Sponsored

[Updated]: 11.0@128 so far for GT500 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway

cib24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mazda RX-7 Type RS
Lol mid 10s and faster
So my n/a '18 GT is actually quicker with about 4 mph less speed carried thru the traps? And I'm that fast for 1/2 the cost? Base GT with bolt on's for the win, win, win! Ford can keep that stupid rotary knob that acts like a proper shifter too...and don't get me started on how much visual rice appeal this car has, its a Forza playin' millenials wet dream of a car...to a 50 year old guy, not so much (especially at the prices I've been hearing).
Valid points but I guess the GT500 is much more than a straight line machine. It's not marketed like a Hellcat which Dodge markets it like it's all about drag racing. Also, the GT500 will have a very strong block and is warranted by Ford, so you get those benefits plus the other upgrades. Still, I can't argue too much with you when you look at the money you are being asked to pay for a GT500. If you could actually get one for $75k as advertised then I think it's a good value.
Sponsored

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
And that’s on brenspeed heartbreak dyno lol
Soon as my 500 gets here, hopefully late November, Brenspeed wants to do a little dyno work on it!

Sponsored

Wilson & Co

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang-less
That's bad but I will for real results. Could have been a pic of a bad pass or even tire spin.

I'm still guessing it will do 10.89 with a little practice

Dunk812

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Rapid Red
That's bad but I will for real results. Could have been a pic of a bad pass or even tire spin.

I'm still guessing it will do 10.89 with a little practice
Not that I'm going to the Drag strip every weekend in it anyways but 127 trap and 11.3 does not make sense unless its a really slow reaction time or wheel spin. I agree if you want a Drag car build one I have been down that road and in the end it was not a lot of fun to drive on the weekends, I would venture a guess that almost everyone buying a GT500 is not buying it because they want a Drag car. I got mine because I wanted a high performance car that can do many things well (yes there will always be one that can do one or more of the things better) and is also going to be enjoyable to drive on the weekend. We can pick apart every car that is being built by the manufactures if we want and a lot of people get enjoyment out of that so that's fine too. I will reserve my judgement of this car until I get it in my hands myself and get to drive it. If it's a blast to drive then it's exactly what I was looking for.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
The GT500 coming this late in the game needs to beat a Challenger Hellcat Redeye in the 1/4 mile. Anything less would be a failure. I’m sure we’ll see better times as the week progresses.

This is why it’s important for Ford to publish times instead of relying on a bunch of YouTubers to do it with only limited time with the car.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Gogoggansgo

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
The GT500 coming this late in the game needs to beat a Challenger Hellcat Redeye in the 1/4 mile. Anything less would be a failure. I’m sure we’ll see better times as the week progresses.

This is why it’s important for Ford to publish times instead of relying on a bunch of YouTubers to do it with only limited time with the car.
i completely agree it’s not that this isn’t a bad ass car. The issue is it’s so late to the game it’s already dated, it’s no faster than a red eye in a straight line. We will see with track results if it’s all worth it

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Not that I'm going to the Drag strip every weekend in it anyways but 127 trap and 11.3 does not make sense unless its a really slow reaction time or wheel spin. I agree if you want a Drag car build one I have been down that road and in the end it was not a lot of fun to drive on the weekends, I would venture a guess that almost everyone buying a GT500 is not buying it because they want a Drag car. I got mine because I wanted a high performance car that can do many things well (yes there will always be one that can do one or more of the things better) and is also going to be enjoyable to drive on the weekend. We can pick apart every car that is being built by the manufactures if we want and a lot of people get enjoyment out of that so that's fine too. I will reserve my judgement of this car until I get it in my hands myself and get to drive it. If it's a blast to drive then it's exactly what I was looking for.
Dude, stop making sense. This is an internet forum. You're s'posed to say something outrageous and then stick to it in the face of data that proves otherwise.

OP
OP
Gogoggansgo

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Dude, stop making sense. This is an internet forum. You're s'posed to say something outrageous and then stick to it in the face of data that proves otherwise.
agreed and the reality is this, the car has the same power to weight ratios as a red eye, so unless the DCT can preform magic at the drag strip it’ll run similar times

BrandonS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Premium A6
Not that an 11.30 is great by any means, its important to remember that this was done on a street tire in the heat. I'm sure the car was heat soaked from making a bunch of exhibition runs back to back. A proper tire with the car cooled down it'll go 10.60-.70 at 130+. That's impressive no matter who you are. Also, that TVS 2650 is not really spun up at all. A smaller pulley, E85 and some exhaust, these things are going to RIP... But it comes with a pretty staggering price tag.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Not that an 11.30 is great by any means, its important to remember that this was done on a street tire in the heat. I'm sure the car was heat soaked from making a bunch of exhibition runs back to back. A proper tire with the car cooled down it'll go 10.60-.70 at 130+. That's impressive no matter who you are. Also, that TVS 2650 is not really spun up at all. A smaller pulley, E85 and some exhaust, these things are going to RIP... But it comes with a pretty staggering price tag.
Yes, I agree. This hype is jumping the gun. Fun to talk about, but a bit premature.
Sponsored