Do you have audio questions?

300mag

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Prem Vert
looking to add amp and upgrade speakers on 17 ecoboost Prem convertible (9 speaker w/ amplifier). don't want to cut the factory wiring or run all new speaker wires. will the FOR-11CK harness work on my system or would I have to buy the molex plugs and build my own adapters or any other options?
Sponsored

Canoman

Lurker (mostly)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP 400A
Vehicle Showcase
looking to add amp and upgrade speakers on 17 ecoboost Prem convertible (9 speaker w/ amplifier). don't want to cut the factory wiring or run all new speaker wires. will the FOR-11CK harness work on my system or would I have to buy the molex plugs and build my own adapters or any other options?
From what I've been able to gather, the FOR-11CK harness works for a non-premium, base, non-amplified system. For the premium cars, HextallS550 makes custom harnesses, or you can opt for infotainment.com's offering which is more expensive, and not as nice as Hextall's harnesses.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
+1 for Hextall's harnesses. @HextallS550

Don's Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500. 2018 C63S
This started out with me looking for some fitment questions, on a set of Infinity-Reference-REF-6530cx that Crutchfield says wont fit my car, and me looking for speaker rings to fit the Infinity-Reference-REF-3032cfx No matter what I looked for couldn't find any mounting rings, other than a company in Florida that wanted to sell me mounting adapters for all three speakers. So I ended up making my own speaker rings for my front door speakers, just don't know if I am going to use both 1/2 inch rings or both of them. Depends how deep the door panel is.

Then while reading the 36 page wire upgrade post Cking said If your upgrading a 9 speaker system the 3.5 door speaker are wired in parallel with cap on the tweeter for high pass. So using a coaxial 3.5 will lead to double tweeters. Then djcwardog said he clipped the tweeter wire in his 3.5” coax and has less harsh highs

I plan to use the 6530's without the crossovers, just the 6.5 for now, and tweeters down the road, and now thinking I may clip the tweeter wires on the 3.5's

So what do you think about running the 6530's with out the crossovers, and any other suggestions on setting this up with the stock amp in my 9 speaker system
!cid_de6a393d-738a-40c0-b29f-aff473afec40@namprd20_prod_outlook.jpg
!cid_3b3532de-f997-4ecc-800e-53ebbf0a36dc@namprd20_prod_outlook.jpg
!cid_9ed712cd-3229-4eee-a3f9-7f6a4ba78427@namprd20_prod_outlook.jpg

Mhjr74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKS, Ford Explorer
Does anybody know where I can find the specs on the B&O Play 12 speaker system for the Mustang? I can't seem to find it anywhere. I need to know if the sub is 2 ohm or 4 ohm and how much power they have going to it.

Sponsored

PhxDemon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
I have tried searching around the forums for the female connectors for the door speakers. Every thread points to these.

https://www.amazon.com/Metra-72-560...pID=31BzOc3qA9L&preST=_SX300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

I have a 2018 Mustang GT with the 9 speaker system. I think those adapters work for the woofers, but do the midranges use the same plug? I have a set of hertz mpk 163.3 and plan on doing a speaker swap and sound deadening ASAP. Down the line I will add DSP/Amps/Subwoofer. I'm just trying to install a nice SQ system without altering any factory wiring or cannibalizing the factory speakers to mount the new ones.

Thanks!

300mag

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Prem Vert
I have tried searching around the forums for the female connectors for the door speakers. Every thread points to these.

https://www.amazon.com/Metra-72-560...pID=31BzOc3qA9L&preST=_SX300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

I have a 2018 Mustang GT with the 9 speaker system. I think those adapters work for the woofers, but do the midranges use the same plug? I have a set of hertz mpk 163.3 and plan on doing a speaker swap and sound deadening ASAP. Down the line I will add DSP/Amps/Subwoofer. I'm just trying to install a nice SQ system without altering any factory wiring or cannibalizing the factory speakers to mount the new ones.

Thanks!
for the midranges in the door I actually used the plugs on the factory speakers and soldered them onto the new speakers. I did the same on the center speaker as well.

PhxDemon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Thanks! That seems to be what everyone does. I was looking for a way to keep the OEM speakers intact though.

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt build no.301
So here I am driving round in my new Bullitt listening to music off my IPOD and then suddenly this cuts out and is overridden by the broadcast from a local radio station.
I also notice too that sometimes when I go into the sources menu the ipod option has disappeared
Can anyone please advise
Dazed and confused

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
So here I am driving round in my new Bullitt listening to music off my IPOD and then suddenly this cuts out and is overridden by the broadcast from a local radio station.
I also notice too that sometimes when I go into the sources menu the ipod option has disappeared
Can anyone please advise
Dazed and confused
Loose connection maybe? try a different cable or different USB port

Sponsored

Enchilada

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I have a custom setup with amps powering my factory front speakers and a JL Audio Stealthbox. Recently I started getting sub surge (?) when I open and close my doors. The popping is getting annoying. Any ideas on how to get rid of this? I can upload my setup as well as pics if it helps. Thanks in advance!

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
can i ask you to review my set up?
i ran power and ground wires to the trunk from the battery along passenger side. cut speaker wires from back of stereo and put those to a line out converter in the glove box, ran the rca wires(opposite side of car from power/ground) from the loc to the amp in the trunk and then ran new speaker wires from the amp back to behind the head unit and reconnected to factory wires that then go to the individual upgraded speakers. actually sounds pretty good. my only issue is im getting some interference from the speakers somewhere and idk why. gain too high? poor ground? any insight appreciated

TSquare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I have a 16 GT base. 6 speaker system. I am planning on doing a replacement unit, but I can't decide if I should do an android auto / apple car play system, or a system with GPS built-in. I plan on going Kenwood. Is there a reason to use on over the other. A couple of things I REALLY like, I like to see the posted speed limit on the nav screen (my last kenwood with gps in the vette had the posted limit and your actual speed) and I REALLY like 3d style visuals on the nav and the lane warning. I have not used android auto enough to know if it has those options.

GPS Unit:
Pros: Don't have to worry about cell service (for data), don't have to plug phone into usb for it to work (keep it in pocket) I think the map viuals will look better
Cons: More expensive by usually $200, mounting the GPS antenna somewhere, costly yearly map updates, Sometimes difficult to enter destination direstions

Android Auto/Carplay Unit:
Pros: Maps ALWAYS up to date, Less expensive, simple to use direction entry (google destination, hit directions, hit start, go to there)
Cons: Have to plug in phone to USB (unless Pixel), Maps won't look visually as good

Anyone have anymore pros/cons, install experince, etc...

I have installed several radios in the past on all makes and models and years, as I understand I will have to remove a few pieces of the sub dash for this install. Not crazy about the idea, but I can handle it.

Jrod9707

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT convertible manual
I have replaced all the speakers in my 15 - 9 speaker system with Kickers. They seem to be really good quality for the money and then just added the kicker hideaway sub in the rear floor board. Now I have a really nice sounding system for a minimal amount of money and the install was pretty easy.
What is the kicker models #’s that you used?
Sponsored