Am I the only who is disappointed?

hemistar1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2, 2017 F-150
I'm sorry but there is nothing special with this GT 500. It's even less special when you compare it to everything else that is already out there. In my opinion, Ford dropped the ball BIG TIME! I don't think anyone has to worry about huge dealer mark ups on this "special stang".

I have to agree with you and I hate that stinking dial shifter.I drove a 18 Ford Expedition with that crap and I just don’t like it. I wanna be fair so here is my take:

Pros

1. Colors ..the blue is awesome
  2. Power...yes it will kick ass
  3. Front end is slick but why stop there

Cons

1. Stupid auto selector/shifter
  2. Not exotic looking enough... bring back the designer that went from 2014 to current...I need more curves and aerodynamics..something new
  3. Same old interior

I am glad I didn’t wait and purchased a Corvette C7 M7 last month. I am not saying I won’t be back in a mustang but not anytime soon.

Signed,

Seriously let down
Sponsored

cobra1320

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Cobra
I'm sorry but there is nothing special with this GT 500. It's even less special when you compare it to everything else that is already out there. In my opinion, Ford dropped the ball BIG TIME! I don't think anyone has to worry about huge dealer mark ups on this "special stang".
I like it but somewhat disappointed after such a long wait. Was hoping it would be a major upgrade over the Camaro and Hellcat performance wise, not so sure it will be.

MYSNAKE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
People said they wanted an updated GT 350 front fascia with more power you got it besides the different crankshaft.

Sponsored

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
I’m sorta surprised that so much “win / lose” is being placed on one metric which, for the most part, will never be tested. How many here will actually buy a GT500? Of that number, how many will actually find themselves lined up (strip or street) with a Demon?

With what I know now about both cars...let’s throw the Redeye in there just for giggles...I’d land on the GT500. If it turned out that it was a tenth....2 tenths....5 tenths slower than a Demon / Redeye in the 1/4, no biggie. Still leaning GT500. It’s just more car and more capable. I’m sure there are some who feel that the bigger passenger compartment and bigger trunk make the Demon / Redeye more car and more capable. Fine. They should buy one.

Falconetti

cash me outside howbow da
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, 1994 SVT COBRA
Looks alone didn't do it for me. Is it bad ass looking, yes, but I guess I was expecting more flare. Personal opinion here only. I really want to see it in person, hear it,and feel the transmission and drive characteristics. Then at that point I will decide whether or not I fall in love with it. That will also be the point at which time I realize the fact I cant afford one is OK or a disappointment.

Bladex10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra
I'll reserve my judgement until the MSRP comes out. I like the car itself. I'd be down to get a regular track pack one but i have a feeling the MSRP + the obvious dealer mark ups are going to produce some scary looking numbers.

sdiver68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1 10R80 Vert
Vehicle Showcase
You know damn well it ain't beating a Demon, period.
Did people really believe that crap?
An 840HP car, drag radials, special rear end, strong tranny, customized drag pack suspension and a Transbrake. :cwl:
On a real course, all day long.

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
You know damn well it ain't beating a Demon, period.

Did people really believe that crap?

An 840HP car, drag radials, special rear end, strong tranny, customized drag pack suspension and a Transbrake.
And the turning/stopping power of the Titanic. The Demon is excellent at ONE thing (aka BORING), this GT500 will be very good at EVERYTHING (aka FUN!). Even my Base GT is more fun then a Demon ever will be.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
It doesn't beat the demon on the strip or a zo6 on the track. It might not even beat a zl1 camaro any where. Please help me, "what's so special"?
Your post make ZER0 sense dude. Explain to us how you define "special" again...?

Does the Demon even pull 1g on the skidpad..? Or have any stopping power..? How do you know the GT500's performance vs the Z06..? Or better yet, given what we already know, why do you feel the Z06 can beat the GT500..? (The camaro doesn't count, because nobody wants to be seen in one.)

Does the Z06 have Next-gen Magneride?

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
Anyone who thinks Ford is going to redesign the doors and rear quarters just for the new GT500 are not being realistic with their expectations. Since no actual numbers have been released and the car isn't on the street, all this bench racing and speculation is hilarious.
Sponsored

Reactions: _M_