Sponsored

C8 just got crushed and humiliated by the GT500

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
I agree with some of the sentiment here that the C7 is a better looking Corvette than the C8. The best looking 'vette IMO is the C7 Z06. And regarding the C8 vs GT500 0-60 and 1/4 mile times...yes, on street tires on pavement the C8 is quicker due to the traction advantage. But on an open road from a roll? No contest: 132 mph trap speeds vs. 122-123 mph. Also, a number of GT500s have been into the mid 10s on a prepped track on the stock tires.
Sponsored

Boss2013

Threads
Reaction score
LOL @ BlaqWhole on the other site thinking he gave GM an interest-free loan by putting down a deposit with a dealer for a 2020 C8. Did he really think that GM was even aware he had a deposit with a dealer.? I don't think it works the way he obviously thinks it does.

Last edited:

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
LOL @ BlaqWhole on the other site thinking he gave GM an interest-free loan by putting down a deposit with a dealer for a 2020 C8. Did he really think that GM was even aware he had a deposit with a dealer. I don't think it works the way he obviously thinks it does.
Get the hell out of here. The richest man on the inter webs doesn’t understand finances?:giggle:

newmoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Cobra, 10 SS, 12 392, 12 5.0
I agree with some of the sentiment here that the C7 is a better looking Corvette than the C8. The best looking 'vette IMO is the C7 Z06. And regarding the C8 vs GT500 0-60 and 1/4 mile times...yes, on street tires on pavement the C8 is quicker due to the traction advantage. But on an open road from a roll? No contest: 132 mph trap speeds vs. 122-123 mph. Also, a number of GT500s have been into the mid 10s on a prepped track on the stock tires.
The C8 looks ridiculous in my opinion, C7 looks much better, and the C6 looks much better than the C7. Best looking recent Corvette C6 Z06!

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
The C8 looks ridiculous in my opinion, C7 looks much better, and the C6 looks much better than the C7. Best looking recent Corvette C6 Z06!
The C8 isn't any beauty. Agree C6 is great. C7 looks cartoonish to me but is well done cartoonish so hard for me to say which I like better between C7 and C8.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I really wanted a C6 2013 427 convertible. I just couldn't get a decent deal on one.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I really wanted a C6 2013 427 convertible. I just couldn't get a decent deal on one.

I'd probably have one if I wanted to: 1) go back to a 2 seater, and 2) go back to a manual. They've held their values decently, but are pretty affordable now, I price them every once-in-a-while.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I don't know - I really hate the headlights on the C6. And that dash with the crappy screen is pretty dated. I prefer the C5 over the C6 in the looks department. The C6 is definitely better as far as engine offerings go, though. As long as you stay away from the defective LS7 engines built in that time period.

Tickitty Tock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 Kona Blue
I don't know - I really hate the headlights on the C6. And that dash with the crappy screen is pretty dated. I prefer the C5 over the C6 in the looks department. The C6 is definitely better as far as engine offerings go, though. As long as you stay away from the defective LS7 engines built in that time period.
Ls7 needs built heads and then it’s a bulletproof motor. Stock not so much

Sponsored

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Some of this is spot-on with what I think I "know" and some of it is a bit different. In any event, I seriously doubt that this is an actual "leak". GM would never provide any supplier this much detail in a delay of supply discussion. There would be discussion on the part types / part numbers that the supplier is providing for the specific program. Something like:

Widget A, part number 24805567, Project Sunshine: Shipments thru 4/30/2020 delayed to 5/15/2020.

But anyway, here it is. And as I've said, some of it is pretty close to what I'm forecasting but there are some inconsistencies....

https://www.corvetteblogger.com/202...of-the-c8-model-lineup-from-leaked-documents/

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Ls7 needs built heads and then it’s a bulletproof motor. Stock not so much
I believe that is true. The heads are the part that can fail - specifically exhaust valve guides from what I've read. And some aftermarket fixes don't solve the problem, so you have to be careful about how you go about it.

Some of this is spot-on with what I think I "know" and some of it is a bit different. In any event, I seriously doubt that this is an actual "leak". GM would never provide any supplier this much detail in a delay of supply discussion. There would be discussion on the part types / part numbers that the supplier is providing for the specific program. Something like:

Widget A, part number 24805567, Project Sunshine: Shipments thru 4/30/2020 delayed to 5/15/2020.

But anyway, here it is. And as I've said, some of it is pretty close to what I'm forecasting but there are some inconsistencies....

https://www.corvetteblogger.com/202...of-the-c8-model-lineup-from-leaked-documents/
Nice insight to get. I wish the GS got an OHC engine, but it's nice to see it getting more power than the base car.
Sponsored