Sponsored

How to avoid people who try to race you?!

OP
OP
2019fordmustang

2019fordmustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Omar
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, BMW 545i, Mercedes E550, Mercedes E320, Kia Sorento V6
Many different ways. If someone tries to flex at me, personally, and I don't want to bother (not worth it, roads are bad, car isn't warmed up) then I just drive normal. I usually avoid eye contact but if they persist I'll give them a "you're an idiot," look. Most people get bored after a few seconds. You can also just punch it. No need to bring it to redline or row the gears, either. A small display of what this car is capable of will give a lot of people the hint. On the off chance someone gets aggressive? Blow their doors off. Your safety is now at risk if you don't punch it

Bottom line, you're the only one in control of your car. Your ego will be your worst enemy. "Feels bad losing to a camry," but what loss? You weren't racing. If the camry driver tries to brag then, so what? Everyone who knows a bees dick about cars will know the camry driver is an idiot.

Another way of looking at it is this: is the risk of wrecking your favorite car worth proving you can beat someone you know you'll beat?
Man you make total sense!!!
Sponsored

SRF2019gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1, 2014 Mustang GT Base
Happens quite a bit to both myself and my wife....she says it’s because I put the side racing stripes on. I usually don’t even bother. Most of the time I get a rev from the other car, I’ll give a rev and a thumbs up. If it’s other muscle cars, most are usually cool. It’s the Honda’s and Subies that are utterly annoying. Usually the stink eye look.....they take off.

mejohn50

Intergalactic Snail
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
slow junk
It’s always the tuned Volkswagens over here in Germany. I was cruising at 200kmh the other day in an unrestricted zone when I passed a lightly modded Golf GTI. There was no traffic and I was not holding anybody up. This dude rolled up on me to try to prove something. I just let him pass. He hung next to me for a minute trying to get me to do something. Bro, we are ALREADY going 125mph. Why?

Just ignore those people. They will go away.

LxMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Gt.
Vehicle Showcase
Sometimes I let them think we're really racing. I'll rev back back but when the light goes green I let them get the jump then I just drive on like normal and they think they " blew my doors off".

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Just ignore.

Loud exhaust usually scares them into not bothering lol

YoloBathsalts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT - PP1
Bury them in the weight of their own shame by gapping the shit outta them.
or just give them the "run along now pheasant" hand gesture.

RugbyRef

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
My brother was visiting me not too long ago and got the chance to take my car for a spin. Some tool in a Hellcat pulled along side and obviously wanted to race. At first we simply ignored him, but he persisted until he eventually didn't like the fact we were ignoring him, so he pulled in front of us and brake-checked us. When that didn't work, he pulled back along side and proceeded to let us know just exactly how he felt about it. My brother, at that point, simply pulled out his po-po badge and flashed it at the douche. Man...that Hellcat disappeared behind us so fast I think he stood on his brakes. We simply continued on...laughing our asses off.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I was minding my own business merging on the highway. Got upto 70 mph and this guy try in Camry next to me accelerating to keep up with me. I was trying to just get to 80 mph and then this guy trying to catch up fast.
I thought it to myself is it worth proving someone in a Camry how fast the 5.0 is and especially on a public road. This guy takes off and then slows down to get next to me so I can race with him.

Thought came to my mind I am a young dad and it's a public road I am not going race anyone. Felt bad losing to a Camry though.

How do you guys avoid random people who try to race you when you are in your mustang?
One day you'll figure out, no one gives a shit about what you drive. That person in the Camry was not trying to race you, they we're just doing their own thing.

No one gives a crap about what you drive. They don't notice you, don't care, aren't interested. Hell, they don't give a crap about their own car, much less yours.

jgruben1134

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP2 Velocity Blue "Moby"
Usually I avoid them by pushing my right foot closer to the floor and most cars seem to disappear behind me. It's the strangest thing. :D

Seriously, though, I just ignore them. I drive like I drive and go about my business. Sometimes I want to row through the gears on an entrance ramp, and other times I don't, err...can't because of traffic.

Sponsored

jgruben1134

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP2 Velocity Blue "Moby"
I roll my window down and ask them "what's retail on one of those?" Then rev back at them and wait for Vin to tell me to smoke him. At which point I take off weaving through traffic racing the guy along the California coast.
Make sure you don't granny shift or not double clutch like you should.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Remember if you don't participate there is no race. If there is no race, nobody "won."

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
I was minding my own business merging on the highway. Got upto 70 mph and this guy try in Camry next to me accelerating to keep up with me. I was trying to just get to 80 mph and then this guy trying to catch up fast.
I thought it to myself is it worth proving someone in a Camry how fast the 5.0 is and especially on a public road. This guy takes off and then slows down to get next to me so I can race with him.

Thought came to my mind I am a young dad and it's a public road I am not going race anyone. Felt bad losing to a Camry though.

How do you guys avoid random people who try to race you when you are in your mustang?
Don't feel bad, if you don't race you don't win or lose. Winning or losing on the street doesn't mean anything anyway. If anybody seriously keeps a "street cred" they need a life.
The guy was probably trolling you or baiting you if there was a cop nearby. No one has ever thought to themselves a Camry will beat a 5.0.

This street racing game is all mental unless he starts to get aggressive(get in your lane and brake-check you or ride your ass behind you). Just constantly maintain speed limit speed on the highway until he gets bored and drives off. Look straight ahead and wait it out. It really is the best option. Waving or any hand sign could add fuel to the fire and make the guy do his shenanigans for longer.

One day you'll figure out, no one gives a shit about what you drive. That person in the Camry was not trying to race you, they we're just doing their own thing.

No one gives a crap about what you drive. They don't notice you, don't care, aren't interested. Hell, they don't give a crap about their own car, much less yours.
That just simply isn't true.

Sawyerjames

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt A10
Vehicle Showcase

I usually honk 3 times at them... in all seriousness just by driving normal and paying attention to the road and not them does the trick. With a nice blow off valve, you can rev and "most" cars leave you alone after they hear the "WHHHHHOOOOOOSH" from a v8
Sponsored