad to easily read the .ab file.

buzz-dee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Premium PP
Can anyone PLEASE with MY18 analog cluster share his/her IPC part number? It can be found in Forscan in the modules tab.
Did some research:

Part number: JR3T-10849-UF

Strategy: JR3T-14C088-AD

Calbration JR3T-14C026-AE

Those numbers are from a 2018 Mustang according to the window sticker it has equipment group 300A (no LCD cluster). Found it online and pulled the as-built file.

really hope that helps in any way

Thestangb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ayham Kutit
Vehicle(s)
Black S550
Did some research:

Part number: JR3T-10849-UF

Strategy: JR3T-14C088-AD

Calbration JR3T-14C026-AE

Those numbers are from a 2018 Mustang according to the window sticker it has equipment group 300A (no LCD cluster). Found it online and pulled the as-built file.

really hope that helps in any way
Sad news :((((

The 2018 cluster has either a different HW or the whole software image is different which prevented me from flashing the 2018 files onto the 2015...

as you can see here the blocks and the bytes are different:

// Erase information
// start, length
erase = { { 0x00008000, 0x000f8000 }
};

// Blocks sorted
// Blocks grouped
// Blocks: 1
// Bytes: 1015808

// Erase information
// start, length
erase = { { 0x0000c000, 0x003b4000 }
};

// Blocks sorted
// Blocks grouped
// Blocks: 1
// Bytes: 3882752

Sponsored

Thestangb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ayham Kutit
Vehicle(s)
Black S550
Someone said that S550s in the Philippines have a digital speedometer...is this true?

solodogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Someone said that S550s in the Philippines have a digital speedometer...is this true?
I've heard that some of the export models have the digital speedo, but there could be some other regional issues that present themselves when flashing that firmware to a US cluster as well.

One other thing you might want to investigate that might be of interest to some on the forums, 2015 vs 2016 Ecoboost cluster firmware is different. 2015's have a 20psi boost gauge, while 2016's have a 30psi gauge. I know there has been talk of enabling the EB boost gauge on V6's and GT's, this would also give another option to the guys with older clusters.

Thestangb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ayham Kutit
Vehicle(s)
Black S550
I've heard that some of the export models have the digital speedo, but there could be some other regional issues that present themselves when flashing that firmware to a US cluster as well.
I wonder if anyone can find any VIN for me to try!

One other thing you might want to investigate that might be of interest to some on the forums, 2015 vs 2016 Ecoboost cluster firmware is different. 2015's have a 20psi boost gauge, while 2016's have a 30psi gauge. I know there has been talk of enabling the EB boost gauge on V6's and GT's, this would also give another option to the guys with older clusters.
I already done that haha

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Here ya go, these are the modules installed into my 2018 EB Premium w/PP (and the analog cluster). The info is based directly off my VIN and from the Ford ETIS site under the software tab.
716B82B4-2ECB-4ADB-95E7-A5C8C83EDE49.jpeg
Sponsored