New owner - light mod plan / build thread

joe603

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium PP
  1. K&N OEM intake filter...OEM intake flows great, just need a better filter.
  2. Clutch spring is a great idea! I did the Steeda one and love the feel now. Cheap enough to where if you don't like it, just go back to stock.
  3. Resonator delete with H-Pipe. Man, this is one of my favorite mods! The car sounds fantastic and can be obnoxiously loud to whisper quiet with active exhaust.
  4. For the 22, remove carbon filter...easy
  5. Tires when it's time...don't go with OEM, they suck!

Those are the pretty easy/cheap mods. I'd like to go with a Ford Performance intake/tune for my 21...just deciding on if I want to do that or go nuts with a supercharger.

Not performance related, but I hated the B&O stereo, so I installed aftermarket speakers/amp/sub...which is pretty extensive, but not unattainable with some hand tools and Amazon (and some experts on this forum).

Good luck and have fun!
Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Braided clutch line and poly transmission mount bushing = about $120.

OP
OP
sms2022

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 premium
Thanks for the suggestions everyone. Itā€™s supposed to warm up later in the week here and Iā€™ll be able to wash the car and take out the carbon trap/sound pipe.

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
Hi everyone. Posted an intro thread in the Intro section this morning. New owner of a 22 GT premium 6MT PP1, active exhaust. 6k miles.

looking to lightly mod the car while it sits stuck in my driveway on ice. Thinking steeda clutch spring, intake carbon trap removal, engine cover removal. Anyone have any other free/cheap suggestions?
Put in kn airfilter and remove carbon filter fron intake tube.that'll give you 10hp back

Sponsored

GrabberBargeCaptain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Base 6sp in Grabber Blue
Steeda clutch spring is good but beware the plastic piece that holds it is very easy to break. Also for me, the spring was a bitch to compress and yank out even with pointy vice grips.
Personally if I had to do only ONE mod itā€™d probably be exhaust, these engines sounds too good not to open em up a bit.

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
I concur with most of the suggestions. Mine is a 10 speed so I can't comment on the clutch spring but the sound tube delete and carbon filter removal is a no brainer. Mine has 15K on it (22 GT PP) and has had zero issues after removing. The sound tube delete also makes checking the oil a lot easier on a PP car with the strut tower brace. I also removed the engine cover but then I cut the bat wings off it and put it back on. I like the look. Also H pipe/X Pipe sounds really good with the factory active exhaust. I opted for a full cat back though..

PIc of mine with the engine cover "Star Ship Enterprise wings" removed. along with a trophy I won last fall :) .

IMG_0102.jpeg

OP
OP
sms2022

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
I concur with most of the suggestions. Mine is a 10 speed so I can't comment on the clutch spring but the sound tube delete and carbon filter removal is a no brainer. Mine has 15K on it (22 GT PP) and has had zero issues after removing. The sound tube delete also makes checking the oil a lot easier on a PP car with the strut tower brace. I also removed the engine cover but then I cut the bat wings off it and put it back on. I like the look. Also H pipe/X Pipe sounds really good with the factory active exhaust. I opted for a full cat back though..

PIc of mine with the engine cover "Star Ship Enterprise wings" removed. along with a trophy I won last fall :) .

IMG_0102.jpeg
Not sure how I missed this post but that engine cover looks great. Did you dremel off the wings?

OP
OP
sms2022

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
Steed clutch spring and ford performance air/oil separator came in the mail today.

also a full set of knockoff weather tech style floor mats and trunk mat.

Sound tube and carbon filters will be coming off this weekend (it will be above 40 degrees here for the first time in a month).

3 qts motul dctf arrived also so I will be swapping the trans fluid. If that doesnā€™t improve shifting and mgw or Barton shifter is next.

after that Iā€™m good, besides maybe the ford performance bullit style grille and the performance pack wing (original owner ordered it deleted).

After a spirited drive up the road behind my house the stock tires really came alive. Must have roasted off all the old rubber. Iā€™m not changing them now until the need to be changed.

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Not sure how I missed this post but that engine cover looks great. Did you dremel off the wings?
Yeah, it's really easy to do, I just took a sawzall. You just reach into each of the runners and cut in between theIntake runners for all eight. Then from the bottom you can drill out the rivets that hold. It underneath the 5.0 badge. piece of cake. Then just pop back onto the rubber grommets and it holds it just fine.

Sponsored

RazzaRossa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Just a tip for the clutch spring. Use tie wraps (1 on each side) to compress the spring and hold it. Removes spring easily. Reverse the process at install and cut the tie wraps of once in place. No trying to leverage the spring in an out of a fairly fragile plastic spring mount.
And get rid of the suitcase resonator and replace with a mid pipe of your choice/budget.

Last edited:
OP
OP
sms2022

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
Just a tip for the clutch spring. Use tie wraps (1 on each side) to compress the spring and hold it. Remove spring easily Reverse the process at install and cut the tie wraps of once in place. No trying to leverage the spring in an out of a fairly fragile spastic spring mount.
And get rid of the suitcase resonator and replace with a mid pipe of your choice/budget.
I have the active exhaust, does it still have the suitcase? Havenā€™t been under the car yet. Thanks for the tip on the spirng

RazzaRossa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
I have the active exhaust, does it still have the suitcase? Havenā€™t been under the car yet. Thanks for the tip on the spirng
Yep, you can't miss it, large rectangular suitcase looking thing in the middle of the car.

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Yep, here is a pic of my complete system removed when I did my Borla Cat Back. Big Ole suitcase thing on the left LOL :)

IMG_0252.jpeg

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
Nice pics
Yep, here is a pic of my complete system removed when I did my Borla Cat Back. Big Ole suitcase thing on the left LOL :)

IMG_0252.jpeg
Nice pics.ill bet it loses 20 hp with all those right angles in the exhaust pipe
Sponsored