Sponsored

Are you in? Or are you out?

Ok, the dust has settled. Who's in or out?

• Total voters

Ven0r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, 2016 Focus RS, 2013 Raptor
I'm in, CFTP, all options except painted stripes. @MSRP

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
I wouldn't say upset. Some people just can't understand paying more than MSRP. I do understand if you know someones brother in law that has Ford dealership and is willing to sell you a GT500 at MSRP that is great. (as long as you are happy with the MSRP.) And if you are willing to spend the time and scour the country (and also sort through who is for real and who is full of baloney and if you are willing to travel or pay to have it shipped) you can find and MSRP deal. The thing is it takes a lot of effort. I have been down this road before. (To be honest too old now to deal with it) The other thing that makes me pause on this car is that Ford Performance really hasn't nailed anything lately before delivery. It seems that everything they make lately has a problem of some sort or doesn't live up to the hype. At 6 figures I have to think about that. Also at 6 figures the build quality does concern me. (along with the unannounced weight. I hate to keep bringing it up but? No number yet?). The other killer for me is the no manual option. Yea, yea, the DCT is so many milliseconds quicker, If I'm not at a track racing for money give me the manual every day. That's why the suggestion of a GT350 with a Whipple sounds kind of appealing especially dollar for dollar.
i was in until a year ago but I am out (for a few years at least ) but not because of the pricing which I think is reasonable for the base .

I jumped the gun last year as I was tired of waiting so decided to add a Whipple to my GT 350 and a get 10 speed 2018 GT (also now has Gen 5 whipple to my stable) that has the Q850 bumper .

I also have two 2015 GT ā€˜s both with built 5.2 long blocks (GT 350 heads/ford racing cams )
The Hellion car has a Gen 2 Voodoo block built 6R80 and the 3.2 KB car a sleeved 5.2
Magnum Tremec.

The Voodoo in the GT 350 is getting rebuilt as we speak after bending a couple of rods. It will be sleeved and have diamond pistons / upgraded valve spring and ARP head studs . Should be ready for all the boost with an upgraded clutch / CF DS when it gets back .

3 of the cars(except the 18 ) have back up long blocks(my warranty ). Lol

If had a money tree I would love to add a GT 500 but also thinking of thinning the herd and only keeping the 18GT and GT 350 .

Last edited:

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I'm out again, but maybe in for a '21. We'll see. No worries, either way. there are lots of great used cars to be had now days for 100 to 150K :)

eric n

HNIC/Head Ninja in Charge
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ericnolan.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
16 Shelby RR B&W stripes GT350 G0249
I was very lucky to get my gt350 in November of 2015 for $1 under msrp. There is like zero chance, I'm going to duplicate that deal. I might consider picking up one in a couple of years, but I can't possibly feel good about paying a $10k+ adm. I am quite envious of those of you who can feel good about it. Enjoy your cars!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I was very lucky to get my gt350 in November of 2015 for $1 under msrp. There is like zero chance, I'm going to duplicate that deal. I might consider picking up one in a couple of years, but I can't possibly feel good about paying a $10k+ adm. I am quite envious of those of you who can feel good about it. Enjoy your cars!
I wouldn't pay that amount either :wink:

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Didnā€™t vote because I am not buying in 2020. Waiting until 2021 to see what C8 Z06 turns out to be. Then in ā€˜21 or ā€˜22 Iā€™ll likely grab either the GT500 base with handling package, tech package and VINYL stripes or C8 Z06.
What I saw last night just sealed the deal. Iā€™ll be signing up for a C8 either Z06 or Grand Sport. The base C8 with Z51 totally exceeds my performance expectations for the car and I expect Grand Sport and Z06 will be even that much better. And the price is waaaay less than even I imagined. Keep in mind I had been told by Tadge himself that pricing would be ā€œonly slightly above C7 pricing for similar trim levels.ā€ $60k for a gorgeous mid-engine sub 3s car is insane. Thatā€™s C7 ZR1 territory at half the price.

