fupo15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcos
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT
Hello!
I’m ready to take my 2022 mustang GT to the next level, I got in contact with my local auto shop and recommended and quoted me 3 options.

VMP Supercharger
1 VMP-SK1114MG3RBD VMP 18-21 MUSTANG GT 5.0 L SUPERCHARGER - ODIN FULL KIT

2. 1 1FW602-SCI-P1X PROCHARGER STAGE II KIT WITH P1X FOR 18-21 MUSTANG GT 5.0L

3. WHP-WK-2625T-STG2-30 Whipple Superchargers WK-2625T-STG2-30 3.0L Supercharger Stage 2 Kit

I kinda told them what I want to expect from my car, but i’m looking experience car supercharger owners recommendations and advice.

Thank You

IMG_2957.jpeg
Sponsored

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
Can you tell us what it is you’re looking for out of your car? That will provide better replies as there are differences between each supercharger setup.

First off are you driving an Auto or Manual?

Are you looking for 1/4mile performance, roll racing, road course, etc.?

Where do you want to feel the increased power? Off throttle, mid range, top end, all of the above?

Do you plan to increase PSI down the road, run E85 or race gas?

OP
OP

fupo15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcos
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT
They basically asked me: “Do want want the car to feel good, be faster or breaks records?”
I told them good and faster, not for track or braking records of any kind. I drive a 10 speed automatic. Where do I wanna feel the power? - Thats where i,m still debating on what to get.

Ant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F150 STX Sport Crew Cab 4x4
25 hours labor to install a supercharger kit? How much are they charging per hour lol

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
They basically asked me: “Do want want the car to feel good, be faster or breaks records?”
I told them good and faster, not for track or braking records of any kind. I drive a 10 speed automatic. Where do I wanna feel the power? - Thats where i,m still debating on what to get.
If you want gobs of torque and HP off the line with a linear pull all the way to the top, go with the positive displacement VMP or Whipple. If you want the car to drive like its stock under 3,500 RPMs and pull like mad up top, go with the centrifugal Procharger.

99% of people are just going to suggest what they have. I am not one of them. At the end of the day the best choice is turbos 😁.

Sponsored

CrackedHorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Mustang GT/CS; 15 Mustang GT
$80 an hour, is that a lot?
$80/hr is reasonable
25 hours is what seems high to me.

Centri and PD blowers are both fun. I would argue a centri is a better match for your A10 transmission.

PD starts to make torque down low and a lot of guys love that.

Personally, I hate fighting for traction at lower RPM's. Reminds me of when I had my 455 cutlass and even just trying to get through an intersection quickly resulted in tire spin.

Some people dislike centri blowers because it is basically a stock powerband until 4k rpm.

But of course, this is all preference and you'll find fans of both setups.

Neither setup is inherently faster than the other.

I would argue turbo is the "best" but it also costs the most.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
Remember: A PD you will have instant power/torque from a dig on up. A Centri and Turbo you will be mostly stock HP/TQ until around 5k>. Now for me, I didn't want to play, in the over 100mph range on the street to feel the power of my FI. I went with a Whipple Stage 2 and other upgrades. I know even though I am on the street, for reliability, I have replaced my DS and plan to replace my axles next month. The Centri and Turbo guys don't seem to be breaking many axles on the street as far as PD owners. Hard decision. Decide where you want to play and feel the power. Good Luck

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
Hello!
I’m ready to take my 2022 mustang GT to the next level, I got in contact with my local auto shop and recommended and quoted me 3 options.

VMP Supercharger
1 VMP-SK1114MG3RBD VMP 18-21 MUSTANG GT 5.0 L SUPERCHARGER - ODIN FULL KIT

2. 1 1FW602-SCI-P1X PROCHARGER STAGE II KIT WITH P1X FOR 18-21 MUSTANG GT 5.0L

3. WHP-WK-2625T-STG2-30 Whipple Superchargers WK-2625T-STG2-30 3.0L Supercharger Stage 2 Kit

I kinda told them what I want to expect from my car, but i’m looking experience car supercharger owners recommendations and advice.

Thank You

IMG_2957.jpeg
Best bang for the buck -ESS
Best bang overall - Turbos.

It seems odd to me that they are charging you the same rate to install any of the listed choices. Installing a Centri kit is not the same as installing a PD blower

Sponsored

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
Best bang for the buck -ESS
Best bang overall - Turbos.

It seems odd to me that they are charging you the same rate to install any of the listed choices. Installing a Centri kit is not the same as installing a PD blower
Good point on the install. A centri can be done in 8 hours in a garage with hand tools.

Pistol_91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT
Good point on the install. A centri can be done in 8 hours in a garage with hand tools.
Especially the ESS... 25 hours, they must be slow as hell.
If you want useable street power without blowing your tires off every time you stomp on the gas or the need to run drag radials all the time then go with a centrifugal supercharger. If you want neck snapping power then go with a PD blower. A lot of people do the PD blowers.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
Especially the ESS... 25 hours, they must be slow as hell.
If you want useable street power without blowing your tires off every time you stomp on the gas or the need to run drag radials all the time then go with a centrifugal supercharger. If you want neck snapping power then go with a PD blower. A lot of people do the PD blowers.
I just installed the Whipple Stage 2 and I had to replace my INDY500 with Toyo R888R in the rear. My PD would light up these tires instantly due to instant power. And I want to feel all the power from a Dig, and not go fishing or kissing ditches. LOL

17121587810706852585245876490504.jpg

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Doug, did you have any issues fitting those 325's in the back?

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
2k for install isn't bad from any reputable shop.

With an A10 centri would be a good fit.
Sponsored