Sponsored

Shelby Super Snake vs GT500? Witch one and Why????

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
Isnt the super snake a coyote motor? Either way gt500 for sure.
Yes the current super snake has a 5.0

GT500 all the way.
Sponsored

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
I'll take superior engineering for 1000, Alex. I get the feeling that Shelby American cars are only limited production....because only a limited number of people are interested in them.
AND can AFFORD them!!!

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
I see this subject is still going, So lets add the new Roush into this ? Lets do Shelby SS vs Roush new offering, VS a GT500.

Thoughts ?

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
I see this subject is still going, So lets add the new Roush into this ? Lets do Shelby SS vs Roush new offering, VS a GT500.

Thoughts ?
#1. GT 500
#2. Roush
#3. Shelby SS

The Roush and Shelby SS just don't look sexy! I do like some of the options they offer over the GT 500 but considering overall value and performance there is no question which one is the best car!

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Which one gets you the highly robust 5.2 CPC that benefits from GT350 data?

Which one gets you the high performance DCT?

Which one has Ford factory engineeringvthrough and through?

Which one has the suspension from Mount Olympus?

Which one looks like a “hot car?”

The GT500 has all of that. It’s simply the better car at any price. Better engine, better suspension, better transmission,

Sponsored

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
Because Ford allocates the GT500 , I may go with the 2020 Roush. Active rear wing, 775 horsepower, trans cooler, diff cooler, and oil cooler on Roush. Roush knows how to build a good track car. After two more years, I may find an allocation for a GT500 , but I will have had two fun years with the Roush.

OP
OP
socal2fast

socal2fast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Maybe the best bet is to get base gt500 and then send it to shelby and get the widebody kit from them installed.

that would be the best of both worlds.

ZRacerLE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2 & ZLE A10
Hi Guys

I would love to hear what you guys think on witch one you would pick and why? With all the dealer mark ups on the GT500 you could get a Super Snake for about the same pricing.
Gt500 cftp because I only care about braking and corning at ridiculous speeds.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I'd pay more and wait longer to buy the factory spec CFTP or Base GT500. Zero interest really, in any tuner cars at this point.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
I love the SuperSnakes (especially the widebodies), but IMO the only thing the SS has over the new GT500 is the vaunted CSM number and a permanent place in the SAAC registry alongside the rest of the classic Shelbys. Might be a real thing down the road if the past has been an indication on "real" Shelbys. Or it might not.

But in terms of bang for the buck it's GT500 all the way, warrantied with that DCT.....
I would say the ones Mr. Carol Shelby made have appreciated greatly. Does anyone have information about modern SS increasing in value? Modern meaning any built that had zero input from Mr. Shelby?

GT500 all the way. Hope to get mine next year. All depends on my dealership getting the allocation for next year. Number 1 on the list with deposit made some time ago.

I will add I saw a Shelby F-150 at the auto show last year. $120,000. The brakes were factory F-150 brakes with those stupid bolt on faux big brake caliper covers that said Shelby on them. $120,000 for autozone fake big brake caliper covers. SMDH.

Sponsored

shelbykr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 2009 Shelby GT500KR 2008 Shelby GT-C
Carroll Shelby was a great "Marketing Person". Only some models have appreciated. Best value for money is the Roush, but they depreciate faster I am told . Is the CSM number really worth all that extra money?

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Carroll Shelby was a great "Marketing Person". Only some models have appreciated. Best value for money is the Roush, but they depreciate faster I am told . Is the CSM number really worth all that extra money?
I agree 100% with that statement Sam. I love Shelby American but to send my 2007 GT500 to make it a Super Snake is 50K. We built mine and it has more HP than the SS and all the features with approx 15K investment, is the CSM number worth an additional 20 or 30K?

AS I have stated to many friends, the value of a car is only worth what the next person is willing to pay for it. I love a Roush and Saleen, but it has never held the value (in my opinion) like a Shelby.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I would say the ones Mr. Carol Shelby made have appreciated greatly. Does anyone have information about modern SS increasing in value? Modern meaning any built that had zero input from Mr. Shelby?
Nope, and none of us can see the future that far out. The CSM number means that such a car will be in the Shelby registry for all eternity with all the classic Shelby American built Shelbys, however. That matters to some.

I looked into having them widebody my '15, but not the full SS treatment as I wanted to build a new engine for it myself and twin turbo it for something different. Since it wouldn't be a Super Snake, there would be no CSM number, but the car would still have been placed in the registry as modified by Shelby American. Which would have been pretty cool, but to make a long story short, I decided that a GT500 would be far less screwing around and probably a better value, all things considered.

I don't give a whit about future potential collectible value anyway, because I'll be dead by then and I no longer have an heir to leave my fleet to. My plan as of today is to order a '22 GT500 when the order banks open (assuming I survive the 'rona and my employer stays in business and keeps paying me) and just drive the snot out of it.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I don't give a whit about future potential collectible value anyway, because I'll be dead by then and I no longer have an heir to leave my fleet to. My plan as of today is to order a '22 GT500 when the order banks open (assuming I survive the 'rona and my employer stays in business and keeps paying me) and just drive the snot out of it.
I agree with your perspective and feel the same way. I've already told the wife to keep the car when I'm gone so that when she drives it people will look at each other and say "did you see the old bat driving the Shelby? I wonder who gets that car when she croaks?" I suggested she donate the proceeds to her favorite pet rescue organization.