I expected base C8 to come in around 500 hp, but did not expect it to have performance near C7 ZR1. I didnā€™t expect to see that level of performance until Z06. If base / Z51 is a sub-3s car, Z06 will be absolutely ridiculous.

tws123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt premium
What I saw last night just sealed the deal. Iā€™ll be signing up for a C8 either Z06 or Grand Sport. The base C8 with Z51 totally exceeds my performance expectations for the car and I expect Grand Sport and Z06 will be even that much better. And the price is waaaay less than even I imagined. Keep in mind I had been told by Tadge himself that pricing would be ā€œonly slightly above C7 pricing for similar trim levels.ā€ $60k for a gorgeous mid-engine sub 3s car is insane. Thatā€™s C7 ZR1 territory at half the price.

I expected base C8 to come in around 500 hp, but did not expect it to have performance near C7 ZR1. I didnā€™t expect to see that level of performance until Z06. If base / Z51 is a sub-3s car, Z06 will be absolutely ridiculous.

tws123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt premium
I agree! I have a c6zo6 and a mustang GT. I Will be getting the c8zo6 when it arrives. At least the ordering process is easier than Ford and you know production date when order is accepted. also with the gm credit card I will at least get car under msrp

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1966 Couple (347 Stroker)
I am officially out for now. Put a deposit down on a 2020 AMG GTR Pro being built in August. Local dealer here was stuck on the 30k ADM and I couldn't justify it with this particular dealer after the business I've given and would continue to give.

If I see any of you at the Ridge or some of the local tracks in British Columbia - I'll be asking for a ride along for a few laps. Can't wait to see the GT500 in person.

Oh, and to the poster above. Enjoy the C8. Love how performance continues to improve across all automotive brands. Only makes them all better and we really are the winners.

Sponsored

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
C8 = How's the ADM world today?
Hopefully, the C8 will take some of the folks not normally in the Mustang market out of the GT500 potential owner pool cooling off ADMs. The Shelby Mustangs have historically attracted non-Mustang buyers but now they have another hot new car option to consider.

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I'm still in, but after the C8 reveal and price, it gives me extra options. I will be waiting on Z06 prices and options and how it compares to 80-90K GT500. The sticking points for me in the past has been no back seat, cheap interior, and terrible GM service.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
re: bold, I don't think it does, it's just weight (and weight transfer) + gearing for a quick 0-60 sprint, but in the 1/4 I'm sure the ZR1 will be quicker, and substantially faster MPH (and from any kind of roll up to triple digits, I expect the ZR1 would put bus lengths on a base C8). I guess the track comparisons will be coming in several months, but I'd still expect the ZR1 to be notably quicker on a large[r] track.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's pretty spectacular, love the weight, dry sump, the tech, use of an 8-speed DCT, etc.

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
re: bold, I don't think it does, it's just weight (and weight transfer) + gearing for a quick 0-60 sprint, but in the 1/4 I'm sure the ZR1 will be quicker, and substantially faster MPH (and from any kind of roll up to triple digits, I expect the ZR1 would put bus lengths on a base C8). I guess the track comparisons will be coming in several months, but I'd still expect the ZR1 to be notably quicker on a large[r] track.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's pretty spectacular, love the weight, dry sump, the tech, use of an 8-speed DCT, etc.
I certainly agree with you in terms of ultimate performance. ZR1 is going to have more than an edge. But for 0-60 to be on par with C7 ZR1 is huge. Quarter mile should be edge to ZR1, but I would expect that the C8 Z06 will exceed the C7 ZR1, just as C7 Z06 outperforms Z6 ZR1. Thatā€™s why Iā€™m gonna wait for the C8 Z06. I canā€™t even get full use of C7 Z06 capability on a track, so for track purposes, a base + Z51 would probably be fine for me, but Iā€™m still gonna hold out for the C8 Z06.
Sponsored