madweazl

madweazl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Do you know what your build date was?
Mar 19 2019 is on the window sticker but I'm not sure that matches what is on the door plate.

nmp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Raptor 2020 GT350R 2022 GT500
Mar 19 2019 is on the window sticker but I'm not sure that matches what is on the door plate.
Ok thanks. There are 3 sets of 2 digit numbers on the bottom of the window sticker directly below the msrp total. That is the date the parts were sent to the factory. Usually the car is built the following week.

Saltiez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
This is exactly why I wanna put miles on my car, especially early on. If I have i failure I want it to happen early. Is there a Time limit on buybacks?
As long as your car was bought new and has a factory warranty still active on the car, it can still be bought back. There are different requirements that Ford RAV will follow by state though so I would look up your state's lemon laws just so you're familiar.

Frank.Herbst

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
This is exactly why I wanna put miles on my car, especially early on. If I have i failure I want it to happen early. Is there a Time limit on buybacks?
Ford bought my 2017 back, it was based on my States lemon laws.

Sponsored

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
Be interesting to know who assembled the engine. Maybe the same person who built the other blown engines.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Be interesting to know who assembled the engine. Maybe the same person who built the other blown engines.
if that were true then Ford's tooling and validation checks are worthless. These aren't 'hand built' engines - like you can see on 'PowerTools' on TV. They are mass-produced on an assembly line with computerized tools - just in smaller quantities than Coyote. There's a YT video done a while back. It would be one thing if every part of mic'd and blueprinted but I haven't heard of any such level of effort being applied. Did I miss an expose somewhere?

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Just got off the phone with the service manager and the engine has suffered an internal failure and will need to be replaced. They haven't torn it down far enough to know what exactly failed yet but I suspect a valve based on other threads. Insult to injury, they cant start on it for 2-3 weeks.
Sorry to hear that the engine must be replaced. I hope it goes smoothly. Thank you for posting what you know. It's very helpful for current and future GT350 owners.

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Just got off the phone with the service manager and the engine has suffered an internal failure and will need to be replaced. They haven't torn it down far enough to know what exactly failed yet but I suspect a valve based on other threads. Insult to injury, they cant start on it for 2-3 weeks.

Confucius say: "I predict Mustang jonesing for the near future.."

Good luck hope all goes well for you.

OP
OP
madweazl

madweazl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Regional CSR contacted me this morning and is getting the ball rolling. He stated they needed to make some calls to see what exactly is going on and he'll call back on Monday with an update.

Last edited:

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Regional CSR contacted me this morning and is getting the ball rolling. He stated they needed to make some calls to see what exactly is going on and he'll call back on Monday with an update.
Did you get the update yesterday?

OP
OP
madweazl

madweazl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Did you get the update yesterday?
The CSR did contact me (nothing to say really). The hold up at the dealership service department is due to a backlog of work. He (the CSR) is exploring other service centers in the area and is supposed to contact me again today. No word on the buy back but since it hasn't been 30 days (VA state lemon law), I don't expect that to go anywhere just yet.

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
The CSR did contact me (nothing to say really). The hold up at the dealership service department is due to a backlog of work. He (the CSR) is exploring other service centers in the area and is supposed to contact me again today. No word on the buy back but since it hasn't been 30 days (VA state lemon law), I don't expect that to go anywhere just yet.
I hate you're having to deal with this. Can't think of anything worse than getting shiny new ride you love and then immediately having this sort of issue.
Sponsored