Sponsored

Cooled seats not cooling

ctlaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Prem/201A/Auto/Guard/Saddle/Spoiler del.
If Ford does a fix for the F150 they will also do a similar fix for the Mustang. It would be asinine for them to not also address the same issue on the Mustang, or any other vehicle model they manufacture.
According to Cars.com, F150 cooled seats are only available in the crew cab or super cab. These have underseat AC ducts for the rear passengers. The fix will be to add some form of diverter to divert some of the underseat air to cool the TED.

I have not read the F150 forums. Does anybody who has have any contrary info?

If I am right, Mustang owners will be out of luck.
Sponsored

DB23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 2.3T 200A Auto Ingot
From the F150 forum re cooled seat issues:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordService
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to add some information to my earlier post; I'm trying to get it to you as quickly as I hear it. A TSB will be issued to dealers in September.

Crystal

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
According to Cars.com, F150 cooled seats are only available in the crew cab or super cab. These have underseat AC ducts for the rear passengers. The fix will be to add some form of diverter to divert some of the underseat air to cool the TED.

I have not read the F150 forums. Does anybody who has have any contrary info?

If I am right, Mustang owners will be out of luck.
I'm not saying it will be the same exact fix as for the F-150. All Ford needs to do is add an intake tube to draw cool air from outside the seat for the TED instead of letting it draw in it's own warm rejected air.

A couple of members here have already tested this modification on their own Mustangs and found a vast improvement in TED performance in the seat back. The details are all in this thread, way back towards the beginning of this thread.

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
Since Ford's not posting here, I have no confidence that the fix is coming across from the F150.

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
I have to assume that Ford will NOT do any 'fix' on the 2015-16 Mustang 'cooled' seats, unless the 'cooling' unit causes a couple of seats to catch on fire. They will probably do a manufacturing change for the 2017-18 models.
I found a programming error in the 2015 A6 NAV chip...Ford acknowledged the problem and said that they were going to correct the error for the 2016 units. But said absolutely nothing about replacing the defective 2015 chips!

Sponsored

Fek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fek
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT premium
Here's a link to a youtube personality that also complained about the cooled seats, not much but he does have 16k views.

[ame]

bstreet5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Street
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem OF (on order)
I'd be willing to buy a fix at this point. How about it, any good vendors out there want too fabricate something?

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

ZIGZGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red GT Premium PP
I have a 2016, and I'm sorry to report that the seats were not fixed for the 16 model year. I'm also hoping for a retrofit fix!

Dosia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
I have a 2016, and I'm sorry to report that the seats were not fixed for the 16 model year. I'm also hoping for a retrofit fix!
:thumbdown:

Sponsored

OySmallFry@SCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SpaceCitySpyLLC
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
I'd be willing to buy a fix at this point. How about it, any good vendors out there want too fabricate something?

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk
Totally want to fab up something.
90% because I bought the damned heat/cool seats to be HEATED AND COOLED. Not warmed and fried.
10% because all you guys! :cheers:

Ive got a bunch of projects, but we can at least improve on Ford's supplier's crappy design. Stay tuned!

n8rfastback

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, PP, Comp Orange. 65 Fastback ,T5, 302
Is there a guy on the forum with a 3d printer that could fab up an adapter that would allow a hose to connect to the rear unit and get the hot air out of there? Maybe add a suction fan at the bottom of the hose to help draw the hot air out?

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
Totally want to fab up something.
90% because I bought the damned heat/cool seats to be HEATED AND COOLED. Not warmed and fried.
10% because all you guys! :cheers:

Ive got a bunch of projects, but we can at least improve on Ford's supplier's crappy design. Stay tuned!
You will have a buyer here as well. :)

jc1804

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP 50th Race red
ya know I was just thinking about, after reading the last couple posts. maybe they (manufactures ) put ideas together let people in forums like this brainstorm a fix, do a fix, then they come in & call it there fix & they become the hero.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
It should be a fairly simple part really. Can be plastic. Clips onto the fan unit with a rubber seal against it and a hose to the bottom of the seat. Page 28 in this thread shows the mockup.

I'm sure a ton of people here would buy it, even at $50 each side (separate just because some of us are single and dont care about the passenger seat really- I would only do the driver personally since no one sits in the passenger seat). It's well worth the cost if it fixes it by even 1/2 to what it should be.
Sponsored