Sponsored

How to avoid people who try to race you?!

JohnDoe

<3 short walks to my car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
Happens almost every week around here. If I’m not in the mood then just maintain speed. Tinted windows works too, but I completely understand wanting to know how’ll you’ll do against certain iconic cars even if you’re driving a shitbox, they probably get a kick out of watching so much power pull away.

It’s really just a compliment if you think about it lol
Sponsored

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
I usually stay in the right lane doing the speed limit or 4-5 mph over. Just about every car around me passes me and sometimes very fast. Once in a while I will come up on someone going under the speed limit and pass them.

At times I do get an ass hat that tries to lure me in and I just ignore them. Here in Central Florida it’s pretty hot so I rarely drive with the windows down and my windows are tinted so ignoring them they get bored and move on.

I have in the past smoked a couple people but after doing it I thought what did that prove? and how stupid it was. It’s just not worth taking a risk and crashing my car or losing my license for a stupid move. There is just too much to risk.

OP
OP
2019fordmustang

2019fordmustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Omar
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, BMW 545i, Mercedes E550, Mercedes E320, Kia Sorento V6
I usually stay in the right lane doing the speed limit or 4-5 mph over. Just about every car around me passes me and sometimes very fast. Once in a while I will come up on someone going under the speed limit and pass them.

At times I do get an ass hat that tries to lure me in and I just ignore them. Here in Central Florida it’s pretty hot so I rarely drive with the windows down and my windows are tinted so ignoring them they get bored and move on.

I have in the past smoked a couple people but after doing it I thought what did that prove? and how stupid it was. It’s just not worth taking a risk and crashing my car or losing my license for a stupid move. There is just too much to risk.
Where is central Florida do you live? I'm live in Orlando

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro

I've been down in Florida on vacation not too long ago and noticed a lot of aggressive drivers. I was in a cheap rental and I always drive near the limit or near the speed of slower traffic when I'm in an unfamiliar area where I don't know how local law enforcement behaves. Enforcement must be pretty lax down there, I would guess.

By contrast I was in the Seattle area and most people stuck very close to the speed limit in a lot of areas. Crazy how different traffic can be in different locations.

Smokey613

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Race Red
Vehicle Showcase
In my youth I street raced a lot. Less traffic, no ricer wanabees and a lot fewer cops. Usually it was on a deserted road where if something went wrong nobody but the participants were in danger. I am a lot older, hopefully wiser and nothing to prove. I do enjoy a good WOT run but only on non traffic roads and then only to enjoy the Mustang and remember the “good old days“. I really am amazed I survived long enough to begin my 32 year LEO career. I will say I never wrote anyone a ticket for racing, I usually just reminded them how foolish it was and to take it to a track. Now days we just cruise with the top down and enjoy retirement! Eventually we will sell the Mustang and return to a more practical car but we are having fun while it lasts.
Sponsored