Sponsored

Anybody buying this media fueled COVID-19 bull schitt?

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
I was at the grocery store on Sunday, and everything looked normal. I haven't been back this week, but my wife has, and she didn't say there was any mass hysteria wiping out the shelves. Good thing my father-in-law just had a cow butchered!
Sponsored

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
I was at the grocery store on Sunday, and everything looked normal. I haven't been back this week, but my wife has, and she didn't say there was any mass hysteria wiping out the shelves. Good thing my father-in-law just had a cow butchered!
I grew up in Olathe, family still lives there :)

OP
OP
WildHorse

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Well, I do not know how this is being played out in your geographic locations, however THIS is exactly the current mindset and how fear is being spread....
Here yeah TP gone. Good luck finding any. Bottled water, no problem. However, and this I find odd.. milk, none to be found. No clue why. I mean, I need milk for my coffee. Just my fricken luck haha.

Some people are just fucking idiots. Legit!:
c_oc=AQk3_H8ucTttbkxRIzZ-MMT9TSnhDaJs3bLGnK9AYpoIYr2QOgZhweIRkyoIVBpMkOI&_nc_ht=scontent.fybz2-2.jpg

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Wait, if (uh oh) "they" decide to double the tax refund, does that mean I get to cut in half what I owe?! Hmm, 1-800-Steeda, send it!
No, unfortunately it means you will owe double since you are kind of paying for the refunds (when you owe ) . LOL.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Well you can't argue the no payroll taxes. In the Great White north it's around 43%. Sickening. Literally.
Till we ALL are paying for it next year owing taxes to make up for it...while throughout the year with less taxes, things still happen to operate just fine :crazy:

Sponsored

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
No of course not. But what about lead by example? Take the damn test and stop shaking hands. Stop telling no one that you know more than the doctors. Let the CDC get the German test kit (the one that works), stop lying to us ( no we don’t have enough kits). You want presidential, look at Mike Pence. Calm, quite, reassuring and willing to let the experts speak. The other one just wants everyone to know how wonderful he is. He needs to shut up and lead.
So I guess you missed all the press conferences where he had doctors on all sides of him speaking to the media and answering questions?

I hate to comment on non car related stuff especially politics but as a practicing physician I have to say, calling this pandemic “media fueled BS” is simply irresponsible.

Go ask the congressman who was mockingly wearing a gas mask and is now in “self quarantine” whether he still thinks this was “medial fueled BS”.
The sickness is real, the media fueled panic is also real and causing a lot of people to lose a lot of money and possibly their livelihoods. No one closes all these events for other illness that kills far more.

If this is going to be the reaction going forward to every new strain then the economy is going to be quite the wild ride.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Here yeah TP gone. Good luck finding any. Bottled water, no problem. However, and this I find odd.. milk, none to be found. No clue why. I mean, I need milk for my coffee. Just my fricken luck haha.

c_oc=AQk3_H8ucTttbkxRIzZ-MMT9TSnhDaJs3bLGnK9AYpoIYr2QOgZhweIRkyoIVBpMkOI&_nc_ht=scontent.fybz2-2.jpg

Yea, it’s getting to be f’n ridiculous with what people are doing.

It’s one thing to buying essentials if needed, it’s another to hoard it when others REALLY need it (ie: elderly, folks are cannot get out that often, etc).

I don’t understand the panic behind hoarding toilet paper at all... not at all.

Even the hoarding of paper towels - does no one have regular hand towels or packs of microfibers in their house that they can:
1) use if needed for spills, cleaning a soiled surface, wiping down appliances, cleaning/drying hands or all purposes cleaning
2) wash & dry
3) then reuse

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
Most people are idiots and a constant source of disappointment. Toilet paper? Really?

We are not buying anything except index ETF's. This latest drop has presented a buying opportunity, and we have been taking advantage of it by incrementally reducing our cash position.

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A

It could be worse if it had been advertised as used LOL.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
So I guess you missed all the press conferences where he had doctors on all sides of him speaking to the media and answering questions?
No I didn’t miss them but what does this have to do with anything I said. How hard is it to admit Trump actually said/or did something instead of changing the topic?

No one closes all these events for other illness that kills far more.
Sorry, but this is just a foolish statement. This is a disease that currently has no cure. The potential for its spread and the resulting effects is why all of these events are closing. Time to wake up and realize this is not a hoax. It is real and very dangerous. Now as far as toilet paper................

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
No, unfortunately it means you will owe double since you are kind of paying for the refunds (when you owe ) . LOL.
Figures.

Even the hoarding of paper towels - does no one have regular hand towels or packs of microfibers in their house that they can:
1) use if needed for spills, cleaning a soiled surface, wiping down appliances, cleaning/drying hands or all purposes cleaning
2) wash & dry
3) then reuse
Better not be using my microfiber car towels for silly hand washing. You want to wash your hands, may as well wash the car. The car can't get Coronavirus, can it?

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
No I didn’t miss them but what does this have to do with anything I said. How hard is it to admit Trump actually said/or did something instead of changing the topic?

Sorry, but this is just a foolish statement. This is a disease that currently has no cure. The potential for its spread and the resulting effects is why all of these events are closing. Time to wake up and realize this is not a hoax. It is real and very dangerous. Now as far as toilet paper................
People I work with were telling me this morning it's like a cold or flu that you will get over in 2 to 6 weeks...if you don't die of course. At 39 years old and currently training to ride a bicycle up Pikes Peak, I may not have much to worry about but maybe I do. Till infected, I plan on just doing my normal daily routines. Many of the "be clean" speeches are preaching to do things I've been doing my entire life. This is where us "clean freaks" can point and laugh at all the dirty people who have always been to lazy to do things like make their damn beds every morning, let alone wash their hands.

OP
OP
WildHorse

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
People I work with were telling me this morning it's like a cold or flu that you will get over in 2 to 6 weeks...if you don't die of course. At 39 years old and currently training to ride a bicycle up Pikes Peak, I may not have much to worry about but maybe I do. Till infected, I plan on just doing my normal daily routines. Many of the "be clean" speeches are preaching to do things I've been doing my entire life. This is where us "clean freaks" can point and laugh at all the dirty people who have always been to lazy to do things like make their damn beds every morning, let alone wash their hands.
People are ignorant. Yes, it is a virus, just like the flu and/or a serious cold. But we have medications to combat these. COVID-10 is a strain we do not know yet. And unfortunately without knowledge come fear. Or worse, ambivalence. I'm 67 and in good health. I'm doing what you are doing. My wife is 67 and currently on antibiotics for an infection. She's going out but being extra careful. Right now it's all wait and see.
Sponsored