Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Ho Ho you're up early, I would be too. Could you use the FordPass roadside assist, found in that app?

Had a thought seeing as it happen at idle, whatever fail most like did not cause much damage ...
A little happy boost for ya.
Sponsored

Harb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray GT350
Sounds like what happened to my second engine, it's definitely seized. My dealer states that it's a rare occurrence on the second gen voodoo. Ford Performance has supposedly found what has caused that issue and any replacements from here on out should be good to go. My understanding is they will replace the long block with any seized engines.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Reading other posts, it looks like the recommendation is to contact Ford via the 800 number for a CSR but which 800 number should I be using (I cant find mention of a CSR directly)?
Start here:
FORD PERFORMANCE - 1 (800) 367-3788‬

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
This is 2nd instance of 2019 that I know. Good luck with yours. Hope it's something simple.

OP
OP
madweazl

madweazl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Tow truck picked it up and dropped it off at the local dealer. They tore the front and rear splitter up pretty good (have video) so that is a bonus fight I get to work out. Not sure if the link will work but this is car running literally just a couple minutes before it died (glad I wasn't on the road).

Edit: OK, that is the wrong link so I'll post the Youtube upload once it finishes uploading.
Low definition until it completes processing but here is the running video moments before it died.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Harb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray GT350
If you used Ford Pass or Ford Roadside Assistance it turns out you have to advise them it's a Shelby and requires a flat bed. I had to confirm with the tow company that a flat bed was sent since I've heard of the many horror stories previously. I'm hoping for a quick turn around on your vehicle or a resolution with Ford Performance. Been waiting 2 weeks on mine.

OP
OP
madweazl

madweazl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
If you used Ford Pass or Ford Roadside Assistance it turns out you have to advise them it's a Shelby and requires a flat bed. I had to confirm with the tow company that a flat bed was sent since I've heard of the many horror stories previously. I'm hoping for a quick turn around on your vehicle or a resolution with Ford Performance. Been waiting 2 weeks on mine.
It was a flatbed and I did advise them. She acknowledged and said they were aware.

ameapm2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Genesis 2018 GT350
I never keep the engine running when the car is at halt for more than 2 mins. The engine needs a lot of air flow to keep it cool. If I keep it idling, the oil temp just keeps on rising.

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
Curious as to what it is. Sounds sort of like what the cars that ate a valve did though. Hopefully it's not that.

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
Very sorry to hear and I am sure it's very frustrating. Hopefully they will replace it quickly and you can enjoy the car the whole summer.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Hopefully it's something simple. I remember a couple years ago someone with a GT350 had a flywheel bolt come out and lock up the engine. For this other guy, the failure occurred at the bottom of an off ramp when the car was stopped. Your failure made me think of that.

Good luck with a quick repair!

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Tow truck picked it up and dropped it off at the local dealer. They tore the front and rear splitter pretty good (have video) so that is a bonus fight I get to work out. Not sure if the link will work but this is car running literally just a couple minutes before it died (glad I wasn't on the road).

Edit: OK, that is the wrong link so I'll post the Youtube upload once it finishes uploading.
Low definition until it completes processing but here is the running video moments before it died.
Most likely dropped a valve like all the others. No idea why this issue still exists.

OP
OP
madweazl

madweazl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Most likely dropped a valve like all the others. No idea why this issue still exists.
Yea, this is what I expect but I'm hoping it's something lesser that doesnt require an engine swap.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Went to pick the car up from the detailer this afternoon and it looked incredible. He fired it up and drove it out of the bay and into the sun so we could check it out under the natural lighting. We had probably be talking for 10 minutes or so when the engine made a slight clunk and shut off. I didn't think much of it and we continued to go over the car. A few minutes later I attempted to crank the car and just got a clunk of the starter solenoid. Checked battery to make sure it was ok and that seemed fine. Put a booster on it just in case but it made no difference.

I placed the car in 6th and attempted to push it and no go, something is bound up. No noises prior to the shut down, just clunk, off. Water temps weren't up to normal yet and Health Report showed nothing abnormal on the app. Pushed it back into the bay and I'll contact Ford in the morning (they were already closed for the day). Not what I wanted to see with 450 miles on the odometer....
How many miles where on it when you dropped it off at the Detailer and how many were on it when you picked it up?

OP
OP
madweazl

madweazl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
How many miles where on it when you dropped it off at the Detailer and how many were on it when you picked it up?
I dont recall exactly but 2-3 (pretty sure it had 452 when I dropped it off and it has 454 now). Detailer took it to the company that did the stripes and they picked it back up and drove it back to their shop. Trust both 100%.
Sponsored